PDA

View Full Version : better credit??

wckedclownz69
10-06-2009, 06:38 PM
Hey Guys/Girls, This may sound dumb but, i was wondering anyone got any good insite on how to build better credit.. im 19.. ive got some credit .. but would like to know what are some good credit cards and some other ways to build it.. don't really wanna cosign but, if thats what it takes to start building it up i will...

Thanks, Jake

wvspeedfreak
10-06-2009, 06:56 PM
The best way to build your credit is to make your payments on time.....every time.
Alot of people think that taking out a loan and paying it back before it is due (ex. borrowing $5000 for 24 months and paying it all back in 12 months) will boost your credit but not necessarily.They look at how timely you make payments over all.
It takes a little time to build it but it is worth it down the road.

matt14c
10-06-2009, 07:34 PM
Credit cards arent always a good thing either. My credit card I have had since I was 19 and only use it every now and then for gas or something small that I know I can pay off right away.

Also sometimes when you do things like speedfreak said when you pay things off quickly there is sometimes fees if you do that. I know I took a vehicle loan out and when I was younger thinking the same thing and if I would have paid it off before 24 months of the 60 month term then there was a $1500 fee.

Credit is kinda tricky but unlike prolly 90% of american just dont live outside your means and you will be fine. If you make $12 an hour than you cant afford a $40,000 truck!

When you take out a loan or line of credit always try to go through a credit union also. I have found that there rates are usually a little better and if your a member you can get nice discounts for like auto payments and things. When you do get a loan or whatever just think about what you can afford then right from the beginning always send your payments in about a week or 10 days early atleast and just pay like an extra 10-15% it really helps.

Tommy Warren
10-06-2009, 08:54 PM
car loans are the fastest way.

ben300
10-06-2009, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
car loans are the fastest way.

paying back any loan, or any payment on time, when it comes in, is faster....

blows my mind. i work at a bar on the weekends..xtra cash.....people..especially women, adn i ahve seen men do this to..open up their bill fold an what not to get out a credit card to pay..and they have like 20 or 30 credit cards..

thats absurd and dumb

wckedclownz69
10-06-2009, 09:35 PM
But, How do you get enough credit to get a loan without a cosigner.. That's im having trouble on...i got a credit card from a jewelery store to buy my mom stuff.. and paid it all back on time..i know its a start..

ben300
10-06-2009, 09:41 PM
if you really have no other credit established other than that, then you will probaly still have to have a cosigner to help you get a loan if you are thinking about buying a quad or a bike or a vehicle or something. alot of kids try and use school loans as spending money now d days. crediters are now spending hte money straight the the schools so that it is used properly.

my advice would be to get a legitamate credit card, take some time, establish your self a little bit...