PDA

View Full Version : They Claim 35+ HorsePower ???

kawa_me
10-06-2009, 07:18 AM
Hey Guys!
Does anyone have any knowledge of these?
They claim 35+ horsepower and cost $28. If they work, I'll be glad to fork over the $28, but dont have $28 to waste?
I've enclosed a picture of this performance chip.

Thanks /

IcutMetl
10-06-2009, 10:02 AM
Snake oil.

kawa_me
10-06-2009, 10:10 AM
Hello IcutMetl.
I really appreciate your opinion. Im kinda thinking the same thing about this performance chip! (waste of money!) I appreciate guy !

IcutMetl
10-06-2009, 10:28 AM
Haha no problem; that's exactly what it is...an opinion. Miracle mods like this have been all over the place for years; especially for cars. For as advanced as todays ATV's are (especially with fuel injection), it would make sense that something so simple would've been developed many moons ago. I don't know much about Brute Force 'wheelers...I know they're pretty wicked, but there are a lot of atv's out there that don't have 35hp to begin with, and people will spend hundreds of dollars on well-proven mods like exhaust systems and power commanders just to gain a few horsepower. To expect to gain that much power for that little money sounds a bit rediculous to me. That would be like the medical community coming out and saying "Oh we forgot...there IS a cure for cancer and aids; one pill and $5,000 later you're cured!" Well, not really....but you get the idea...

I can't prove it's not true, but I would be VERY surprised if it were.

kawa_me
10-06-2009, 10:43 AM
Hey, I totally agree. How can a guy really tell without spending $$ and putting it on a dyno? Of corse you may to yourself, "wow! I can tell a big difference" It would be all in your mind about this added chip. I work hard for my money and can afford to waste even $28.
You know thats just like the $500-600 slip on exhaust they're selling. Of corse the look cool, stainless steel, shinny with the decals etc... and some of em do sound more powerful, I just hate to let go of $500 for a ATV muffler. I jsut bought me a new 08 Brute force. Thought I got a pretty good deal at $6200 and $7000 with the tax. Bought it in June of 09, its an 08 model. It does seem to be a pretty bad machine.
Here's what I did and tell me if I made a mistake. The factory muffler on the BF is 16" long. I took me a 18" metal drill bit and drilled it right straight the muffer from back toward the front, opened it up a little. I used a 5/8's bit. It does sound a little bit better. Now I went and bought me a 1" drill bit and Im going to run that one through the muffler and see how ti goes. Im into this bit for $42 bucks. I'll bet you there is about a 60% mark up on those after "high performance mufflers"
Whats your opinion?
Thanks man. Here real soon I will psot a video of my 08' BF of how it wounds.
Thanks - man

Scro
10-06-2009, 02:43 PM
Nothing for $28 is going to gain you 35+ horses on a quad. Not even $2800 would do that. I wouldn't put anything like that on my lawnmower.

kawa_me
10-06-2009, 03:03 PM
thanks for your opinion about the "power Chip" Ive received about 8 replies and everyone says they are junk or a rip off!

Your opinion on muffler trick please:
I hate to sepnd $500-600 bucks on a performance muffler. I know the mark-up is at least 80%. On my 08 Kawasaki BF EFI, so far what ive done is took a 16" in length 1/2 drill bit and drilled straight the muffler to open it up. I actually can tell a difference and it does sound a little better. its got a deep rumble sound. SO I went this morning and now bought me a 1" drill bit 18" in length and going to run that trrough the muffler and see if it helps that much more. The bit cost me $41. I figured that was better than spending $550 0n a "Full Muzzy".
Thanks in advance for your opinion!

10-09-2009, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Scro
Nothing for $28 is going to gain you 35+ horses on a quad. Not even $2800 would do that. I wouldn't put anything like that on my lawnmower.

disagree! DSM turbo $200, custom piping $200, if fuel injected it makes it easier, bigger injectors or just tuned $500? lol as long as the compression isnt too much on the quad you wont need lower compression but forged piston would be recomended. Aftermarket rod too. In reality if you wanted to build a turbo quad its cheaper than spending all of that money on bolt ons like air filter, exhaust, even cams and pistons you wont see the same results.

Scro
10-09-2009, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
disagree! DSM turbo $200, custom piping $200, if fuel injected it makes it easier, bigger injectors or just tuned $500?

For a motor that's rideable where??? Dragstrip, maybe? You wouldn't be able to ride it anywhere else, and it would be about as reliable as driving a pinto cross-country.

ZSK
10-09-2009, 10:20 AM
More than likely that's only an inline resistor, intended on fooling the system to think that the ambient temperature is lower than it actually is.

tri5ron
10-09-2009, 04:28 PM
if I got 10 of them,
and connected them end to end,

would I get 350 HP ???

Sjorge450R
10-09-2009, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Scro
For a motor that's rideable where??? Dragstrip, maybe? You wouldn't be able to ride it anywhere else, and it would be about as reliable as driving a pinto cross-country.

leave it to a import guy to suggest turbo on a quad...:macho

Just skip over this part and save your money for something else.

BlaineKaiser450
10-11-2009, 06:50 PM
35+ hp for 28$? DEFINATLY not gonna happen

10-11-2009, 09:51 PM
not that it matters because i don't think it works, but i don't think that they are saying that it adds 35 MORE hp, but that it puts it up to 35 TOTAL hp from say 33 hp stock...33hp was just a guess at stock hp by the way

kawa_me
10-13-2009, 12:36 PM
they are saying it adds 35 hp. very deceiving! I did some research. One can buy these items from a wholesaler in China a lot 1000 or more for $1.20 each. They buy them and put their little stickers on them. Then PooF! A cool 27.00 profit! Thanks for your msg's.