View Full Version : What are these PEP's worth?

BM@Ronayers
10-06-2009, 11:30 AM
I have a set of 18” triple rate PEP shocks I got 2nd hand from a fellow racer for my 300ex. I didn’t know that they needed the work they did when I got them. The ends on both are bent and need to be replaced. I am sure they also need to be serviced and possibly revalved. Now, I contacted a few company’s about rebuilding them and it is going to cost a little more than I care to put in them to make them usable again. Can anyone tell me what they might be worth?

BM@Ronayers
10-06-2009, 11:31 AM
Ends

BM@Ronayers
10-06-2009, 11:33 AM
End without spring. You can see how the insert is bent.

flyboy450r
10-06-2009, 11:41 AM
I think your better off buying new ones I think pep sells there race shocks for 650 why not have a brand new shock for the money. Also Ive never sayw bent end i dont know if they can even fix that. I assume some internals are screwed to. I know its 350 for a stock rebuild so i know it will at least be that.

BM@Ronayers
10-06-2009, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by flyboy450r
I think your better off buying new ones I think pep sells there race shocks for 650 why not have a brand new shock for the money. Also Ive never sayw bent end i dont know if they can even fix that. I assume some internals are screwed to. I know its 350 for a stock rebuild so i know it will at least be that.
I talked to a guy a Baldwin and he said that the ends are replaceable for about $55.00 each. Of course you never know the extent of the damage until you get in them. I am leaning towards getting some elkas but I was going to get rid of these. Anyone interested in them. I think with the right tools and hook-ups these could be fixed fairly cheap. I myself do not do suspension work.

mpblaster287
10-06-2009, 02:53 PM
I dont think the ends are bent, the shaft might be bent. The ends are just the eyes that actually bolt on to the bottom of the shaft. If you try to take the ends off, there should be threads on the bottom of the shaft. I had a set where the threads on the bottom of the shaft bent. You might have to get new shafts. Let me know what you would want for them. I might be interested in them for a custom application.

BM@Ronayers
10-19-2009, 05:47 AM
I will take $50.00 if anyone wants them!

aaron496
10-19-2009, 06:27 AM
Ill take them. Let me know how to pay for them