PDA

View Full Version : Best place for truck tires?

rollie
10-07-2009, 08:41 PM
Im looking for BF goodrich mud terrain KM2 35x12.50x17 and the cheapest ive found them is 1,140 shipped, not a bad deal but i was wondering if anyone else knew of any cheaper places?

Sjorge450R
10-07-2009, 09:00 PM
i dont really know much but i do know that alot of people buy from tirerack.com so that must be a pretty decent place.

tp300ex
10-07-2009, 09:09 PM
tire racks a good place and u might want to read some reviews on the tires i had them and they were the worst tires ive ever had...not near as good as the old ones! i have the cooper discovers stt and love them:blah:

rollie
10-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by tp300ex
tire racks a good place and u might want to read some reviews on the tires i had them and they were the worst tires ive ever had...not near as good as the old ones! i have the cooper discovers stt and love them:blah:

hrm, all the reviews ive read and a buddy of mine says that they love them. i have bf Goodrich all terrains now and i like them too.

Can i ask what you didnt like about them?

tp300ex
10-07-2009, 09:57 PM
they wear way to fast i got 25000 miles on them and i rotated them every oil change which was 3,000 miles my old ones lasted 40,000 and still had tread left before i wrecked the truck they were on...they may have changed them since i got them..i was the first to have them in my city so idk :confused:

pizmo 400ex
10-07-2009, 10:20 PM
I don't know if you have one buy you, but try costco. They have decent prices and they always have sell's on them

TCracin440ex
10-07-2009, 11:06 PM

x2 i had them on my truck size 315/75r16 and i absolutely hated them...they get good wear but far as anything other then the mileage you get out of them they are complete junk imo.. i hated them because they picked up tiny pebbles and slung them against the side of my truck. if you do any kind of offroading or even get in some wet grass you will get hung up because it has happened to me on several of occasions

rollie wat size do you have on your truck now? i have a set of 2 315/75r16 that have maybe 5k miles on them i paid over 425M&b for them when i first got the truck because the backs were bald. i took them off a month or so later and threw 37s on it. they still have the tits on the side of the tire

also tirerack is extremely high on tires with shipping. best place to check is ebay. or another place. but id really recomend a better all terrain or even a mud terrain. the cooper stt ive heard wears like an all terrain and goes like a mud terrain

TCracin440ex
10-07-2009, 11:18 PM
old pic with the 315/75r16

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z254/OneBaddAssZ71/jamessexychevy010-1.jpg

and this is what im rockin now new 16.5x12 on 37x13.50x16.5 baja klaws
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z254/OneBaddAssZ71/006-3.jpg

outacontrol
10-08-2009, 05:10 AM
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/home.do?

bought mine from there, great deal and free shipping..

rollie
10-08-2009, 05:50 AM
i have 315 70r 17 bf Goodrich all terrains, but im looking for a 35 just to make it sit a bit higher and look meaner, i will have to look into the coopers, any idea how puncture resistant they are?

Ive gotten quite a few nails in my all terrains and they don't loose any air.

TCracin440ex
10-08-2009, 11:46 AM
read some of the reviews on it
http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT-Tires/Cooper-Discoverer-stt.htm

tp300ex
10-08-2009, 08:12 PM
my old bfg mud terrains had a total of 9 nails in the tires when i pulled them of and i didn't drive threw a patch of them they were all different kinds....

rollie
10-08-2009, 08:35 PM
yeah, anybody know how puncture resistant the coopers are?

Nac's22
10-08-2009, 09:29 PM

I wish you luck man. I had those on my truck and got 12,000 miles out of them before they were shot. They were rotated every oil change and I never once did a burn out with them. I'm a little pissed off that I spent $1,000 on them just to get crap milage out of them.

rollie
10-09-2009, 07:56 AM
hrm, so it seems like people have good and bad to say about both tires!

that makes my decision even harder! haha

I really like the BFG's because thats what ive always had but if the coopers arent going to last any longer i might as well go with the BFG's haha

Quad18star
10-09-2009, 08:09 AM
I'm gunna be getting some Nitto Trail Grapplers in 33's for my truck next spring. They were just released last month and are a nice mix of on and offroad tires.

