PDA

View Full Version : MX problems with KFX?

ltr450rider21
10-06-2009, 08:40 PM
Looking into running a kfx next year in mx. iv'e heard the kawi's are really slow, but have good handling? Is that true? Iv'e also heard alot of wiring problems with the quad just shutting off because a wire fried..But it seems when they are running, they run up front. I ride suzukis now and never had a problem at all (besides trannys..) But I think maybe it's time for a change.

What are some of the real problems Kawi's have on the track?

mxquadracer72
12-16-2009, 05:58 PM
i got jason luburghs prac kawi. and the only problem ive had with it is the front end doesnt like to turn to the left very well. roll design stem may have soemthing to do with that. the wires so far are very good and not frying. starting with this high of compression is kinda hard tho. getting ready to install the kickstart

JParisi48
12-17-2009, 04:50 PM
they need to have the wires simplified, its like 150$, if you go high compression then you need a crank rod, preferably a carillo, they are not slow, with a pclll, intake, and exhaust they are actually kinda fast, but bone stock they are slow. id get a kawi over an ltr anyday

BLU82
12-17-2009, 08:13 PM
The kawi's are geared low to begin with, then once you put the 18's on for the track they are geared really low. So I'd pay attention to that. I actually like my stock gearing with 18's, but at some tracks I was searching for a sixth gear. Like most 450's the wiring is over complicated for mx, but a lot of the unnecessary things can be cut out or worked around. Head light fuses, tail light switches, roll over sensor etc. If your building the motor then the stock rod won't last much longer than 20 hours however carillo makes a very nice piece that I have yet to see problems with. Some people lower the subframe, again I have felt no reason to do so, even having ridden bikes with the lowering mod. That about covers everything I've experienced in my three years racing the kawi.