PDA

View Full Version : Lexx MXe Slip On Silencer

rigger
10-06-2009, 07:41 PM
Thought I would give my first impression of this pipe since I have not seen one in person nor have I seen to many people talk about it yet.

I went with this one mainly because of cost. I got it off of e-bay for $160, free shipping. ( I did have a 10% off thing that got it down to the 160 ) I did a couple of searches and found where some others had gotten them for bikes and a couple of atv's and everyone was very happy with it.

Got in the Lexx MXe Slip On Silencer for my wife's 400EX today. Opened up the box and put it all on the atv. Fits nice and looks pretty good too. You seal the joints with high temp silicone. Mounts with a strap around the can and a welded up mount at the bottom. Seems to be just as solid as anything else. I took the quiet core out of it just to see what it looks like inside, and I do have to say, if you were to run it with out that insert, it would be a very open and free flowing exhaust.

I put the core back in it, fired her up and the sound is nice. It has a nice tone and it is really pretty quiet. I took it for a spin and I have to say that it feels just as strong as my last 400 with a HMF.

Over all, I am very impressed with it. Price was hard to beat. Fit was good. Looks pretty good too. Sounds nice and not to loud at all.

If I get a chance, I will shoot a picture and post it if anybody wants me to.

05strokinfx4
10-06-2009, 08:33 PM
i like mine i have the quite core out and it is almost as loud as a stock 08 yz450f, i have some videos here is a link
lexx pipe core out (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwlvWZ8j7zo)
lexx pipe quite core in (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNsg0sPWp68&feature=related)

J.J.
10-06-2009, 09:42 PM
i have the same slip on.. i put it on first with the quiet core and then pulled the core.. its not too much louder without the core and it has alot deeper tone without it..

power increase was decent.. i dont have anything to compare to as this is my first quad ever but it was worth the money.. it was even better when i rejetted and took off the airbox lid and added a uni

Rkangel7
10-07-2009, 12:02 AM
I'm happy with my Lexx. I got it to replace a White Bros E-series. The White Bros was too loud for most of my riding areas. The Lexx is much quieter and I haven't noticed any power difference between the two. So far I've been happy with the performance and quality of the Lexx.

f4iracer
10-08-2009, 11:34 PM
I just bought this pipe.

I was looking at HMF, then i looked at two bros for awhile, and then jardine.

I bought this pipe for cost mostly.

thanks for the youtube vids, i think i'll like the sound.

f4iracer
10-11-2009, 06:39 PM
Hey, where do you seal it with high temp silicone? I'm just curious....my pipe hasn't arrived in the mail yet, but i wondered if the silicone stuff came with the pipe or if you have to do this custom or on your own?

Rkangel7
10-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by f4iracer
Hey, where do you seal it with high temp silicone? I'm just curious....my pipe hasn't arrived in the mail yet, but i wondered if the silicone stuff came with the pipe or if you have to do this custom or on your own?

It doesn't come with silicone, but you can pick up a tube of high temp silicone pretty much any place that carries auto parts. The Lexx doesn't have/use a pipe clamp on the mid-pipe. They use a bushing between head-pipe and mid-pipe. This is one of the places where you would apply a thin layer of silicone sealant. The instructions that come with the pipe will give you some more details on where to apply sealant.

dankbud42o
10-12-2009, 08:29 AM
def use the silicone otherwise it wont be air tight...thats one thing i dislike about my Lexx is the way it mounts...the bushing kinda sucks cuz it doesnt go all the way to the lip on the header pipe snug to hold it on there nice and tight (i got like a 1/2 space). so the bushing can losen and slide down farther which did happen when i first installed it, but fine since i redid it...i used 1 min gasket high temp silicone and its working great for mine. i didnt want to get reg high temp silicone and wait 8 hours for it to dry. i put the 1 min on, waited a few min then went and ripped it. i bought it at advanced auto.

f4iracer
10-12-2009, 08:50 AM
ok cool.

thanks for the input. I've got locktite gasket making high temp sealant.....I was planning on just using that stuff.

I'll check out the paper that comes with the pipe to see what they suggest, but i don't see why gasket maker wouldn't hold a seal.

f4iracer
10-23-2009, 11:24 PM
Did you guys just put a real big bead of silicone on the outside there where the midpipe joint is (with the metal spacer bushing thing).

I applied the silicone on the inside like the instructions said, just wondering if i need to put more on?

Rkangel7
10-23-2009, 11:44 PM
I put silicone on both the inside and outside of the bushing. I don't think that the small amount they recommend for just the inside of the bushing is enough.

f4iracer
10-25-2009, 06:11 PM
this pipe is freaking loud with the quiet core out. It cracks hard and screams at high rpm.

dankbud42o
10-25-2009, 07:57 PM
yea i put it on both sides of the bushing