PDA

View Full Version : what is the cheapest jet kit

honda01400ex
10-10-2009, 06:35 PM
ok so i have never installed a jet kit before.

1) what is the cheapest kit for an 2001 400ex

2) when you get it do you just install and ride and it will be jetted right?

3) my bike sounds and runns good now is it nessesary?

matt14c
10-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Unless your adding mods like an exhaust or kn filter or another aftermarket air filter or going into the motor to do work then no you dont need it. Also jet kits are a huge waste of money. If you do ever get one or multiple of these mods just buy jets from your dealer or jetrus.com individually. Buy a few plus and minus one size from you think you will need. If you look at the top of the main 400ex page you will see a most popular 400ex threads and in there there is all your answers to all jetting quesitons and more!

b.lee
10-11-2009, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by matt14c
just buy jets from your dealer individually.

x2!

But you'll need at least a full aftermarket exhaust before needing jets.... and then you'll most likely only need to buy one or two jets before getting it right (a main jet will be around $3-6 dollars a piece)

In your case, don't mess with it if it's running good already

10-11-2009, 09:27 AM
read all of this!!!
http://www.jetsrus.com/FAQ_jet_kit.htm

TRXRacer1
10-11-2009, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by b.lee
x2!

But you'll need at least a full aftermarket exhaust before needing jets.... and then you'll most likely only need to buy one or two jets before getting it right (a main jet will be around $3-6 dollars a piece)

In your case, don't mess with it if it's running good already A slip-on is more then enough reason to rejet, you don't need a full system. Most stock machines can benefit from some jetting.

I also highly agree that for your machine a jet "kit" is a total waste of money.