PDA

View Full Version : anti vibe

rigger
10-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Have not seen anything like this but does anybody make an anti vibe mount that would bolt on to the top of a stock steering stem? Just a bolt on part that would raise the bars a tad and give you the anti vibe at the same time.

Or has anyone ever made one and what did you make it out of ?

ehorst33
10-13-2009, 06:50 AM
I used a laegers anti vibe clamp and modded it a little bit to fit on my stock stem. I did this so I could fit 1 1/8" bars on my stem and I had a brand new laegers clamp.

88redrocket
10-13-2009, 09:35 AM
here you go

http://www.roxspeedfx.com/cgi-bin/cart/showitems.cgi?subcat_id=254

MossboysRacing
10-13-2009, 04:44 PM
the rox speed unit is good stuff. My brother got the very first one they ever produced and he is still running it today. It has survived a fex XC wrecks and the bushings are still in good shape after like 3 years

MossboysRacing
10-13-2009, 04:44 PM
the rox speed unit is good stuff. My brother got the very first one they ever produced and he is still running it today. It has survived a fex XC wrecks and the bushings are still in good shape after like 3 years

rigger
10-13-2009, 04:46 PM
That looks pretty cool. Have not seen that one before. A little more money than I would have thought for something like that but it does look like it is made pretty well.

A buddy of mine was just telling me about somebody that he just ran across, I can not remember the name of the company right now, that you can send your stock stem to them. They cut off the bottom and weld up an all new tube at your choice of height and with the anti vibe on it to. I think he said it was only like $130 dollars to have it done.

I will find out who it was. Might be somthing to look into.

rockingkfarms
10-13-2009, 07:41 PM
Rox products are well made and I have been impressed with their customer service in the past.

croat1
10-13-2009, 09:46 PM
JD performance will modify a steering stem for you

mxduner
10-14-2009, 08:27 PM
you might be able to take a older cr mount with rubbers and rig it if you wanna go cheap. gotta be tons of them lying around, as people changed em out for the top clamp and 1-1/8 bars

rigger
10-14-2009, 08:41 PM
I don't remember CR's having rubber mounts on the bars but it has been a long time since I have been on a CR250.

That is a good idea. If they have a rubber mounted base that I can make work for not much money, it would be worth trying. I would love to get an anti vibe stem but I can't swing that right now.

I will look into some CR mounts.

Thanks for the idea.

mxduner
10-15-2009, 12:16 AM
'00 and '01's almost garunteed. cr500 i think had them to

rigger
10-15-2009, 06:56 PM
I saw some on ebay for a CR500. I guess if I were going to try and make somthing like that work, I would have to find some tubing maybe that the rubber inserts would fit into. Then the tubing could be welded into place on the stock stem. Then you have a home made anti vibe for not much more than the cost of some older CR mounts.

What do you guys think? Think it could work or is it a waste of time?

The only real problem I can see right off of the bat would be the tapper in rubber part of the mounts. Maybe it would not be a big deal at all but I wonder if that would work out in some straight tubing.

rigger
10-16-2009, 06:51 PM
Well I decided not to try and build something. Mainly due to the safety factor involved. I don't want to be hanging on across the top of some big whoops and have something come apart on me.

I have a buddy that has everything I needed to make my own but then we took one of his anti vibes stems apart and I saw that it is tappered inside of where the rubber parts mount like I thought it would be. When I saw that and there is no way for me to make the same kind of a taper, I decided to just wait until I have a little extra money and find a good stem to use.

05LSR250R
10-17-2009, 05:06 PM
I have a complete Laegers stem that has a slight bow in it! A machine shop can easily press it straight and you'd never tell the difference! I've been meaning to get it straightened but it just sits on the shelf collecting dust! If your interested then shoot me a PM! Thanx!