PDA

View Full Version : wheel spacers

hippy440
11-22-2001, 09:04 AM
what are the disadvantages of using wheel spacers??:confused:

nigsrig
11-22-2001, 07:54 PM
i have a set on the front of my 400ex and i haven't foun anything wrong with them,they work great

redrider ex
11-22-2001, 10:49 PM
:huh The wheele spacers i have seen cost like $60to$80 so
where i work i use milling machines and lathes and i got somr billit
alluminum and turned it down on the lathe and made some spacers for the back wheeles and they work great.
My buddy had me make him some to.

11-23-2001, 02:34 AM
Does anybody have pictures of your front wheel spacers on you EX. It just seems to me +2 a-arms are a lot of $.
How hard are they to install on the front.

Picture of the spacers on your 400 please.

11-23-2001, 07:13 AM
Heres a pic of my quad with spacers on it before I got the new A-arms,,,not a bad idea to save money. I used mine all race season and they worked great. The only disadvatage they have is they cause more bump steer since your moving your wheels away from the ball joints,,but nothing to worry about,,after about 2 rides you'll feel very comfortable with them. I have some for sale if ya wan't them $45 including shipping. NOt hard to install,,what you do is pull your studs off your hubs and install longer studs to go with the spacers,,which my spacers are 1 1/2 inch thick,,so you gain 3 inches total up front.

400exBro
11-23-2001, 03:47 PM
What about the rear spacers?????
Are they any good because i don't want to spend $$$$ for a new axle?????
Does any one have a pic
thanks
400exBro

trx400ex
11-23-2001, 05:07 PM
i would recomend a new axle in the rear,, you see the stock 400ex axle is strong enuff, but when extended 4 inches it severly compromises strength, plus most landings are on the rear wheels especially the ones you didnt plan...plus axles are not real expensive like aarms

AlaskaSpeed
11-23-2001, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by trx400ex
i would recomend a new axle in the rear,, you see the stock 400ex axle is strong enuff, but when extended 4 inches it severly compromises strength, plus most landings are on the rear wheels especially the ones you didnt plan...plus axles are not real expensive like aarms

Like you would know anything about extended axles or tensil strength of the various metals. You should stick to your childish posts that either discuss what you wear to school...yawner...or keep spamming me on anything I post to.....JIM

11-23-2001, 06:16 PM
hey RICO, im interested in the spacers... do you think you could e-mail me about it and well talk? later

senateskater07@aol.com

keep it real:devil

Taco
11-23-2001, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Alaska_400EX

Like you would know anything about extended axles or tensil strength of the various metals. You should stick to your childish posts that either discuss what you wear to school...yawner...or keep spamming me on anything I post to.....JIM

It looks like you came into this thread and spamming him to me? So are you saying that the stock axle isnt less prone to bending/breaking with more leverage being put on it? Please explain.

Clay
11-23-2001, 11:39 PM
My centiments exacly.

Taco
11-23-2001, 11:43 PM
hey crhye250r do you know if maier makes the 88-89 250r hood and gas tank cover in zest orange?

Taco
11-25-2001, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Tacostrk

It looks like you came into this thread and spamming him to me? So are you saying that the stock axle isnt less prone to bending/breaking with more leverage being put on it? Please explain.

Im still curious to Alaskas reply to this.

Blackguywithouta400
11-26-2001, 01:07 PM
Can i get front wheel spacers and keep the stock rear axle? Im just trying to get the front to be as wide as the bike, i do a trial riding mostly and no MX so im trying to be super wide.

11-26-2001, 01:27 PM
You sure could,,I don't know the width of stock rear and front,,I believe there equal ,,,but yeah you can do it..