PDA

View Full Version : drr 50 help, few questions

soyo
10-05-2009, 06:43 PM
hello everyone! im new to the mini quad scene and bought my son a 2008 liquid cooled drr 50.

so far i have put atv four play long travels with elkas on the front and i bought a round housing burgard long travel swingarm, but does anyone know what length and stroke shock this takes? it also looks to be +2" over stock. i have a fox 12 1/4" length shock but its way to short and the chain gets way to loose. i took the rear shock off and lifted the frame level until the front was barily touching, then i took a measurement from eye to eye and it measured 13 1/2" then i lowered it until the chain was getting loose and it was 11 1/2" so would i need to get a shock thats 13 1/2 long with a 2" stroke? 11 1/4" would be the max compressed length because the chain starts to hit the swingarm on the bottom side.

another thing im looking to do is make it faster, we are racing mx and its bone stock and a pig!! it seems to rev but not really go anywhere, and i bought it brand new. he only ways 45lbs and i dont want to get in the motor right now so what can i do as far as gearing, clutch, or anything else that will make an aprovement?

thanks to all that respond, jerod

rmuscle
10-06-2009, 03:25 PM
did u take the clip out of the cdi box , if u dont the quad will barley run

soyo
10-06-2009, 04:40 PM
yes i took the clip out, it wouldnt even pull itself with it in

JAG Motosports
10-06-2009, 05:30 PM
I'd call Gary ay G-force his 50's are fast:)

THARNESS
10-07-2009, 08:32 AM
I'd call Michelle at Hetrick Racing. Thier 50's have won the ATVA MX championships the last two seasons. They will help you out.

soyo
10-08-2009, 09:33 PM
thanks guys, but does anyone run a burgard swingarm? im almost confident that i need a 13 1/4" shock with a 2 1/4" stroke. i called burgard and that guy was a butt! he said he didn't know that he will look it up and call me back. so i called back a day later and he told me he hasn't got that far and he will call me back!! seriously? how long does it take to look and see what shock he recommends?

some people has told me 15" but there is no way that would come close, with the 13 1/4" shock im matching the front end sag. any longer than that it will hit the frame, and anything that has more than 11" compressed will have the chain way to loose and eating into the bottom side of the swingarm. im getting a elka shock since i have them on the front but even they dont have burgards specs and he told me there all different setups.

so i guess if i cant get an answer im going to tell elka my specs i need and get a shock coming! my boy cant ride now that i have a fox shock thats to short! so if anyone is looking for a 12.5" fox shock setup for a dc swingarm i have one that i cant use.

does anyone know how the shock relocater works? if its made so you can put a longer shock on there how much difference in length does it make it? theres a guy on here that has a 15" elka and if this relocator can make it where i can use this shock that would be a simple solution, as long as the locator can allow me to gain 1 3/4"

thanks for the help!

THARNESS
10-09-2009, 08:49 AM
I have never heard of that swingarm. Would it be possible to relocate the lower shock mount on the swing-arm you have now. Any machine or welding shop should be able to put it whever you need it. It would be much cheaper than buying a new shock.

Good luck.