PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Ds450 Race Mods

TNT
10-10-2009, 04:02 PM
Need help putting your DS out front, let's hear what mods everyone from XC to MX is running next season. Post your MOD's, lets take a look at them let us know if you got dyno results. If you want your # what series you will run. Who knows maybe you'll find someone that knows somethng you can do to help put the DS out front. Lets hear what you feel are the strong points of the quad too.

TNT: 495 BIG BORE CP HC 14:1 PISTON(not sure, still prototype testing, we're running ethonal, 50 mm TB(BRP), Web Cams, big injector(BRP), full port(JS RACING), FCI/K&N intake(1st prototype), PC-5, stock valves/ rod/crank, race ecu(no limp), CV4 fuel tank boot(1st protoype), no recovery coolant tank no thermostat w/oversize always on fan, Rossier pipe. Right now we are seeing about 52 HP, 35-36 ft-lbs tq @ 10% load w/ new eddycurrent dynojet no BS, plenty of bottom end for a light good handling quad.

Stock suspension w/PEP shocks.

Found out Motoworks/Warnert has a good frame mod kit made of steel we'll run. Takes care of the transverse frontal load dump causing frame/arm bearing issues. Just one front cheap assemble bracket fix. I like the way it sounds, as I always said does not always mean lots of $ to solve a prob.

#101 running AMA A-Class nationals for MX Championship w/big bore "Open" or "Production A" undecided.....Might go to a Motorworks motor/pipe for Production A.

2009 DS450 MX best handling quad ever! Good job BRP!

TNT RACING, TERRY N TREVER RACING! :cool:

blaster99
10-10-2009, 06:05 PM
well, This year I just had my ds basically stock. I had a precision stabilizer, and the motoworks slip on. I built the motor too. It was a 13.5:1 piston, 2 exhaust cams, and a BCS port job, came out to about 52 horse on the dyno. Not bad,especially with such a light bike, you don't need all the power.

LT-R450 131
10-11-2009, 12:30 AM
Hopefully if I get it I'll be running a 2009 ds450xmx with all the suport goodies with a full system motoworks (gotta support who supports us), pc5, fci intake (when avaible), precsion pro stab. With high mount, Fasst flexx handlebars, and some custom graphics. And that would be it for next year. I like smother controlable power more than arm ripping power lol keeps me riding longer.

Ill be running Itp quadcross Production Novice and some Production C WORCS races since I've been out of riding for two years now lol. But hopefully I get back were I was skill wise soon.

kellymi
10-11-2009, 05:43 PM
I am running the B class in the Iowa ATV Hair Scramble Series and I will be running B class again next year. I am planning on running my first ever GNCC at the Ironman.

Well this year I ran mine bone stock and it will probably be that way next year. I am running a 2009 DS450 XXC. The only thing I have done to it is cut the pink wire, Steamline's new 11 way stick stabilizer, and a BCS case saver. This is it. Before the Ironman I will be installing a BCS sprocket and rotor guard. This is probably the combination i will be running next year unless I can dig up the money and buy a slip on exhaust.

Just got back from the last Iowa race today and I finally got this thing figured out for the dead engine starts. Had my best ever with a top 5 start. Before this I was always one of the last ones off the line with the DS.

comander420
10-11-2009, 05:54 PM

comander420
10-11-2009, 05:57 PM
Running MXC and WFO hare scramble series A class with an 08 450X and the stage 1 racer support kit (Motoworks slip-on, Race ECU with pink wire cut, front suspension stiffener, louvered grill, rear frame stiffener, battery tray... Thanks BRP racer support!). The quad would have no problem running out front. I just got all those goodies installed over the weekend and it feels like a completely different quad. Now the rider is another story. I've been out of racing for about 4 years now and just getting in 3 races so far this year with 2 second place finishes and a 3rd.

florentino
10-11-2009, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by comander420
Running MXC and WFO hare scramble series A class with an 08 450X and the stage 1 racer support kit (Motoworks slip-on, Race ECU with pink wire cut, front suspension stiffener, louvered grill, rear frame stiffener, battery tray... Thanks BRP racer support!). The quad would have no problem running out front. I just got all those goodies installed over the weekend and it feels like a completely different quad. Now the rider is another story. I've been out of racing for about 4 years now and just getting in 3 races so far this year with 2 second place finishes and a 3rd.
frame what? do you have pics

Blizzard24
10-12-2009, 04:39 AM
My quad is basically staying the same for 2010 for the AMA National Harescramble series, Vet B. May be switching out a arms if I can get a standard travel front end.

