PDA

View Full Version : XBOX 360 or PS3

10-10-2009, 04:33 AM
Hi Guys,
I love to play games and watch movies. I want Picture Quality, Performance, Best Price. I am very confused between these two. Can anyone tell which is better for me and why?

TCracin440ex
10-10-2009, 05:42 AM
hands down PS3. and the internet on the ps3 is free. you dont have to pay for the service

extremeblastr
10-10-2009, 07:04 AM
:rolleyes: the ps3 guys are going to tell you over and over again that their system is better because the ps network is free. the online play on the 360 is and always will be 100x better then ps network, not to mention the overall skill level is better also. there are more big name titles on the xbox also. anyone who has owned both will tell you they would rather have the xbox over the ps3 for gaming. the ps3 has the blue ray dvd player though so if your willing to pay for blue ray movies that may be the way to go unless you get the hdmi cable for the xbox (if you have an hdmi jack on your tv) in which case the xbox will play regular dvds with blue ray quality definition on an hd tv. i've had both and i'd rather 360 any day of the week.

IRISH-RACER-14
10-10-2009, 07:13 AM
my xbox came with 3 years warenty and a better package and was cheaper.

my ps3 was 2 years old and it broke and only came with 6 months waranty. xbox is 10000th times better. yes u can go on the net with the ps3 but its very slow

Sjorge450R
10-10-2009, 08:12 AM
The organization of the ps3 online is terrible. Xbox blows it away. It is super organize and yea you have to pay for it, but its like $4 i month once you break it down.

If you are a multiplayer gamer (online) get the xbox.

TCracin440ex
10-10-2009, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
:rolleyes: the ps3 guys are going to tell you over and over again that their system is better because the ps network is free. the online play on the 360 is and always will be 100x better then ps network, not to mention the overall skill level is better also. there are more big name titles on the xbox also. anyone who has owned both will tell you they would rather have the xbox over the ps3 for gaming. the ps3 has the blue ray dvd player though so if your willing to pay for blue ray movies that may be the way to go unless you get the hdmi cable for the xbox (if you have an hdmi jack on your tv) in which case the xbox will play regular dvds with blue ray quality definition on an hd tv. i've had both and i'd rather 360 any day of the week.

i will say the ps network does suck and ps is actually trying to make it so you have to pay for it.. but i will say that i get disconnected from online all the time on the ps network. it sucks *** too because it only happens when im balls deep in a game. and most of the time the only way to get it to reconnect is to restart the ps. then you gotta load the game back up and etc

matt14c
10-10-2009, 08:21 AM
I have both. Both awesome systems and have there advantages. Blue ray and free internet for ps3. Better games, better internet, and cheaper to get started for 360. I have had my 360 since the first year it came out I had reserved it at gamestop and mine came in on the third batch. I got the red ring of death about two years ago and Microsoft fixed it no questions asked other than that zero problems. The PS3 I have had for two years or little less than and im on my second system. The fan went out on it about 4 months in. Luckily I bought it at best buy and had the service replacement program. It was replaced no questions asked. The only real game I play on the ps3 is MLB The Show. Everything else I buy for the 360 madden, nhl, any first person shooters and strategy games. The blue ray has been used 100 times more than the gaming system on the ps3. I have gamefly and my ole lady has netflix. So she uses the ps3 for movies and I use the xbox for gaming. If both of them were stolen or broke today and I could only replace one. The 360 would be replaced first with no second thoughts about it.

Wired
10-10-2009, 10:30 AM
xbox hands down, dont waste your money with ps3 you'll regret it

XCRacer236
10-10-2009, 11:36 AM
There is good and bad to both. Personal preference!

