PDA

View Full Version : 300ex in Glamis???

ballzdeep38
10-07-2009, 06:14 PM
ok so we are planning a trip to glamis for thanksgiving. my girlfriend has a 07 300ex. it is completely stock and has very low hours on it (i did the first year service after a 14-15 months and it still didnt have 10 hours on it). i asked about paddles on here before and got mixed suggestions ranging from running the stock tires to 20 inch 6 paddle gliders. so my question is, what else am i going to need to change or prep differently for glamis as opposed to our normal desert riding (high desert and gorman)? will i need to rejet it? is the jetting as tempermental as on my 87 250R? any suggestions would be great. thanks.

sd1
10-12-2009, 02:03 AM
you shouldn't need to rejet at all if the quad is bone stock...at the most you might have to adjust the needle or pilot jet but I doubt it...just run a quick plug check after your gf goes out for a quick ride..main thing is to have fun and watch out for all the numnut riders that are there....and oh boy is their a LOT of them!..make sure your whip is highly visible

ballzdeep38
10-12-2009, 10:42 AM
ok. this is the only 4stroke i have any experience with so the jetting situation is new to me. if it just adjusting the clip on the needle ill be fine doing it. i wanted to know if i should both change a jett before we leave (rather than opening the carb in the sand).

will the stock gearing be ok for the sand? and what air pressure would you recommend for the stock rear tires?

sd1
10-12-2009, 11:43 AM
I really doubt you will need to re-jet because the stock setup usually works at various altitiudes very well...Honda designed it that way.( they designed the stock jetting to run from about sea level to 1,200' feet above sea level).......your only 200' above sea level at Glamis and the stock jetting and configuration works well there...but if you do make any adjustments, its better to make them there at the altitude your riding at....your stock gearing should pull the paddles well, and id run about 5 pds in the rears...you could start with 7 if you like and then reduce pressure to what you like.....if your going for a long riding trip like a week or so it wouldn't hurt to bring a fresh oiled air filter along and of course a plug........swap out the filter about mid week ...... and of course some good chain lube.....enjoy your trip