PDA

View Full Version : drr 70 w/ hetrick pipe

vindell
10-12-2009, 03:54 PM
ok have a 05 drr 50 that I placed a 70cc koso jug on, koso intake and a keihnin 20mm carb. was running a stock drr pipe. Just purchased a previously enjoyed hetrick pipe. What if any jetting changes should be made. Also had the clutch done prior to the new pipe. The machine pulls alot harder w/ the new pipe. Just want to make sure I am ok with the jets. Also got a aluminum cover for the uni, will this restrict air flow, will it run leaner or richer or make no diff at all. The cover has a Z cut out on the face.

vindell
10-12-2009, 07:41 PM
Why no help, What happened

THARNESS
10-13-2009, 08:18 AM
Put a new plug in it, ride it, then check your plug for color. If its too light go up a jet size then try again.

vindell
10-13-2009, 05:56 PM
thanks for your help. As soon as I get some garage time I'll do just that

JIM GRACE
10-14-2009, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by vindell
ok have a 05 drr 50 that I placed a 70cc koso jug on, koso intake and a keihnin 20mm carb. was running a stock drr pipe. Just purchased a previously enjoyed hetrick pipe. What if any jetting changes should be made. Also had the clutch done prior to the new pipe. The machine pulls alot harder w/ the new pipe. Just want to make sure I am ok with the jets. Also got a aluminum cover for the uni, will this restrict air flow, will it run leaner or richer or make no diff at all. The cover has a Z cut out on the face.

Can you post a pic of this aluminum cover
for the filter?

vindell
10-15-2009, 07:08 PM
Dont have the patience to figure out how to post a pick. Pictire a uni w/ a cover all the way around it. like the outerware was aluninum. now look at it from front and there is a Z cut into the front for air.

THARNESS
10-16-2009, 08:21 AM
I have seen those covers you are talking about. I have never tried one but I hear they work great. It seems like it would have to make it run a little richer, but you'll just have to play with it and see.