10-10-2009, 11:53 AM
ps3...but online play means nothing to me...mine was bought for the blue ray player...which is still better quality on my 1080p tv than the dvd upcionvert

i hate the xbox...i have played my brothers with him endless times...the controllers are big and awkward and most of the games are 1st person shooters, which i do not play...

my brother is on his 3rd 360...i'm still on my first gen ps3 with lots of internet surfing, free down loadable demos, and many hours of movie watching

RIDEREDson
10-10-2009, 12:12 PM
I been looking into getting a 360. Walmart has some package deals I have been looking into. I might try to find a good deal on ebay.

mxpimp2000
10-10-2009, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by RIDEREDson
I been looking into getting a 360. Walmart has some package deals I have been looking into. I might try to find a good deal on ebay.

ur gay tho so it dont matter what u say lmao :D

RIDEREDson
10-10-2009, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by mxpimp2000
ur gay tho so it dont matter what u say lmao :D

Thats how PJ got fast, and smokin cigs

1fastR
10-10-2009, 03:38 PM
xbox all the way, online game play is way better,

have friends that bought ps3-they wish they would have got the xbox360

hondaking52
10-10-2009, 06:36 PM
i've had both, i like the p3 better, had multiple 360's go, my buds on his second, bro's just took a chit....p3 has blu-ray, and there like $200 and up so you do the math on that one. games are the same to me, woo hoo xbox has halo, i think killzone is a much deeper game and the graphics are 10x better, i know this is gona get replied with blah blah xbox has better online, i dont really care for that so i dont care which has better online, look into wat games you like and see what system carries more of them.

mxpimp2000
10-10-2009, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by hondaking52
i've had both, i like the p3 better, had multiple 360's go, my buds on his second, bro's just took a chit....p3 has blu-ray, and there like $200 and up so you do the math on that one. games are the same to me, woo hoo xbox has halo, i think killzone is a much deeper game and the graphics are 10x better, i know this is gona get replied with blah blah xbox has better online, i dont really care for that so i dont care which has better online, look into wat games you like and see what system carries more of them.

agreed, get wat suits u best not wat everyone elsa wants or has. dont get a 360 if u hate halo and dont playonline for an example..dont buy it for just 1 game cause they'll make it for the others just like always

extremeblastr
10-11-2009, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by hondaking52

there are a lot of things that tie into the xbox online being better so don't think we're just playing it up. the player skills are better on the xbox which makes ANY game better to play on there unless you suck horribly. you want a game that lasts forever and has decent graphics check out oblivion. hell i'm not gonna lie when i bought my second xbox (first one got stepped on at a party) it came with kung fu panda and i even enjoyed that on there lol.

BlaineKaiser450
10-11-2009, 10:43 AM
Either way, youll be happy. Just get what most of your friends have so you can play with them

RIDEREDson
10-11-2009, 11:55 AM
I went out and purchased a hella deal on a elite bundle with COD 4. Game is pretty addicting for sure.

Guy400
10-11-2009, 04:31 PM
I have both. The only place that the PS3 has an advantage is the Bluray player. Everyone else I'll take the Xbox every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Quadlover94
10-11-2009, 06:09 PM
I'd have to say the 360....i have both and yeah its nice to have free online play and the bluray feature but other then that its pretty boring. the 360 has better features and is more fun because theres just more to do...and its also alot easier to talk to friends and stuff like that. the 360's hardware is crap...it scratches discs and gets red rings and stuff, but other then that its alot of fun, so definetly get a 360 over ps3.

10-11-2009, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
the xbox will play regular dvds with blue ray quality definition on an hd tv. i've had both and i'd rather 360 any day of the week.

You my friend need your eyes checked. I own both and are both on the same TV with HDMI (LG 52" Plasma) and Blue-Ray is FAR better than regular DVD's on any system. If you can't tell the difference you are blind.

But on topic, it depends on what you want. If you're looking for online play get the 360, it's far better for online play. If you're looking for just casual play and an all around media center go with the PS3. They all have there exclusive titles, none are better than another it's all on personal preference. One is not better than the other IMO, both have there Pro's and Con's.

