PDA

View Full Version : Maier hood

Lquad71
10-05-2009, 09:18 PM
ok so i got all new front plastic except the hood which i will be ordering shortly
my problem is my stock hood wont fit and from pictures on the maier website of their hoods i dont see the tabs like stock, instead i see bolt holes. how do these hoods mount up?

Balaz_73*00
10-06-2009, 06:47 AM
The front ones mount just like the stock with the push pins, but the one up top by the stem need to be rigged up. The holes don't match up flush, there is lk an inch gap...at least for me there is. Il post up some pics later.

Lquad71
10-08-2009, 12:03 AM
i would greatly appreciate any pics.:)

hilltop_83
10-09-2009, 08:02 AM
i just got my maier hood awhile back and the top part by the steering stem mounted up fine but the lower part you had to drill holes through the plastic so the tab could be bolted with the plastics

Juha_Kankkunen
10-09-2009, 08:33 AM
I've mounted a Maier hood too.

Like they told you, on the front side you have to drill the plastics to mount two pins, one on each side.

On the rear part, near the steering stem, you don't have to drill anything. The hood comes with two rubber that fit on the holes that OEM hood.

Like you see in this picture, you can make it fit good depending on how you make the front drills (sorry for the dimensions of the pic):

http://i36.tinypic.com/x5ryoo.jpg

Lquad71
10-09-2009, 05:44 PM
thanks for the pic i understand how it mounts now.:o