PDA

View Full Version : trx250r just quit???????

jimbo1073
10-08-2009, 06:23 PM
well im getting really confused. while i was riding 2 weeks ago my r just quit.
1.changed the plug 2.cleaned the carb3.checked the reeds
4.checked the compression(205psi)5.changed the stator
6.changed the coil 7.changed the cdi 8.removed head with no apparent damage to piston
fire at plug but will not start even if i put fuel into plug hole. no cracks in the cylinder.
have had problems with the head gasket leaking antifreeze on the outside of head.noticed pressure in the radiator when removing the cap........??????????????????
please help thanks

audioworks04
10-09-2009, 07:36 PM
sounds like you have a bad head or base gasket, I would replace those and then try again. Also did you check any of the electronics that you put on. Seems to me that your timing could be off or your coil,cdi or stator could be bad causing a weak spark. With your compression as high as it is you should probably be running race gas,(hopefully your running atleast 91) which could be another problem. If it was running before it quit then you can rule out timing unless your woodruff key slippped. I would get your meter out and check all your electronics to make sure they are in spec.
What did your plug look like when you pulled it? It should be a nice brown paper bag color. If not then you are either rich or lean.
What oil ratio are you running you could be so rich that it is just fouling the plug before it even has a chance to start.

Jason Hall
10-09-2009, 08:00 PM
How about the crank seals??? If your not holding pressure In the bottom end It won't run!!!

Iliketogofast
10-12-2009, 07:25 PM
Check your woodruff key, unless it is fully intact and undamaged it will not run.

Had this problem with my old R, took me forever to figure it out.

Edit: Does it leak antifreeze now when you kick it over?