PDA

View Full Version : You wont beleive this!!

marsrace2
10-08-2009, 09:38 AM
I couldnt beleive this, I did an order with West Coast Quads recently on some items that I had to get from them since they were Apex only pieces. I also needed a new carb so I bought it from them at the same time. I was assured that it was an actual Keihin carb and specified I only wanted it if it was a real Keihin. Well sure enough when I got my package it was a knockoff not an actual Keihin. Now this is where it gets interesting. After receiving my return Greg the owner of Apex called me personally berating me for returning the carb, he was rude, beligerant and swore at me. He told me that I didnt know s**t and wanted to argue with me about the carb. It was the worst and most ridiculous experience I have ever had with a company in my life. I have bought 3 Apex quads in the last 2 years and spent several thousand dollars in parts with this company but never again. If you want good products and good service GO SOMEWHERE ELSE, that is what I will be doing from now on.

hwf-racing
10-08-2009, 07:41 PM
Wow, thats sad!!! customer service is the backbone of a company. I just purchased an 09' Apex 100 MXR last week and hope that Apex customer service never treats me in that way!!!

redonkulousruntsracing
10-09-2009, 05:32 AM
Marsrace2: Oh yea, I've been there with Greg also, it's really too bad, they make some great quads, but as you found out, their customer service is a nightmare. If you can talk to Teri, Greg's wife, she is a lot better to deal with, and sometimes I believe that she actually cares about your problems. When I bought my '09 50, it had a dyno motor on it and leaked antifreeze out of the head when I got it, and when Greg got the motor back, he accused me of pulling the cylider off and taking a Dremel tool to it and siliconing the cylinder on the case !! S**t like that is totally unnessasary, they could be the best mini-quad company out there if they could realize that it's not all about getting $$$$ from you, and helping you instead. In the end it did get fixed, but it took months and lots of B.S. phone calls. I cant tell you how many times I have played Apex salesman at the track when people come over to our pitstall to see my son and his quad, I always say, awesome machine, terrible company. That's why if I need something from Apex, I get it through Hetrick's and let Chris or Michelle deal with Greg and company and not me.

r1rider98
10-11-2009, 04:59 PM
I to have had problems with them and will never buy from them again. Sorry to hear they have not changed.

marsrace2
06-09-2010, 04:48 PM
flashback

Arctic Cat Dad
06-09-2010, 07:06 PM
Boy they will never change. I will never forget that he said that my boy was to hard on ****. I told him he takes care of his quad. But he will keep it pinned from flag to flag! He told me I need to teach him to slow down. I tought the whole point of racing was to see who was the fastest! We have had some good conversaitions and he really liked it when I told him his quads were a piece of ****. Since 2003 Michael had never had a dnf. In 2009 with the Brand new Apex he had 8 dnf's out of 9 races. Then he said he will never ride that piece of crap again. Apex is the reason we quit mini quad racing and bought a 300 and went to the Adult class. Best thing that ever happened!!:D Heck it took me a full year just to get the title!

EJ Racing 07
06-14-2010, 06:14 PM
Yeah I hear ya, I ordered a steering stabilizer from there a year ago and they didn't have a new one so they said "we have a used one that was used a couple times, like new condition" Ha thing was junk! Haven't spent a dime there since!

hawaiianbasshed
06-15-2010, 10:53 PM
WHOA, I'm kinda debating getting my kid a different bike (I don't really like the whole motor/swingarm on the zuki now that he's jumping and broke it last ride lol) so Apex, Cobra and DRR were at the top of my list followed by Kasea. and now I'm Xing Apex off this list and moving on do Cobra, DRR and Kasea... something that will be his last bike til he's ready for a clutch bike so I'm stoked lol. glad I'm a member of forums so I can see who's who before making another buy and figuring it out on the fly lol

marsrace2
06-16-2010, 10:05 AM
The Apex is a great Quad, just buy from a local dealer that can give you support because you wont get any from Apex.

