PDA

View Full Version : Tips on ridein bikes?

jarfly
10-12-2009, 11:50 AM
So im tryin to learn how to ride this yz since I can't trade it to a truck.lol So what is some good tips for a benginner rider? Allso how do you set the throttle down on it?

400exrider69
10-12-2009, 01:26 PM
how tall are you i'm 5'6 or so and i can ride most any bike
really for me after riding bikes hard for a year and getting out of it then getting a few again this summer ride ride ride
don't be scared of it for one
I would always pick the nastiest day to go ride that way i'd crash the most and therefor learn the most all my buddies kept riding bikes and in 2 weeks of getting on i was able to keep up and pass them i rode all the time and tried about anything i could

practice alot on balance i can balance a bike like no other put it in first gear and just stand up and kill it and see how long you can keep it up and keep moving practice hard breaking and quick take offs which is no problem on that 250 2 stroke

KXRida
10-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Take your time and ride that's about it. Most people have a tendency to sit too far back on a bike, so keep your weight forward. Learn to use your clutch too. It's your best friend. Body position is everything so learn it right the first time around and build on it.

One_Bad_400
10-12-2009, 02:11 PM
i'm in the same boat as you. just got my first bike last week. i have yet to have a crash. and i know when i do it will break my fear. becasue i havent wrecked yet i'm all froze up. just a matter of seat time and learning what to do and what not to do

KAWIRYDER
10-12-2009, 03:36 PM
Remember the throttle is your friend. In most situations giving it gas rather than hitting the brake can get you out of a wreck. When you hit the brake you lose all your forward momentum and then bad things can happen. Keep your elbows up.:D

jesseweaver
10-12-2009, 03:39 PM
sit front, keep your elbows up, look ahead especially in ruts. i used to always look down so i could see my front tire and try to keep it in the rut. i started just getting the front tire in and looking up into the next corner. your bike will stay in the rut. keep your inside foot out while cornering. don't put it down, try to stick it up beside the front axle. keep your weight to the outside when turning. for example when doing a left turn, put your left *** cheek on the right side of the seat.

but yea when first starting out, just practice practice practice. and try to keep your weight front and elbows up, it will not feel right at first but when you start to get faster, if you're on the habbit of doing it, it will make cornering a lot easier. you feel like you're more "on top" of the bike and are more in control.

it might not feel right at first, but if you have proper technique you'll be a lot happier in the long run.

jesseweaver
10-12-2009, 03:45 PM
and the best advice you could ever get:

when in doubt, throttle it out

k4f5x0r
10-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
and the best advice you could ever get:

when in doubt, throttle it out

best advice ever. especially on sand tracks(way more fun on bikes) if your going too slow, you will fall in the berm. but if your starting to feel like your dropping, pin it and hold on. :devil:

XXX -rider
10-12-2009, 03:50 PM
couple quick pointers
elbows up & regrip throttle so your elbow never goes too low ...elbow below bars NO good !
stay off the seat cept turns (stay in attacks position or bent knee standing) for fast straights woops jumps rough stuff

..for turns sit down ,.move forward on the seat as you enter the turn ...back in attack position after leaving the turn .
learn to extend the same leg forward (not out to side ) as the direction of ....right leg for rt. turn

good exercise for turns is do figure 8's at least 125ft apart for the turns
as you get faster lean head & bike into the turns ...as you get comfortable enough to enter turns faster use both breaks more (frt mostly at beginning of turn) ..& learn to use the clutch to exit turns fast...with practice you should be able to exit most turns in same gear

...the more ya ride the more comfortable you get ,shorter sessions more often can be best to avoid frustation

jarfly
10-12-2009, 05:14 PM
im 5'5"/5'6" depends on what store I walk out of. HAHA But I road it sometoday and I did't crash out! I dont ride tracks onley hills. I can tell its goin to be a love/hate thing with this bike. Im goin to gear it up a little more were I can keep my frount tire on the ground. I dont relly like it standing up with me right now.
Thanks for the tips guys.

mxduner
10-12-2009, 10:48 PM
lots of great points, like elbows elbows elbows! nuts on the tank in the corners:D take a day and go trail riding in tough conditions and that will get your balance thing all squared away, and use the knees to sqeeze the chit out the tank

KXRida
10-13-2009, 05:39 AM
Get a new set of tires too. From the last pic you posted your tires were shot. That will help you learn a little better too. Something no one has really stated either is stand up. The only time you really want to be sitting is in turns and seat bouncing. Set your bike up to you as well. Reset your sag, if you have the money get it revalved, etc.