PDA

View Full Version : 2011 450r

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

ThePhantomRider
10-05-2009, 03:53 PM
It's going to be impressive. Not only has Honda met the performance bar for their next 450r, which most expect...while having the standard Honda durability, they have surpassed all others on the market.

To add to the already impressive package, they are using the extra time they have left to further refine the quad and test it even harder to minimize the usual first year glitches...(slamming clutch and tranny components, running the motor hot, slamming landings etc...)

i have to tell you that you'll be amazed at the progress they have made, no longer will it be Honda-The best quad once you build it up...to Honda-The best quad stock or built...period.

I need to go back out there and check it out further.

TPR

motofreak2772
10-05-2009, 04:00 PM
ok... you told us this same bs last time. sorry but I believed you before and you let me down. I need some proof to believe you now. maybe a sneak peak pic?
btw who are the test riders and what have they said about it?

ThePhantomRider
10-05-2009, 04:11 PM
I have not let you down...Honda decided to hold off on the release until the current model is sold out. The economy also dictated this because they felt that they would be better served selling the current model out as opposed to starting the new one and cutting prices even more on the old one. Again, the quad is already done, now they simply have time to work further on durability. It's been tested in the Baja deserts, eastern woods and various private tracks. You could ask Joe Byrd about it but he's contractually obliged not to say anything until release. No test rider for that matter can.

Any image released would be tracked to it's origin by Honda. they know who has seen the bike and when so if you post something they can come back and sue you. I do not have a contract with them but I can tell you that if I was to post a picture, they would trace it back to the source by which I came into my information and they would be in trouble.

They are not like Can-Am....this post alone will not upset them, but pictures are a big no-no.

BTW my track record for predictions is fantastic.

TPR

desratt
10-05-2009, 04:32 PM
yea that is why they dropped joe byrd and all the other riders....
they would keep them since it will only be alittle while till a huge release...

ever heard the saying S2

it means sit the f*** down and shut the F*** up

i hate this bs some one posts about every 2 weeks about some inside info bull.

ThePhantomRider
10-05-2009, 04:56 PM
Doesn't matter if Joe was dropped. He got paid to test as is anyone who ever tests new quads and they usually get paid quite well.

As for S2..."S" Squared. You really should research me and my history on the internet both here and on other atv forums and you'll find out that I have been almost always spot on or very close in my predictions and forecasts for sport atv's.

So while you may believe that you are funny using profane language in an attempt to talk trash and being intimidating...understand that: First, you are attempting to start an argument on the internet...lowest form of "combat" out there. Second, you are attempting to argue with me, and as many, many other people have discovered that's a dang near impossible mountain to climb. When released, make your judgement then...I will once again be proven right.

Have a wonderful day.

TPR

10-05-2009, 04:59 PM
Pics or ban, atleast PM me with them. Otherwise I dont believe a word you said. It would be nice to have something crazy released that topped all others and thats what I hoped for but without some proof this is just another rumor.

73watermutt
10-05-2009, 05:16 PM
I hope he is right and it is one bad ***** quad!

Kilroy
10-05-2009, 05:22 PM
So, are we talking aluminum frame, fuel injected, 50 inches wide and over 10 inches suspension travel? Any idea on the weight?

Thanks!

ThePhantomRider
10-05-2009, 05:32 PM
Ban me unless I provide pictures? Great concept but in practical application is not plausible. I have done nothing wrong and those who think that simply because pictures are not posted means I am not telling the truth is hilarious.

I, before anyone else, called the Raptor upgrade to an EFI 700 motor and all new combination metal frame. No one had even mentioned it as a possibility. I was called every name in the book till 2 weeks later when it was announced.

I was monitored for years by Can-Am about my information on the DS...I was too accurate in my thoughts on what they should do. They watched every post and I was told, I made them very nervous.

I also called the Kawasaki use of an aluminum frame and EFI motor when I discovered they had sent 3 Cannondale frames to Japan for testing.....2 years before it's release.

