PDA

View Full Version : Gt thunder

z400bs
10-07-2009, 06:18 PM
I am looking into upgrading my suspension on my 06 450r. i ride for the fun of the sport and do race local motocross races here and there but im looking into racing more next year. The stock suspension works fine for any trail ofcourse but when i hit the track it just doesnt cut it. Im still in highschool so im getting around 7.25 an hour so money is a little bit of a problem. ha So i was wondering if sending my shocks off to gt thunder is worth doing. So tell me for those who have done it what they think or if i should save my money! thanks.

10-08-2009, 07:17 AM
it is definitely the way to go on a budget...i have had just revalves done on 2 of my last 3 quads...you will notice the difference and when you tell laz what you are doing, do not candy coat it...give him your actual weight WITH gear and all of the other things that he asks for

badazz400ex
10-10-2009, 12:13 PM
Prepare yourself for a ride that rolls in the corners, and bottoms out on every small hit in the woods you attack. There are other suspension guys out there who do better work on the average persons shocks and pays attention to what the customer wants. I had 3 encounters with the revalves from him I weigh 225 and the last set that was done was the exact same spring setup he put on my buddies who weighs 160lbs. Check Jet, Derisi, C&D, and a few other before you make a choice you may be sorry for.

flyboy450r
10-10-2009, 12:29 PM
C&D is the only way to go. Just call both guys and talk to then you'll see what I mean. PLus I think GT thunder charges for high flow valves were C&D does not. But they both do great work and both are still opean for busniess so they are doing something right lol

10-10-2009, 12:41 PM
that is funny that you say that...i don't bottom out on the small bumps on the trail, or roll in the corners, then again, i was honest with him and gave him a lot of info as to what i wanted...maybe that is the difference...

as far as C&d goes, i have my issues with them and would not give them the time of day...

yes, laz may be/seem a little short, but if you go to the forums where he is a sponsor, and read his posts, you'll see that he is not really like that, he just comes off that way for some reason

coryatver
10-10-2009, 01:21 PM
gt thunder revalves are the best you will get for the money! Awesome shocks the guy knows what he is doing.

z400bs
10-11-2009, 04:48 PM
thanks for all the opinions!

Scro
10-11-2009, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
that is funny that you say that...i don't bottom out on the small bumps on the trail, or roll in the corners, then again, i was honest with him and gave him a lot of info as to what i wanted...maybe that is the difference...

as far as C&d goes, i have my issues with them and would not give them the time of day...

yes, laz may be/seem a little short, but if you go to the forums where he is a sponsor, and read his posts, you'll see that he is not really like that, he just comes off that way for some reason

I wouldn't give GTT the time of day. I've had the same experience that was mentioned before and by many other people.

jimmyjames1700
10-12-2009, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Scro
I wouldn't give GTT the time of day. I've had the same experience that was mentioned before and by many other people.

Same here, I had a set of GT rebuilds on my KFX450R and they were so brutal that I removed them after one ride and sold them!!! Not to mention, Laz was kind of a dick on the phone.

I'm now running Noleen J6 rebuilds and couldn't be happier, honestly they are better than the Elka Elites I had just before I got the Noleen's.