PDA

View Full Version : What different types of racing are there and how do you get a start in racing??

frogburner
01-14-2003, 04:51 PM
I thought I would maybe get an idea in my head some day and go racing,, But am not familair with it,,, where and how do you start??? what different types are there??

Ryan
01-14-2003, 04:58 PM
Well there is...

MX-Motocross
XC-Cross Country
TT-Flattrack
ECT.

first thing is I would get the right setup for each type of racing. If you wanna start then go to a local race and enter. You also need a AMA/ATVA card in order to race. For beginners, start racing (C) class or maybe (D).

TheRedRebel17
01-14-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by R8
Well there is...

MX-Motocross
XC-Cross Country
TT-Flattrack
ECT.

first thing is I would get the right setup for each type of racing. If you wanna start then go to a local race and enter. You also need a AMA/ATVA card in order to race. For beginners, start racing (C) class or maybe (D).
your mostly right but
TT= Tourist Trophy
i say that because the ttracks dont have to be flat..not trying to be a $$

Ryan
01-14-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Rider-400EX
your mostly right but
TT= Tourist Trophy
i say that because the ttracks dont have to be flat..not trying to be a $$

Thanks for clearing that up. I always was confusing with that but now I know the difference..... ***** ;) :D

01-14-2003, 05:12 PM
Frogburner you should look into the harescrambles in your state,,it's one of the largest in the US,,if you like long, fast, trail rides then your set dude...:D

Ryan
01-14-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Frogburner you should look into the harescrambles in your state,,it's one of the largest in the US,,if you like long, fast, trail rides then your set dude...:D

Yeah and having a stock quad, you are still competitive.

Im going for the Motocross. I think i'll end up breaking to many parts on XC
;) :blah

exriderdude
01-14-2003, 05:33 PM
i like to race around the house in my underwear:eek:

oj250r
01-14-2003, 05:34 PM
You also need a AMA/ATVA card in order to race. For beginners, start racing (C) class or maybe (D). [/B][/QUOTE]

where can i get that card so i can race and hoe much is it???

Ryan
01-14-2003, 05:42 PM
You can get your ATVA (http://www.atvaonline.com) right here. It tells you all the information you need to know.