PDA

View Full Version : after market parts for 08 525s

Boom226
10-06-2009, 09:32 AM
im havin trouble findin aftermarket parts for my 525s. 90% of my riding is mx. Anyone know any websites besides rockymountain or motosport or have anything for sale? Does anyone know if the 450 parts will bolt on? Any advice on wat the best way to go for power and handleing. i got a full exhaust n honda 450r shocks w/ a works spring kit on the front which dropped my stance big time and increased my handeling. Those fox's that were on it stock made it sit sky high. Any advice or help id really appreciate

525Outlaw#55
10-06-2009, 10:21 AM
450 parts will bolt on. I race mx with mine. The stock shocks do make it sit pretty high, i went with fox float evols on the front and a custom podium x rear. What all are you looking to get?

Boom226
10-06-2009, 10:37 AM
yea they did...those 450r shocks helped out a ton. i got that podium x on the rear. idk im just lookin for anything thats gonna make it more mx friendly. Tires/rims. A-Arms/Axel. nerfs/heel guards. Wat did u go with for motor mods?

OutlawBill
10-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Rath racing.lonestar racing, Houser racing, Teixeira Technologies Racing, all make MX parts for the Outlaw

525Outlaw#55
10-06-2009, 02:33 PM
Wheels I like/run douglas, go with beadlocks in the rear, I had a bad problem of un-clinchin the rear tires until I got some beadlocks. Tires are a toss up really, I'm running ITP Mxr6's, but when they wear out I'm goin with the quadcross pro lites. I'm running stock a-arms with a 3+2 offset on the front wheels and I'm right at 50 inches wide and handles awesome. Still running the stock axle with rath mx hubs that make the rear 50 inches. Motor set up, I have a FMF 4.1 full exhaust with a custom powerbomb head pipe. I have a custom ignition, jetted the carb, stock intake without the lid and a no toil filter. The internals on my engine are stock except for a hotcam. This winter when I refresh everything I'm going with a webcam 620 or 621 cam and a high compression piston, and going to do a little head work ;)