PDA

View Full Version : 39mm fcr

odog
10-07-2009, 01:31 PM
does anyone here have the sparks 39mm fcr if u do let me know was it worth the price tag.

drew416ex
10-08-2009, 03:14 PM
I have one on my 440 stroker and its great. Was it worth the price? I dunno because I havnt tried any of the cheaper ways like a 450 carb or a fcr off of something else. It deff. made a big difference over stock though. It is picky while being tuned, but its worth it when you get it set.

odog
10-08-2009, 06:56 PM
ok i narrowed it down to a 39mm or 41mm fcr carb i will be making my purchase between now and next week i think ill be getting the 39mm i was told for the riding i do it would be the better choice i mostly trail ride. but he also said the 41mm will give me a little bit more on the top end. i kind want to get that because i ride with mostly 700r and 450rs. but im just about convinced to get the 39mm. if anyone has any extra advice let me know soon thanks.

NacsMXer
10-08-2009, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by odog
ok i narrowed it down to a 39mm or 41mm fcr carb i will be making my purchase between now and next week i think ill be getting the 39mm i was told for the riding i do it would be the better choice i mostly trail ride. but he also said the 41mm will give me a little bit more on the top end. i kind want to get that because i ride with mostly 700r and 450rs. but im just about convinced to get the 39mm. if anyone has any extra advice let me know soon thanks.

You might want to go with the bigger FCR 41 since you have a 460 stroker. I have the FCR 39 and I feel like I am leaving a little power on the table using it with my 450 stroker setup. I have to jet down a tad due to how much air it can flow. I bought mine straight from Sparks originally and the carb has served me much better over stock. Worlds better throttle response, but if I had to do it all over again, I would have gone with the bigger carb.

odog
10-09-2009, 10:02 PM
after talking to them for a while i decided to go with the 39 from sparks racing mostly because of the trail riding i do (90%) and (10%) drag racing they said the 39mm will better suit me. it should be here next friday. hopefully it will wake this bike up a little more.