PDA

View Full Version : Cobra vs Apex

protraxrptr17
10-06-2009, 06:49 AM
I want to get one or the other for my son. I found a sweet deal on a Cobra 50. I have also seen some good prices on Apex bikes. I know the Cobra probably performs better, but is it worth the extra 2 or 3 thousand? I know the Cobra is pretty high maintenance but I don't mind that.

heathmxracing
10-12-2009, 08:02 AM
Go ahead and spend the extra money for the Cobra. As for the maintenance, they both require the same basic maintenance as any race machine. The Cobra is lighter, has more HP, better suspension, lower seat height, wider and handles way better.

Not to knock the Apex, they are good machines as well but, trying to compare the two is like comparing a Chevette to a Corvette.

gorpracing
10-12-2009, 11:12 AM
And I will be on the other side. My son race the apex 70 and 90 both in the stock class's. He is very fast on both and has beat the cobra in the worcs races. The cobra is fast, I just think that the apex can compete with it with the right rider and tuning. Good luck with either bike.

protraxrptr17
10-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Well, I went ahead and got the Cobra. I'm really pleased with the way it's made and looks really simple to work on. Thanks for the replies and it looks like I'll be hangin out here in the mini section a little bit now. I'm getting a little bit too old and got too many bills to hang it all out myself, so I'mm gonna focus on helping my son learn all about it now.

riding4fun
10-17-2009, 09:52 PM
Pretty sure he's talking about lap times.

Full Throttle00
12-03-2009, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by gorpracing
And I will be on the other side. My son race the apex 70 and 90 both in the stock class's. He is very fast on both and has beat the cobra in the worcs races. The cobra is fast, I just think that the apex can compete with it with the right rider and tuning. Good luck with either bike.
I thought the Cobra cant run with the Apex cvt's, what class and when? Recently?

gorpracing
12-03-2009, 02:25 PM
Worcs races run 4 or 5 class at the same time. So they are on the track at the same time but diffrent class. He can catch one or two of them. The fastest riders on cobras he gets close to but rarely catchs them. On his 70 I think he zipp tie the throttle wide open and just hangs on.

Full Throttle00
12-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Only one of 5-6 Cobras that ran Worcs this year only was a 70cc, all the others had smaller displacements raced which one raced with the 90cc's and did Extremely well vs the Apex & DRR's with 1/3 less motor.

protraxrptr17; you have made a good decision with getting the Cobra, you will see the difference almost immediately. Don't let the higher cost scare you, really there's no difference in price when you add everything all up. If I had to start all over it would be a 1st choice.

Ryko racing
12-09-2009, 09:33 AM
The Cobra will be less overall cost as most racers can race without changing a arms, shocks, swingarms,

definitely the riders confidence will grow as it is very stable in the air and bumps. we raced the cvts and had the $ 12000 cvt quad that was very good to us but when Ryan raced the Cobra he never rode the cvt again. ( it actually made me sad as we had a ton of time into the cvt).

AS far as maintenence i think the cobra was less once dialed in,
talk to HEATH RACING AND YOU WILL BE FINE.

GOOD LUCK.