10-11-2009, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
I have both. The only place that the PS3 has an advantage is the Bluray player. Everyone else I'll take the Xbox every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

I'm gonna have to contradict this post as well. PS3 simulation games are much better than the 360 IMO. Graphics, play, everything. Take for instance Forza vs. Gran Turismo. Gran Turismo is 10x more realistic, better graphics, everything about it is better. That rediculous rewind crap on Forza... Come on? Get a need for speed if you don't want a real game. If anyone can say Forza has better graphics please get your eyes checked or just lay off the drugs while you're playing the two of them...

honda400ex2003
10-11-2009, 11:14 PM
i like the ps3 myself since i know the controls and stuff from having one for a long time. i dont have much time behind a 360 but from what i have seen the grips on the controller are too big. I am not too sur of the reliability of the 360s either. I have heard that there is over a 60% return rate on them. I heard this from a walmart tech rep. i guess i would not buy one anyway. just my .02 though. Pure is on PS3 so that is all i need to stay happy. Steve

jcv400ex
10-12-2009, 06:34 AM
I've grown up with playstation controllers in my hands. I'm about to decide between a PS3 and a XBOX360. Honestly the only games I play are sport related. Madden, NCAA, ect. Should I just go with the Playstation since i'm use to the controller? I'm not gonna be online that much either.

Guy400
10-12-2009, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
I've grown up with playstation controllers in my hands. I'm about to decide between a PS3 and a XBOX360. Honestly the only games I play are sport related. Madden, NCAA, ect. Should I just go with the Playstation since i'm use to the controller? I'm not gonna be online that much either. If you're going to play these online at all than get the 360. The "free" PS network is not that good. Connection is unreliable and you'll get booted inexplicably.

Guy400
10-12-2009, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Nova
I'm gonna have to contradict this post as well. PS3 simulation games are much better than the 360 IMO. Graphics, play, everything. Take for instance Forza vs. Gran Turismo. Gran Turismo is 10x more realistic, better graphics, everything about it is better. That rediculous rewind crap on Forza... Come on? Get a need for speed if you don't want a real game. If anyone can say Forza has better graphics please get your eyes checked or just lay off the drugs while you're playing the two of them... Yes but you're comparing two titles that are different. Different titles on the same system have stark differences. I'm not saying that the PS3 is junk. Killzone 2 had great graphics and gameplay was pretty smooth. However, getting dropped from the network and having to sign back in was a PITA. Also, playing CoD:WaW on both systems. I'll play on the 360. No discernible difference in graphics or framerate but the steady Xbox Live interface puts it on top.

Plus, there's a reason why some "exclusive" PS3 titles are now starting to migrate to Xbox (Final Fantasy and rumored next Metal Gear) as well.

10-12-2009, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Guy400
Yes but you're comparing two titles that are different. Different titles on the same system have stark differences. I'm not saying that the PS3 is junk. Killzone 2 had great graphics and gameplay was pretty smooth. However, getting dropped from the network and having to sign back in was a PITA. Also, playing CoD:WaW on both systems. I'll play on the 360. No discernible difference in graphics or framerate but the steady Xbox Live interface puts it on top.

Plus, there's a reason why some "exclusive" PS3 titles are now starting to migrate to Xbox (Final Fantasy and rumored next Metal Gear) as well.

Internet play is definitely better on Xbox, no doubt about it. I played Modern Warfare on PS3 before I got my 360 and it was alright but I like the 360 better for internet play. It all comes down to personal preference. I'd rather play simulation and some RPG's on the PS3 and Live on 360.

reptikes
10-12-2009, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
hands down PS3. and the internet on the ps3 is free. you dont have to pay for the service

x2

400ex28
10-12-2009, 07:01 PM
i've played both alot, the 360 is better all around plus all i play is online pretty much.

extremeblastr
10-13-2009, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Nova
You my friend need your eyes checked. I own both and are both on the same TV with HDMI (LG 52" Plasma) and Blue-Ray is FAR better than regular DVD's on any system. If you can't tell the difference you are blind.

But on topic, it depends on what you want. If you're looking for online play get the 360, it's far better for online play. If you're looking for just casual play and an all around media center go with the PS3. They all have there exclusive titles, none are better than another it's all on personal preference. One is not better than the other IMO, both have there Pro's and Con's.

32" and under are where you can really tell which one works better, the picture is consistantly better on the smaller plasmas so the machine has to really make a difference for it to be seen on a good quality smaller tv. i have had both hooked up to multiple plasmas in this size range (whats a race weekend without some untamed) and while the ps3 enjoys a slight advantage the xbox is more then capable.