Even recently, I saw a "drawing" of the new YZF 450 and said if it were as the picture showed it would have a tank mounted airbox, lower tank and front to back intake-exhaust (a-la Cannondale) layout.

I have others, but that's a taste...I am darn good at this...period!

Remember, you should not dream of the view at the top of a mountain you simply have no hope in climbing, it's always better than you think, and you'll never get to experience it first hand.

TPR

ThePhantomRider
10-05-2009, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy
So, are we talking aluminum frame, fuel injected, 50 inches wide and over 10 inches suspension travel? Any idea on the weight?

Thanks!

Yes to all....except the 50".

Quads don't need to be 50" to handle excellent. It's a number made up to cover up flaws in design. The DS, properly set up at 48" works better than most others at 50"

Weight will be in the lower range of the 450 class. Probably not the lightest to insure durability but it will be low enough not to be a big difference. Bodywork is very different too. It will again show the way for other sport models of the future.

TPR

BLU82
10-05-2009, 07:13 PM
It might even have bold new graphics!!!!!:eek2:

jkiserracing
10-05-2009, 07:18 PM
well all that would be great...........but

......isnt a prediction just a guess????

We know that they wont go backward in their technology so it would be easy to say they will do things that will "out-do" their competition.....not just match it...so this wonderful prediction you have is just your own "guess" ...it has no real proof or merit except to you or who may want to believe it...and who knows they may do all these things......

As far as asking Joe Byrd.......well....OK.....i was at his riding school a little while back and after day one some of the riders (myself included) had questions for Joe about things in the sport new models etc......and he basicly was hoping for something good in 2010......he was on his last few 05 models.....so maybe a few weeks ago he was hoping your prediction was spot on too......but now.......dont guess it matters

rollie
10-05-2009, 07:47 PM
If its not 50in wide then your still going to need a-arms and an axle. and if its true i hope they didn't make more retarded looking alien space ship plastic like the 400ex.

I guess only time will tell if its the next 450 to have, hell we wont even know for 11 more months so im not holding my breath!

fastredrider44
10-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Keep it narrow. Woods racers and trail riders make up the biggest portion of the market and don't want something wide.

coryatver
10-05-2009, 08:25 PM
EFI!!!:( I hope your wrong

k265r
10-05-2009, 08:42 PM
hondas efi rules the rest.

motofreak2772
10-05-2009, 08:59 PM
k I got an idea. Tell us what the light/hood will look like. If it turns out like you say than you prove your point about you knowing things lol.
Do you think this bike is going to be such a step forward that people will drop their quads for this new technology or will it just be another new quad to choose from?
All I care about is having a strong and capable engine, strong/light frame, and nice looking plastics I guess since thats pretty much all that will stay stock on the bike anyways. Oh and a regularly shaped seat(we have to add that to our wish lists ever since yamaha messed theirs up)

10-05-2009, 09:54 PM
as long as its flux capacitor equiped i will buy it. "you all know the germans make good stuff" lol

atv fan 28
10-05-2009, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
as long as its flux capacitor equiped i will buy it. "you all know the germans make good stuff" lol as long as it hits 1.21 giga watts i will be happy! lmao

10-05-2009, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by atv fan 28
as long as it hits 1.21 giga watts i will be happy! lmao

thats more than the standard 1.16! I bet it will haul with that kind of upgrade!

Ellingsoc26
10-05-2009, 10:59 PM
This guy is right next year Honda is going to make them all look retarded. I have talked with two very good sources and they told me the samething. Honda has a ton of the current model and once most are gone they will have the new one come out next year. All he was alouded to say was everyone else will look dumb lol

loons
10-05-2009, 11:03 PM
You mean dumb like the new 400ex or the 700xx?

Scro
10-06-2009, 07:43 AM
You guys should really pay attention to what TPR is saying. I don't know where he is getting his info, but all of his posts in the past about new product releases have been spot on. If I'm not mistaken, he was the first person that said anything about a KTM quad. He also nailed the fact that the CAN-AM would have a frame with geometry unlike any other, and be pieced together instead of welded.

