PDA

View Full Version : Versus still fighting

Lethalhonda2
10-12-2009, 08:21 AM
I just saw a commercial on Direct Tv the other day and it was for the Versus channel. It basically said if you want the channel back call this number. The number goes to a recording and then transfers you to a Direct TV agent. I spoke to the agent and as of right now everything still stands no Versus, but she did say they have had alot of angry customers because of it. So everyone please call 1-888-888-3778

wckedclownz69
10-12-2009, 08:25 AM
direct tv just sucks anyways...

matt14c
10-12-2009, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by wckedclownz69
direct tv just sucks anyways...

Dont be jealous because you dont have it! If you did then you wouldnt say that!

I dont know if Directv will collapse and give in to Comcast/Versus. I called that number too and the agent I talked to said that it would require them to make the channel part of some package or something like premium channels that us as customers would have to pay extra for and they dont want to bring that on people in this economy. It must be a heck of alot money that comcast wants that they are willing to do this!

ProspectorJim
10-12-2009, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by matt14c

I dont know if Directv will collapse and give in to Comcast/Versus. I called that number too and the agent I talked to said that it would require them to make the channel part of some package or something like premium channels that us as customers would have to pay extra for and they dont want to bring that on people in this economy. It must be a heck of alot money that comcast wants that they are willing to do this!

I had it and I have to agree that it sucks. Everytime there would be a storm, the signal would get lost.

10-12-2009, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by ProspectorJim
I had it and I have to agree that it sucks. Everytime there would be a storm, the signal would get lost.

i switched to direct from dish...worst tv choice i have ever made...dealt with direct until a few months before my 2 years was up, then switched back to dish...

not only storms, but even on a cloudy day, i would lose signal...no trees in the way, clear shot to the satellite...on a good day, my signal strength was 98%...dvr would not track right, no one knew what the problem was with that...
and yes, i had the service people out to re-aim me about 4 times. finally they quit sending people out...

by the way, i still have vs...

Sjorge450R
10-12-2009, 09:45 AM
people neglect Dish. Dish is the best out there. Did you know that dish vs comcast, dish has better HD? Thats because dish's is 100% hd and sent from a separate hd satalite. Comcast sends the same signal through the analog lines and then you hd box CONVERTs it up. Equivalent of a blue ray player up-converting your old dvd's. yeah its good, but not the same as dish's hd and like speedy said. We still have VS

good luck trying to get vs back on Direct.

10-12-2009, 10:36 AM
i'll be honest though, i don't expect to have vs when the current contract runs out...comcast owns vs. and i expect the same thing to happen...

yellowzo3
10-12-2009, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by matt14c

Yeah they must want a huge amount of money. Once in a while I check out the channel and it still has the message up there lol. But what I don't understand is why theres such an argument over this channel. Its the vs channel, not MTV. How much could they be asking? Will the shows that air on that channel cancel and find other channels to broadcast on since half their audience has been lost?

dpizz450
10-12-2009, 12:49 PM
I have had direct TV more then one time in different houses. Absolutely terrible. IDK how anyone could like it. If it's raining outside, you better forget about watching TV. I just bought a house about a month ago. There was not even a choice in my mind, I chose cox.

johnnyquad17
10-12-2009, 02:50 PM
We have had Direct TV for about 10 years and I can count on one hand how many times it went out. I love it with a major reason being NFL ticket. I hate cable and I would give Dish a try if they had NFL ticket also. Everyone is different.

10-12-2009, 02:55 PM
Direct tv is horrible. we have it in our house. there customer service is horrible!. dont even get me started. And they have that new commercial of the hurricane and he still gets tv! that cracks me up. Mine goes out in a rain shower.

As for VS. i hope we get it back. only thing we really had somewhat for us on tv.

matt14c
10-12-2009, 02:58 PM
I have had for two years and have never lost signal. Not sure if the installers are better around here or something but I have zero issues. Had cable before that the picture sucks, channel lineup sucks, and the customer service is terrible. My buddy has dishnetwork and his only problem is that the everytime he orders pay per view or something it jams signal for the rest of his house if he watching an ordered program on a tv then all the tvs will be watching it. Its really weird and his mom isnt the biggest fan of UFC! :p

m0t0xk1d
10-12-2009, 03:01 PM
i have time warner digital CABLE and still have vs.

Ralph
10-12-2009, 03:04 PM
Ive never had any satellite TV service.

Whats the advantage? We pay 80 per month for internet (~15mbps), HD cable with HBO and SHO with Comcast.

I'm pretty sure we could call and get some promotional rates back as well since a few just ran out.

How cheap is dish/direct TV?

At my parents' house they have optimum online which is flat out the best cable service I have ever heard of. They now have regional WiFi free with their cable internet. Customer service is also local and very helpful.

300racer
10-12-2009, 03:13 PM
i have direct tv and it is getting worse! first was the vs. thing where we don't get vs. and we still pay the same amount for it and now espn classic has been taken off are package? and we are still paying the same but when i called to get just get the espn classic they said it was going to be expensive to get just another channel added! but they wont take that money off are bill! so i pay about $90 a month for direct and don't have 2 major channels that i watch and when it sprinkles we are F***** that night we can't watch tv!

yellowzo3
10-12-2009, 03:26 PM
yeah directv does suck in any bad weather. and what do people usually do when the weathers bad? watch some tv or turn on the weather to see whats going on. it SUCKS when you cant do that. I haven't seen that commercial for the hurricane but I'm sure I'll be lol'ing when i do. ESPN classic is gone now? I never watch that but I'll have to check it out.

But I don't understand why some people have zero problems and others cant get a signal when it starts to drizzle. We have a clear view for the dish and its gone out ever since we've got it. Our neighbor just got it and it points directly at their house :huh ...lol probably doesnt work even on a sunny day

Edit- lmfao is it this one?

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RHpuPfB7xKg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RHpuPfB7xKg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

wckedclownz69
10-12-2009, 03:48 PM
im not jealous your jealous because i have cable and still have Versus.. lol i had dish once before and after 2 yrs got rid of it.. sucks when it storms... always went out...

wishmasstir
10-14-2009, 09:50 AM
My direct tv never goes out unless its a bad enough storm where the power will flicker. I called and *****ed because I dont have versus anymore and I'm missing hockey games, I got nhl center ice for free and all the movie channels too. I hate versus game broadcasting so its better having all the games...I never used the channel for anything else really. As for the whole debate, cable, dish, direct tv ... I've had them all and have direct tv right now and it works best for me.

Guy400
10-14-2009, 10:09 AM
I currently have Time Warner cable and love it. Previously I had Dish and it would go out on the occasional storm but it wasn't terrible. The only time my cable has ever gone out was during a complete power outage or somebody hit the pole. My brother had Direct TV and it was awful. HD DVR was replaced twice because it inexplicably would just freeze up. During heavy rain it would lose signal, etc. He wanted cable at his new house but it's not offered out there so he opted to go with Dish.

CNC_guy
10-14-2009, 11:50 AM
I've had DirecTV for 9+ years in 3 different houses and never had a problem. Like someone else said, I can count on one hand the times that I've completely lost signal. Customer service has been great and so has the guys they send out to install or upgrade service.