PDA

View Full Version : Hard to kick?

Proquad277
10-06-2009, 08:28 PM
Are all apexs hard to kick? My lilttle boys is extremely hard....any way to fix that?

Proquad277
10-12-2009, 03:55 PM
does nobody else have this problem?? Please help!

tyler70t
10-12-2009, 04:50 PM
Does it just have a lot of compression or is it the kick starter? We changes to an Eton kickstarter so his foot doesn't slip off......Jeff

quadracer1
10-12-2009, 06:50 PM
They will get hard to kick, almost a gaulded up feeling. Take the kicker off, and the cover, and grease it good with waterproof grease and work it back and forth. Works for me.

Proquad277
10-13-2009, 07:13 PM
It's not compression, it's more "gaulded up feeling".....I will try to grease it up and see what happens.

Thanks, I've been racing quads for years but am new to the minis so any help with these lil things is a big help to me.

redonkulousruntsracing
10-14-2009, 08:29 AM
what I found with on sons Apex is that the gear that comes out to engage to motor is what gets hard to move, The retainer clip that runs in a groove around the gear is what usually binds up, I took mine off and opened it up so it wasnt so tight, and put a little grease in the groove and on the pivot point that the gear rides on. I also put the kick start lever in the vice and bent the part where you put your foot on to kick it, up so my sons foot doesnt slip off from it now. Just be careful when bending t, I did it slowly and carefully, cuz it looks like it's cast and I was waiting for it to snap, but I actually bent it quite a ways and it's all good now. Dont use too much grease though, ya dont want it to get it on your clutches and belt. Hope my $.02 helps.

tyler70t
10-14-2009, 10:22 AM
I agree Seth, you must pop that clip out ocasionally and clean and lightly grease the groove, easy on the grease!!!!!!!

marsrace2
10-14-2009, 03:29 PM
when mine gets hard to kick I take off the cover and clean out the gears in the kick start mechanism with brake clean, just spray it out really good until it runs clear. You get alot of dust in the gears from the clutches.