I felt the same way about him, with his first "predictions". But after he was right the 2nd and 3rd time, I began taking his word for it:p

I think I may save the link to this thread for when it is released;)

Juha_Kankkunen
10-06-2009, 08:10 AM
I believe in what TPR tells, and you should.

Kilroy
10-06-2009, 09:37 AM
ThePhantomRider:

I need a new quad for next summer and I am going to buy a 2010 YFZ 450R next May if Honda doesn't get the 2011 out early! Do you think they might release it before next September?

I don't know if you can answer this question or not is the frame pieced together or welded?

Thanks!
:D

ThePhantomRider
10-06-2009, 10:50 AM
Look I am not here to piss anyone off, and yes, anyone can go out and make predictions.

Here are the facts. There will be EFI, there will be an aluminum frame, welded together. Suspension should be the cream of the crop etc.

Honda didn't take their approach of meet the bar and improve durability, they, for once decided to use their Honda know how to go back to the 80's and be the bar that other companies strive to reach.....Quality, durability and performance.

Oh, and I am 100% sure the graphics on this puppy will be bold, and new!!!

TPR

ThePhantomRider
10-06-2009, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy
ThePhantomRider:

I need a new quad for next summer and I am going to buy a 2010 YFZ 450R next May if Honda doesn't get the 2011 out early! Do you think they might release it before next September?

I don't know if you can answer this question or not is the frame pieced together or welded?

Thanks!
:D

Eh, probably not till mid summer at best. They want to clear out at least 80% of their current 450 inventory.

The reason it was not released is simple, the economy sucks, sales are down and they have a glut of existing models. Just look at their website, it tells you all you need to know, nothing new, not even graphics and the L.E. model is exactly the same as last year. That means there is no new production right now, they are tooling up for the new bike and should have ample supply when it's released next year as opposed to the standard one here and one there that always happens when a new model comes out. It's all right there for you to see.

TPR

ThePhantomRider
10-06-2009, 10:56 AM
Oh and the reason it's not 50"...no matter if you race MX or Woods, you will either have to widen it or make it narrower, you will buy a-arms...that's just the way it is. So a great handling 48" bike is just right.

Oh, and the factory steering stabilizer similar to the MX bikes will be a nice addition. There's a nugget for you, not the run of the mill EFI, frame material etc wish lists...

TPR

10-06-2009, 01:39 PM
PLEASE tell me they are using KYB shocks and a steering dampener.

73watermutt
10-06-2009, 01:43 PM
If all is true then it would be one bad ***** machine. I was really thinking about switching to a KTM 450XC this winter.

loons
10-06-2009, 02:19 PM
I believe in TPR aswell. I know how companies are. Me and my company built the ktm test track a few years ago out here in CA. I was one of the first to see the ktm xc and sx quads. I had to sign a confidentiality agreement that if broken, would bring severe legal action. I actually recieved a call letting me know I could release what I knew about the xc model, and I was one of the first general public to ride one. It was cool. I was not allowed to ride the sx model as they were still developing it. Keep us posted TPR.

troybilt
10-06-2009, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by atv fan 28
as long as it hits 1.21 giga watts i will be happy! lmao

"when this baby hits 88 miles per hour your going to see some serious shyt..."

Keep the info coming.. hopefully its not $10k+ either!!

ThePhantomRider
10-06-2009, 05:13 PM
PLEASE tell me they are using KYB shocks and a steering dampener.

Yes and highly probable. I'm almost certain a stabilizer and to answer the shock question, look at what the all new CRF is running....KYB.

KYB has done a lot of research since Can-Am came out with the DS450 and make some fantastic "aftermarket" style shocks and their stock units are awesome.

Personally I would have liked to see them team up with Bilstein or Fox..throw some floats up front or something. Bilstein also had developed some great ATV shocks as well, but that's just me.

TPR

wckedclownz69
10-06-2009, 05:38 PM
how he is talking this crazy new machine is going to be 10k ++

ThePhantomRider
10-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Nope, it will be priced right...what I have said doesn't push it to 10k...

