PDA

View Full Version : Airbox separated from Carb?

JTrider
10-08-2009, 03:37 PM
I took my seat off to clean the filter and noticed the airbox/boot was separated from my carb intake. I went riding the other day and I'm assuming this is when it came off. My quad starts and seems to run ok. I cleaned the box, boot, and intake of the carb. Should I remove the whole carb to take apart and clean?

Thanks,
JT

dariusld
10-08-2009, 05:10 PM
Tlhats the least you should do. Your piston is probably shot and crank is probably iffy. It all matters how long the boot was off.

mooseracerX
10-08-2009, 05:16 PM
You might want to change oil depending on how long it was off. Mine did that many times but we caught it because it was sucking too much air and wouldn't run quite right. What you could do to prevent this is get something and you can zip tie under the air tube to keep the boot from falling down.

Whit11b
10-09-2009, 12:17 AM
I'd pull the carb loose and see how much dirt got into it. If there isn't much dirt/dust in the carb then it probably wasn't like that to long and you'll be fine. Roll the motor to TDC(compression) and blow out the intake to get anything that might be in there out. But change the oil regardless just to be safe.

mcgrath
10-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Whit11b
I'd pull the carb loose and see how much dirt got into it. If there isn't much dirt/dust in the carb then it probably wasn't like that to long and you'll be fine. Roll the motor to TDC(compression) and blow out the intake to get anything that might be in there out. But change the oil regardless just to be safe.

X2