08 450X with-
SUSPENSION
Fox Evol DSC Fronts
Fox Podium DSC Rear
WER Stabilizer w billet mount
Tag Metals +1 Stem

ENGINE
Motoworks SR4 Full system
Motoworks FMI
Lid Off
Pink Wire Cut
BRP Race ECU
Hinson Basket w 09 Clutch Update
09-10 Engine Cases
Mobil 1 Synthetic
Engine Ice

OTHER RACE PARTS
BRP Louvers
BRP Coil Vibration Mounts
BRP Subframe gussett
BRP A Arm Gussetts
BRP Rotor Guard
BRP Battery Tray
Warnert Sprocket Guard
Flexx Bars
Honda Front Master Cylinder w Streamline Breaklines
Powermadd guards w Wraps
Spyder AC3 Grips
Pro Armor Kill Switch
YZ Start Button
DWT Beadlocks
ITP GNCC Tires w Playground balls
DP Brake Pads
ASV Clutch/Brake Levers
Poly Case Saver

I think thats it.

ScottB125
10-12-2009, 12:09 PM
I don't have any plans to race at this point. I've been so busy messing with my race cars, I haven't had time to even ride.

My goal is to hit Village Creek and have some fun.

My quad has Rossier exhaust, Rossier filter, PEP rear shock and Lone Star axle/carrier with some different gearing. I really want to get some a-arms/shocks up front. Just doing the rear shock made a big improvement....fronts gotta help alot.

Blizzard24
10-15-2009, 12:12 PM
Some thing to point out-

I switched over to a Honda master Cylinder and streamline front brake lines, the difference is pretty noticable. A much more solid feel in the brake lever and you can actualy run other levers such as ASV levers.

combined w the Wilwood calipers the front brakes work like they should. You will need to run aftermarket brake lines as the banjo is totally different on the stock Can Am brake lines.

ds450xracer
10-15-2009, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by kellymi
Just got back from the last Iowa race today and I finally got this thing figured out for the dead engine starts. Had my best ever with a top 5 start. Before this I was always one of the last ones off the line with the DS.

What did you do to make it start quicker?

jasonjonesjj
10-15-2009, 03:22 PM
TNT, if you guys are running A class at the nationals next year, watch out for #77. Nick moser is no joke. That kid is fast and has been dominating his classes. Hope to see that can am up front though, along with the #44 can am.

xrxmxcx
10-17-2009, 05:31 PM
TNT ill shoot you an email with a couple of ideas and things we are offering now to help fine tune the DS. we are beginning to make some parts and mods in house ;)

KEVIN132
10-17-2009, 08:26 PM
call BCS PERFORMANCE!!
jay has done alot with these bikes and has figured alot of stuff out and has everything you need to figure stuff out!!

hes also a s;ponsor of this site. tell him you saw it on here and im sure it will help!

rob i cant wait to see you rip the canam next yr!! the $$ u can win next yr is SIK!!!on the can ams!:)

TNT
10-17-2009, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by xrxmxcx
TNT ill shoot you an email with a couple of ideas and things we are offering now to help fine tune the DS. we are beginning to make some parts and mods in house ;)

OK, do that! Thx. I think all the DS's running nats in 2010 should pit by Motoworks and BCS should be there so we can get help. Now that pushes racer support to the next level. :D

Look at it this way you put one guy out there for an 8 hour shift on qualifying day to help get the DS's to the mains and up front, the ROI look at the publicity.

If nothing else we all got parts and tools and can team up.

See ya all at RD 1, I'm thinking Pell City again. :confused: :D

BCS Performance
10-18-2009, 04:25 PM
We are planning our race season for 2010 right now and BCS will be in attendance at a few nationals this year.

KEVIN132
10-19-2009, 03:49 PM
we were just at the shop. its very big and has all the stuff a top builder should!! even a can=am i was looking at:eek2: