PDA

View Full Version : mojave clutch question

epflynn
10-08-2009, 09:21 PM
i have an 88 mojave 250 i just bought it had some issues that i fixed with the kickstarter, motor runs great reverse cable and bracket are off getting ready to fix that. question i have is when i engage the cluch the bike will not move freely when in gear i have had dirt bikes and i have a superbike and they have always moved with clutch engaged. i took cover off to inspect clutch, plates are on correct i adjusted the cable some, does anyone have info on why this would occur and what could be the problem and a possible fix any help would be great trying to teach my wife how to ride and take 4year old son for some rides, so hopefully i can make riding a family event, thanks in advance Eric

mattonln
10-14-2009, 08:56 PM
take your plates out of the clutch basket and inspect the slots for notching, this can cause the plates to hang and the clutch will not fully disengage. seeing as how old the bike is, this would be my guess. let me know what you find out

epflynn
10-15-2009, 07:53 AM
thanks but i already fixed it, it was the cable adjustment, thanks for the help though greatly appreciated