PDA

View Full Version : Boggin out in wheely postion!!!

torqen2k1
10-12-2009, 03:14 PM
Well when ever i do a wheely or go up a steep hill my quad boggs out or in other words floods it self out. I cleaned my carb and checked out the float but the float in not adjustable,also turned the pet cock on reserve and on and doesnt help.

sprayedgt
10-12-2009, 03:53 PM
Does this happen when the tank is totally full?

torqen2k1
10-12-2009, 04:05 PM
it doesnt matter wether the tanks full or half way emty or the pet cock is in the on or reserve postion.

katch26
10-12-2009, 04:18 PM
just because the floats not adjustable doesnt mean its not the problem it just means it has to be replaced as one piece.....not saying it IS just that it still has specs that it has to be within to still be serviceable

from the manual

With the float valve seated and the float arm just
touching the valve, measure the float level with the
float level gauge.
TOOL
Carburetor float level gauge
FLOAT LEVEL 18.5 mm (0.73 in)
The float cannot be adjusted.
Replace the float assembly if the float level is out of
specification.

sprayedgt
10-12-2009, 04:58 PM
I would not say it's the float. If it was it he would have the problem either way. There should be enough fuel in the bowl to accommodate a wheelie. Even with the gas shut off there is enough fuel to travel about 300-500 feet under WOT. Something else you can take a look at is the needle valve assembly. Make sure the o ring is in good condition and the screen at the top of it is clean.

torqen2k1
10-12-2009, 05:10 PM
Apreciate the help guys i will try both things with this carb to get this problem solved.