FISH ON!
06-16-2010, 06:38 PM
Don't give up to fast on the APEX. Much of your decision should depend on what you plan to do with it. I've owned both the DRR and the APEX and would definitely recommend APEX. Do the research and see what you get for the money on the APEX. If you are going to strip it and go aftermarket on everything, then break out your piggy bank and go for it. Otherwise, if you want an out of the box mini quad that can be competitive with very little work it's APEX hands down. Feel free to call me. I'll give you a straight up answer. Just PM for my phone number. Good Luck.

greenmachine70
06-16-2010, 06:49 PM
If I were buying right now, it would be an APex, you get more for the money than the DRR. Just need good support. Lucky for us here in Florida, we have G-Force

hawaiianbasshed
06-16-2010, 07:43 PM
I don't think there are any dealers for Apex in HI. imo if you wanna build ANY bike you need to bust open the piggy bank.. all have aftermarket long travel and none of them are cheap imo. best way to get that is buy a race built bike that someone is getting out of that was well maintained, and take awesome care of it. then it's just about up keep... other than that, everything costs money to build. the best bet for building a bike cheaply, would imo be buying the most common bike the parts are only cheaper if significantly more people are modding said bike. I would think honda's 400ex and trx450 or yama yfz450 would be cheaper to build for large bikes but I never really checked. I know LtRs aren't the cheapest but I got it as I got a good deal on it, same as our other bikes. none were stock either so I already had some money on them when I got them. I just add to the mod lists lol

FISH ON!
06-28-2010, 10:11 AM
This past weekend at GNCC's Snowshoe race is a good comparison of the DRR versus Apex. The top finishing DRR in the overall was 28th! It was a Pitster and Apex show in the top 25. The number of Pitsters is increasing and the number of them holding together for the whole race is getting better too............ I was surprised how well they ran.

How many race tracks have a view like this at the starting line?

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/striperfishn/IMG_4648.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/striperfishn/2010%20Racing/IMG_4646.jpg

edwardsp&b
06-29-2010, 12:43 PM
Nice pics Todd! Wish we could race in weather like that!
bryan

Arctic Cat Dad
07-02-2010, 07:52 PM
I was there and watched the Pitsters they ran great. If we were riding a mini it would have to be the Pitsters. Great quad.

T@AFP
07-05-2010, 03:37 PM
I heard this Apex is supposed to be really fast too.
Looks like a good battle with some Pitsters and that Apex.

T@AFP
07-05-2010, 03:40 PM
Another

bulldogfallon
07-06-2010, 07:36 AM
You should all be buying from a dealer, not direct from Apex, so this may be part of the problem.

The dealer network should be supported first and foremost in my opinion.

We stock units, parts and provide same day shipping and support for the Apex product line.

Some of our past experiences we not 100% great, but I have seen a real change in Apex's service and support towards us, so I can only speak on our experiences.

When we place an order it ships the same day...when we needs units we get them....

I would say if you don't like the service of your supplier give a dealer a shot to make things right.

Hetrick is also an Apex dealer, so you have at least 2 options with paid advertisers on this forum board alone.

The manufacturer needs to deal with dealers and dealers should service the riders....I think that the break in this chain is what causes a lot of the issues.

Just mt 2 cents, but I do agree that in 99.9% of the cases the customer shouldn't be cursed at (there is the .01% where it might be appropriate) :)

thequadfather+2
07-11-2010, 09:30 AM
""This past weekend at GNCC's Snowshoe race is a good comparison of the DRR versus Apex. The top finishing DRR in the overall was 28th! It was a Pitster and Apex show in the top 25. The number of Pitsters is increasing and the number of them holding together for the whole race is getting better too............ I was surprised how well they ran""

yes but, DRR's took the top three spots in the 70 class and took 4 of the top 5 spots....:D Not to mention 8 of the top 10 spots....

I think it was a Apex and Pitster show at registration as well. Only 2 DRR's in the girls class, 1 DRR out of 12 quads in the 90 mod class (12-15) and only 3 DRR's out of 18 quads in the 90 mod (8-11) class. Again, only 2 DRR's out of 15 quads in the 90 limited 11-15 class.

My only point is that they were well out-numbered at registration, it's reasonable to expect they may be out-numbered on the podium as well.

Dont get me wrong I think my 10 year old would be faster on an Apex than his DRR because the size of the Apex would fit him better, he's kinda tall....I envy the stock LT the Apex comes with as well. We are watching the Pitsters though, that may be our next purchase...we just like running the CVT classes.

One thing is for sure, you guys are lucky, that view is awesome.