PDA

View Full Version : stator coil

cutter
10-09-2009, 06:42 PM
having a bugger of a time with starting probs (check getting it started thread)can anyone tell me or help me understand how the stator works , high speed and low speed coil how it works. and how can i test the speed the the starter throws it over(motor that is) not sure its turning it over quick enough.Getting closer to becoming a boat ancor.

mi450wontrun
10-10-2009, 01:20 PM
I have the same problem has good spark good compression valves are gapped perfect the thing I'm going to try is replacing my ICM with a aftermarket one it has an improved timing curve and higher rev limit I really dont think that this will cure it but it is a performance upgrade. so it's not a total waste of it cures it I will let you know

cutter
10-11-2009, 12:24 AM
Cheers, was thinking of putting a new cdi , would help if i had someone close with the same bike to swap things around to take out the guess work.

Ruf Racing
10-11-2009, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by cutter
having a bugger of a time with starting probs (check getting it started thread)can anyone tell me or help me understand how the stator works , high speed and low speed coil how it works. and how can i test the speed the the starter throws it over(motor that is) not sure its turning it over quick enough.Getting closer to becoming a boat ancor.

Are you getting a spark at the plug?

wckedclownz69
10-11-2009, 02:34 PM
my strap on kill switch went bad and was grounding out..making it not have any spark...ide check for any cut wires.. or dirty connections...

mi450wontrun
10-12-2009, 05:23 AM
I have the same issues -It has good spark getting fuel good valve gap timing marks line up perfect it seems that it could be one of three items and i cant test them ICM-IPG or stator. IPG and stator can be checked with a peak voltage meter which I cant buy or find anywhere the ICM cant be checked at all and cant find any good info about any of these items on how they relate to each other

wckedclownz69
10-12-2009, 08:23 AM
lol you can get a peak volatage tester anywhere... i have one ..got it at auto zone

mi450wontrun
10-13-2009, 05:52 AM
There no peek voltage testers around here belive me I looked everywhere, I dont have credit card to get one ofline I do have an oslilascope but no creditalble info on outputs and info on any of the questionable parts. Im sure in your trailer park your one of the top ten mechanics but I need someone with a tech background so thanks any way clown but I dont need rediculious remarks but real info

wckedclownz69
10-13-2009, 05:19 PM
lol maybe you shouldn't ask people for info then??? just saying i can walk to the store and pick one up right now...maybe if you talked nicer to people you would get your answer bud... lol trailer?? good one ... that deserves an A+ for a 13 yr old :)

Ruf Racing
10-14-2009, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by wckedclownz69
lol maybe you shouldn't ask people for info then??? just saying i can walk to the store and pick one up right now...maybe if you talked nicer to people you would get your answer bud... lol trailer?? good one ... that deserves an A+ for a 13 yr old :)

Not to mention, he hijacked cutter's thread! :(

cutter
10-17-2009, 04:35 AM
hey blokes steady up only want info not biffo , take it out on ya bikes .lol

Ex'r Marlin
10-24-2009, 02:40 AM
If it means anything, I noticed positive difference when I purchased a new battery for my TRX450ER.

Something to consider????

Good luck.

cutter
10-31-2009, 07:52 AM
just letting everyone know it was a failed stator , all happy again until next time.

Ruf Racing
10-31-2009, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by cutter
just letting everyone know it was a failed stator , all happy again until next time.

Good job Mate, glad your riding again!:D