PDA

View Full Version : T-4 Quiet core ??

Muddinguy
10-11-2009, 09:13 PM
Do they not make one ?? My T-4 is just stupid loud they tested me one time and it was like 106 Db or something. but even riding its getting anoying.. and i cant for the life of me find a quiet core for it ? anybody got a link ?

honda400ex2003
10-11-2009, 09:49 PM
They do make a quiet core but you should repack it first. you would be amazed at the difference it makes to do it. it should never be 106 dbs. they are made to be 95 dbs. that is a huge difference. anyhow i will look for the link real quick but the core is pretty expensive. you can also get different caps to help reduce sound output and such but which one to use is beyond me. i make my own out of a washer and a pipe about 5 inches long. then i drill some holes in it to help it flow a little better out the sides along with helping to break more of the waves. if it helps that or not is r and d that i cant do but the principle is there. it does make it quieter but it makes it pop a bit more depending on the length of the pipe and how many holes. i did some experimenting a while back to find this stuff out but i am not sure of the exact sizes that sound good since i never actually wrote anything down.

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=432865&store=Main&catId=&productId=p432865&leafCatId=&mmyId=

if you go to the main menu and type in quiet core then go to the bottom there are different caps and everything you can choose from.

steve

Muddinguy
10-11-2009, 09:59 PM
guy i bought it off of said he just repacked it like one ride ago and then it sat for half a yr.. but he packed with FMF packing if that matters ??

honda400ex2003
10-11-2009, 10:17 PM
i use the moose stuff and it seems to work pretty good for about 40 hours of riding then it starts to get loud again. that is what moose says it is suppose to last though. he could have used the wrong stuff from fmf too. there is stuff for 2 strokes that i dont think you can use for 4 strokes but i guess maybe you can. fiberglass strips are probably your best bet since you can pack it really tight in there. the moose is just a sewed together set of fiber glass that you slide on, slide the card board out of the middle once it is on the screen inside then slide the canister back on again. it is easy to change but is still 20 bucks or so to do every now and again. this is why i started to make my own cores. they break sooner or later from the rattling with the thin metal to hold it in. once it starts to get loud i put it in there and can get a bit more out of the fiber before i replace it. steve

coreyownz
10-12-2009, 06:45 AM
i just bought my quiet core for my t-4 and it ran me $30 shipped and it did make a considerable differance at jcmotors.com

Muddinguy
10-12-2009, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by coreyownz
i just bought my quiet core for my t-4 and it ran me $30 shipped and it did make a considerable differance at jcmotors.com

hell yea ill be ordering that up tomorrow

honda400ex2003
10-13-2009, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Muddinguy
hell yea ill be ordering that up tomorrow

this spring i will be getting one for the noise sensitive areas i ride now that i dont like to ride through. i have to go really slow so it is not loud. steve

coreyownz
10-13-2009, 02:37 PM
good luck youll have to measure the "canister" it made a good differance

honda400ex2003
10-13-2009, 04:01 PM
It has been so long since i looked at my machine i cant remember if it is 4 or not. lol. I think that is what it is though if i am not mistaken. steve

Muddinguy
10-13-2009, 05:37 PM
mine's 3.5 woo hooo i get the cheaper one !

and on that note.. my quad will be quieter next week

honda400ex2003
10-13-2009, 07:20 PM
sounds good thanks. I will check it out when i get home next. steve

coreyownz
10-14-2009, 08:24 AM
you guys are welcome lmao:rolleyes:

Muddinguy
10-17-2009, 11:29 AM
ummmm ok ??

So i just got my order and the only thing in the box is the cap that screws on the end that like surrounds the outlet ?? wtf ?? did the screw up or do they not sell whats pictured ?
http://www.jcmotors.com/p-5886-pro-circuit-modular-quiet-tip-for-35-canister.aspx

10-17-2009, 05:23 PM
well i bought a quiet core for my 4 inch can t4. and it was 38 shipped from moto sport. that was just the insert.

TRXRacer1
10-17-2009, 07:47 PM
I bought one for my 3.5" T4 and it sounded like shiit! Made it higher pitched. I took it right out.

Never trust a sales pitch, open it up and check the packing.

Muddinguy
10-18-2009, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by TRXRacer1
I bought one for my 3.5" T4 and it sounded like shiit! Made it higher pitched. I took it right out.

Never trust a sales pitch, open it up and check the packing.

well i ordered some FMF 4 stroke packing last night as well so i guess ill wait to hear from JC motors on the tip issue

10-18-2009, 07:44 AM
well if anyone has a 4 inch t4 tip they wanna sell lmk.

Muddinguy
10-20-2009, 01:02 PM
**** JC MOTORS !
http://www.jcmotors.com/p-5886-pro-circuit-modular-quiet-tip-for-35-canister.aspx
if you ordered that wouldnt you think you were getting a ****ing quiet core ?? Nooooo that little smart *** cock sucker on the phone tells me thats just the tip and he doesnt know how its supposed to make it quieter.. so you sell something you know nothing about AND not to mention it doesnt even fit... my friggin PRO CIRCUIT t-4 !