PDA

View Full Version : pamx at high point

dazed&confused
10-09-2009, 09:53 AM
we were thinking about going to this race ,little bit of a drive so i was wondering who else is going?

i heard that pamx has been getting good #s and my son really wants to ride at high point,but i don"t want to take a six hour trip and run against 5-6 kids,we can do that locally.

plus, is this race like a national format? or is it practice and race same day? or practice sat. race sun.?

thanks Dazed

mxdad423
10-09-2009, 04:24 PM
The 90 class normally has 7 to 8 riders, the turnouts haven't been that great except for when we race at Sleep Hollow and Doublin gap because you also get all the D6 quads also.
They practice and race on Sunday, sometimes they have practice on Saturdays, but to my knowledge there is no Saturday practice scheduled for the High Point race.
We would of been at High point but since Brandon crashed at the last race at Doublin Gap and pretty much totaled the front end we are done for the year, the frame is junk, 1 wheel is junk, 1 tire is junk, 1 spindle is junk and not sure about the a-arms yet, not to mention he still has alot of bruises on him still. Just to much damage to try to get fixed by then, so we are finished till next year. Bad break considering he was leading the series going into the Doublin Gap race.
Even with the low turnouts it would still probably be worth making the trip, High Point is a great track, at least I know it's one of Brandon's favorites.
If you decide to make the trip let me know, I think we still might go just to watch, the track is only 20 min's from my house and it is the last race of the year.

Kevin Smitley

Logan #34's Dad
10-11-2009, 03:08 AM
Hey B, I'm considering taking Logan over. I know some of our local CRA riders were talking about going too.
It will be a last minute decision for me though. Fair weather rider at this point AND it is real close to wrestling season........
Anyone know if a PAMX membership HAS to be purchased?

zach R 7x
10-12-2009, 03:47 AM
hey Rocky ,we are still thinking of going . the weather will be a deciding factor here also.let me or K.T know if you guys decide to go . if we go we are going to go sat. nite and stay in motel . later Tim

dazed&confused
10-12-2009, 11:13 AM
Kevin ,sorry to hear about Brandon ,hope he is ok.

looks like we will be making the trip if the weather holds up,my son has been looking forward to this for a while now ,so it will be hard to tell him no .

do we have to pay a santioning fee to run this race ? or will our ama card do?

Rocky,
hope you can go it would be nice to bs with you again lol!our kids seem to have a good time hanging out together at lorettas.

etondaddy
10-12-2009, 12:00 PM
You don't need a PAMX card to race. It just cost a little more. Make sure you tell them to let the mini's run the whole track....last time we were there they cut them....but it was a bike and quad race.....this one's quad only.

Mike Kozura

mxdad423
10-12-2009, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by dazed&confused
Kevin ,sorry to hear about Brandon ,hope he is ok.

looks like we will be making the trip if the weather holds up,my son has been looking forward to this for a while now ,so it will be hard to tell him no .

do we have to pay a santioning fee to run this race ? or will our ama card do?

Rocky,
hope you can go it would be nice to bs with you again lol!our kids seem to have a good time hanging out together at lorettas.

Yea he is ok, the bruises finally went away and he can move his arm all the way above his head now, so he's good to go, he's ready to get back out on the track but unfortunatley the quad isn't healed up yet, LOL.
We will probably be there if the weather is decent, like I said it's only 20 min from my house so we will probably go to watch, I will try to look you up if we make it. We are going to the penguin game on Friday so depends on how much money we spend at the arena to, LOL.
Like Mike (etondaddy) said you don't need the PAMX card but it will cost a little more without the PAMX card, I think it's only 5.00 more but not positive.

Kevin Smitley

Logan #34's Dad
10-13-2009, 02:40 AM
Don't think we are gonna make it. Logan's pee-wee football team made it to the Super Bowl. Priorities! Dang-it!
Did I mention that Logan scored the winning touchdown (58 yard run) to get the team there! 8 carries for 118 yards! Sorry - had to brag a little.
Have fun boys and dress warm.

zach R 7x
10-13-2009, 03:53 AM
Rocky, tell Logan we said "good job& good luck" .

Zachs team will miss out on the championship game this year ,lost last night 18 -8 . last year for pee-wee football ,can't wait for 7th grade football!

it looks like we are going ,if it doesn't rain three days in a row .Shawns been trying some new stuff on our quad that we need to test ,so we are looking forward to going ,hope there are desent #'s.