PDA

View Full Version : building gncc/hairscramble 300ex

shiley55
10-10-2009, 12:51 PM
alright im in the process of buildign a 300ex for my wife to race off-road first im woundering about motor mods. ive seen alot of bikes on here with alot of combinations of parts im thinking about going with the powroll 350 stroker kit but getting a 12-1 piston and there cam and carb since its all made to be run together i plan to run race gas now im woundering if this is the right kit for me to get or if there is something else i should look at first also im wounderign what exhaust i should get .next is suspension should i get 400ex shocks and arms or just get good shocks and leave the stock arms on. next is wheels and tires im pretty much set on razr2s cause ive never had any problems with these tires but should i get beadlocks or not get beadlocks. im also lookign for a shop to do the work i live in the eastern panhandle of west virginia . plus what should i do with the head and valves

wright711
10-11-2009, 11:24 AM
if your building it for harescrhable it not a good idea for such a big bore kit cause it will not last 2 hr your best bet is to send it to gthunder get it port and polished and get a 400ex carb. suspiten us jb racing 400ex a arms with a reloctar braket and us 450r shock lot better ride.razor 2 are to havey so razor are prefet and us beed lock hipers.