PDA

View Full Version : Was anyone here at the Badlands TQRA winter race?

MxDale71
01-14-2003, 12:16 PM
I just wanna know if anyone has any pics of the race?

Razorback
01-14-2003, 07:37 PM
I didn't get to go. I was still recovering from being sick and I had to work anyway, so I was screwed either way. The weather was nasty though. Wouldn't have wanted to been out there, but I read where the turnout was pretty good - 76 racers - considering it frickin' snowed during the race.

I'm guessing you didn't go? Did Daniel or David go?

MxDale71
01-15-2003, 09:24 PM
David and Daniel didn't go. I got 3rd in the first moto and 4th in the second, for 4th overall. It was pretty cold but I still had a great time. I'm 3rd overall in the series, and just one point behind second place, so I'm gonna make sure I ride every race of this series. It's a short series, so maybe I'll actually be able to finish one for once :D.

Razorback
01-16-2003, 06:15 AM
Very nice! Great job, man. So, I guess you're going to make the Nocona race then? :D I can't wait. I'm wanting to ride real bad. It's driving me crazy.

HillBillY
01-16-2003, 08:16 AM
Hey yall, Scott me and pieter are talking about going to nacona but we are going up there saturday and are going to find a hotel room and stay the night where not going to sleep in the tralior again that night at villiage was pretty bad. So maybe we could get together and ride or drive up there together well talk to yall later.

MxDale71
01-16-2003, 11:31 AM
I'm going to Nocona. I have to get my valves adjusted and get my engine rail replaced before I go though. There's some kind of recall or something on the engine rail and I might just be able to get the part sent to me through another dealer, but if I can't I'm gonna have to drive to Ennis and let Action Power Sports do it for me. I REALLLLY hope I can get the part sent to me... I would hate to have to make 2 trips to Ennis to let some rednecks that I don't even know work on my quad. It's almost a 2 hour drive over there :grr. Such a waist of gas.

QuadR8cer12
01-16-2003, 07:21 PM
I wish I coulda been there!! I have to save my money though. I am building a YZF 450 in a R frame:D :D :D I cant wait to get it running and start giving Hunter and cody a run for there money:rolleyes: someday:o I will be alot faster though after I get used to it! I will hopefully make it to the next race but who knows, I will probally just come and watch. Later!

Austin Wilson #12

MxDale71
01-16-2003, 07:52 PM
What happened to the Cr250/400ex conversion?

Buzzsaw
01-16-2003, 09:19 PM
I thought your dad had been talking to Krotky about a 416 or a 440 kit

Razorback
01-17-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by HillBillY
Hey yall, Scott me and pieter are talking about going to nacona but we are going up there saturday and are going to find a hotel room and stay the night where not going to sleep in the tralior again that night at villiage was pretty bad. So maybe we could get together and ride or drive up there together well talk to yall later.

Cool. Where (what town) are y'all going to stay at? You definitely don't want to sleep in the trailer again when it's that frickin cold :D

I've got to travel for work that week, so hopefully nothing will get screwed up and keep me coming to the race. Let me know when you guys figure out what you're going to do.

Razorback
01-17-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Buzzsaw
I thought your dad had been talking to Krotky about a 416 or a 440 kit

buzzy - you riding this weekend? i've got guests over that are going to be leaving sunday morning, so i was thinking about going up to nocona or over to greenville after they leave (depending on the weather of course). nothing is set in stone though.

MxDale71
01-17-2003, 11:19 AM
I thought we would try to find something in or around Nocona. It'll prolly be about 3+ hours for us to get there, so we definitely need to stay somewhere. ANYWHERE that has a heater! That trailor was so FRIGGIN COOOOOOOOLD... I don't think I've ever been that cold before! Do you know of any places close to the track?

Buzzsaw
01-17-2003, 05:53 PM
the r's still set up for TT so no riding for me but I'll come out to G-ville MX if you go and I'll call Hunter and Cody and see if They will go to and maybe Cory.

Buzzsaw
01-17-2003, 06:25 PM
Called Hunter an everyone is going to Nocona Sunday. About 20 of them.

QuadR8cer12
01-17-2003, 08:14 PM
we found some cracks in the frame and then we were going to do the 400ex/CR250 from service honda but they have a 30 page waitng list:eek: and they arent even sarting to build them until about 3or 4 months from now. and I really Really want that YZF 450 motor

zerorider
01-17-2003, 08:15 PM
What time is everyone going to be at Nocona Sunday? We were thinking about going somewhere to practice too.

Razorback
01-18-2003, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by MxDale71
I thought we would try to find something in or around Nocona. It'll prolly be about 3+ hours for us to get there, so we definitely need to stay somewhere. ANYWHERE that has a heater! That trailor was so FRIGGIN COOOOOOOOLD... I don't think I've ever been that cold before! Do you know of any places close to the track?

i don't know. gainesville maybe the best place to find a hotel. i don't know if nocona or muenster has any hotels. the track is only about 30 minutes from nocona.

Razorback
01-18-2003, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Buzzsaw
Called Hunter an everyone is going to Nocona Sunday. About 20 of them.

dammit! i just got a call from work this morning, and unless something changes, i've got to fly to finland tomorrow, so i'm not going to be able to ride. this really sucks. that would be awesome with everyone out there tomorrow. hopefully something will change, but it's not likely.

buzzy - btw - how's that new quad? :D