I was told in the USA , discount tire direct has the best deals ... free shipping also as someone mentioned.

bens250ex
10-09-2009, 09:28 AM
try onlinetires.com and tire-easy.com i found those places cheaper than anywhere else when i was lookin for tires. i ended up pickin up a set of brand spankin new 315/75/16 hankook m/t for $700 directly to me

white tails
10-09-2009, 05:15 PM
pro comps or nitto is the was to go spend the money and buy something that will last

Dave400ex
10-09-2009, 08:21 PM
Rimzoneonline.com has good prices, but Discount tires I've been told will price match just about anyone.

KXRida
10-09-2009, 10:01 PM
Honestly try your local tire shop. Sometimes they can get pretty decent deals, plus no shipping charge. Where you'll get killed ordering online is shipping. Also, some tire companies run deals with dealers for the buy 3 get one free, I know procomp does.

rossignoldude81
10-10-2009, 04:50 AM
desertrat.com i bought rims and tired for me wrangler a few years ago. 1100 dollars. they were the bfg mud terrains, 33x12,5

TCracin440ex
10-10-2009, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by KXRida
Honestly try your local tire shop. Sometimes they can get pretty decent deals, plus no shipping charge. Where you'll get killed ordering online is shipping. Also, some tire companies run deals with dealers for the buy 3 get one free, I know procomp does.

x2 on that. ive never orderd tires because s&h is killer. you figure you might pay an extra 40 or 50 bucks for the tires but most of the time the tire place u buy them from will do free M&B if you buy from them. plus there is no wait on tires. but ive heard alot of good stuff about the pro comp extreme all terrains you might want to give them a try. they are a good looking tire and will last lot longer then the bfg im willing to bet on it

extremeblastr
10-10-2009, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by bens250ex
try onlinetires.com and tire-easy.com i found those places cheaper than anywhere else when i was lookin for tires. i ended up pickin up a set of brand spankin new 315/75/16 hankook m/t for $700 directly to me

hankook dynapro m/t ftw great price awesome tire. have the same thing on my F350 and i'm probably gonna grab a set for the ranger to.

KXRida
10-10-2009, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
x2 on that. ive never orderd tires because s&h is killer. you figure you might pay an extra 40 or 50 bucks for the tires but most of the time the tire place u buy them from will do free M&B if you buy from them. plus there is no wait on tires. but ive heard alot of good stuff about the pro comp extreme all terrains you might want to give them a try. they are a good looking tire and will last lot longer then the bfg im willing to bet on it

My buddy has a set of the extreme M/t's. When it's time for new tires I'll probably buy those. I have an off brand procomp mt and they do fairly well, but could use some more side bite off road. Plus the wear on them is pretty good.

TCracin440ex
10-10-2009, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by KXRida
My buddy has a set of the extreme M/t's. When it's time for new tires I'll probably buy those. I have an off brand procomp mt and they do fairly well, but could use some more side bite off road. Plus the wear on them is pretty good.

i have never ran a set of pro comps. ive ran bfg a/t, mickey thompson baja klaw, and parnelli jones and i will tell you the parnellis were by far one of the best all arround tire from mud on down the line to snow, and road ride. they do not have alot of road noise, they rode great, they wear really good. but you pay for that kind of tire they run about 400/tire for a 37 which aint bad but aint good either

im not saying they are the greatest mud tire or the greatest street tire b.c they are better street tires that you can get that will last alot longer and there are better mud tires that are made for strictly mud but for what i drove in and the way i drove my truck they were by far the greatest tire ive ever had

KXRida
10-10-2009, 09:35 AM
I had a set of baja claws way back when. Good tires, but wore really quick if you did any street driving. I have a close friend that is a manager at a local tire shop, so he gets me some pretty good deals on my tires.