PDA

View Full Version : another problem

sean.miller10
10-05-2009, 06:03 PM
I know it sounds like my quad has a lot of issues but to be honest it is a great quad as far as i am concerned i think it is all just minor stuff but anyway......when i am road ridin like tryin to get to a trail or somethin it is all fine until i rap it out and then it shakes really bad not bad enough to make it go out of control but it just shakes at first we thought it might have been the tie rod cause it was bent a little bit on the right side so we straightend it tonight and i took it for a road ride and same thing when i first got it we thought it might be the rear bearings so we changed them and still the shaking i know ti has something to do with the steering cause it is only on the front end well that is about the best i can explain it lol and i was also going to ask anyone who lives in indiana preferably close to terre haute if they knew about any good clubs to get into also this is a great forum i am totally addicted to it i wish i could help people out with their problems a little bit more but as i keep saying lol..........i am somewhat new at it thanks again guys

Bill Martin
10-05-2009, 06:17 PM
Check the rims and see if there bent.
Did you put in some slime in the tires? That will make them shake at high speed.

Whit11b
10-05-2009, 06:23 PM
What kind of speed/surface you on? You might have a wheel that is bent a bit, or a tire that is out of balance or belts messed up. Check the toe on the front tires, if it is toed in bad enough the scuff can give you feedback on pavement. Go through and check the front end. Make sure all the nuts and bolts are tight on the a arms, ball joints, hubs, and such. If you have a messed up bearing it could give you a vibration as well.

blacklabel117
10-05-2009, 06:24 PM
did you buy it used cuz if you did they could have put in stop leak in the tires like the gel stuff and that will make it shake because mine had leaked from the bead and i put in stop leak it stoped the leak but she raddles rly bad now when im hammering down so man check to see if thats the case if not it could b bent rims

sean.miller10
10-05-2009, 06:29 PM
the tires are brand new and as far as i know there isn't a damn thing wrong with the rims that is why i am startin to get kinda pissed cause i can't find what is causing it and i am just on a regular road and it doesn't start doin it until you get it ALMOST rapped out

Whit11b
10-05-2009, 06:40 PM
If you can, swap tires/wheels with a buddy and see if it goes away. If it's starting to shake close to top end then it could be just the balance of the tires/wheels are off. If that's the case you might be out of luck, I don't know of anybody that has ever balanced ATV tires.

wckedclownz69
10-05-2009, 07:10 PM
its prob your front wheeel bearrings... my raptor had same prob.. ide check your a-arm bearrings and seals as well

rob_990
10-05-2009, 07:38 PM
did you lift the rear end and see if it was something there

Bill Martin
10-05-2009, 08:50 PM
Try rotating the tires.

250x_kyle
10-05-2009, 09:34 PM
possibly a bad tie rod end as well