TPR

wckedclownz69
10-06-2009, 09:22 PM
cheap and beastly?? whats the catch lol

10-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by wckedclownz69
cheap and beastly?? whats the catch lol

motor sold separately lol or full assembly required and its a completely new model so nobody has any idea how to put it together lol

turbo j
10-07-2009, 12:04 AM
All this feels just like 2003 / 04. Honda puts a hot new motor in their CRF dirtbike. Yamaha comes out with a cutting edge 450 but leaves some to be desired. Then Honda hits you with the TRX built right the first time. Except the 250R Yamaha is always first, Honda is always better...:cool:

Juha_Kankkunen
10-07-2009, 03:12 AM
TPR you have a PM.

racerx573
10-07-2009, 07:04 AM
With all the car mfg's going retro... Honda should do the same, and throw some 250R body styling on it... ahh the glory of 2 bolts to removed the fenders...

It would be like the C-dales with the Walsh 250R kits... lightweight aluminum frame.. EFI.. 250R looks/handling.. with the added reliability...

Hell, if they got smart.. they should do a friggin CRF linkage while they're at it, you'd think they'd get the point after it being used on the aftermarket for over a decade.. Yamaha, Can-Am, and Kawie are all using very similar-to-dirt-bike style linkages... now Hondas turn... So here we go..

Aluminum Frame
CRF Linkage
EFI
47-48" Wide
250R style plastic.

That would be a winner.

troybilt
10-07-2009, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by racerx573

Aluminum Frame
CRF Linkage
EFI
47-48" Wide
250R style plastic.

That would be a winner.

I'm all for retro-250r styling, If that were the case, I'd bye one the day they come available. I'm just too pesimistic to believe that any manufacturer actually knows what the customer's want. ...remember the 700XX :confused:, they threw a curveball, but I still love that machine.

ThePhantomRider
10-07-2009, 11:20 AM
MX style linkage is a yes.

Competitive weight leaning toward the lighter side, yes.

48" Yes

250r style plastics...no, but I love the idea...

TPR

troybilt
10-07-2009, 11:25 AM
What about slipper clutching?

Juha_Kankkunen
10-07-2009, 01:26 PM
I want a hydraulic clutch, at least hydraulic clutch lever.

MX450
10-07-2009, 02:57 PM
better linkage setup would be great, to me, honda already has a great machine to build on, but when you have to gusset the frame and put a new rearend on to handle good on the track it just gets expensive. A solid frame and rearend that just needs a good set of a arms and shocks would be great imo. That would keep down costs for rec riders, but still have a great platform for racers. Lets face it, you are most likely gonna buy a arms, look at the KTMs, they are race ready but people are still getting walsh and JB components.

John Noftsinger
10-07-2009, 07:54 PM
Its not going to out do any one of the brands its just competing now ,or what you would called getting with the times . love hondas/suzukis but honda been lacking in the sport atv market especialy when it come to updating ! the new 2011 450r is not out ,so there is no saying it going to be better till its out!

motomxman450
10-07-2009, 08:44 PM
so when can this be out at the earliest

jkiserracing
10-08-2009, 06:28 AM
He's talkin about 2011. Its 2009 right now. They haven't officially released the 2010's yet. Dang thats too far ahead for me. I can't keep up with what all I have to do this week much less a year and 3 months from now.

chad502ex
10-08-2009, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by John Noftsinger
Its not going to out do any one of the brands its just competing now ,or what you would called getting with the times . love hondas/suzukis but honda been lacking in the sport atv market especialy when it come to updating ! the new 2011 450r is not out ,so there is no saying it going to be better till its out!

Johnny,... your avatar signature telling everyone we grew up together in the same neighborhood as friends cracks me up....

That's funny as shiznit!

desratt
10-08-2009, 08:09 AM
they have OFFICIALLY released the 2010 trx 450r.... it has been posted many times.... they released a video saying there will be no 2010 because they have way to many 2009's in stock..

what this thread is saying is that the second the 2009's dwindle down far enough then they will release a 2011 model with new changes. now whether thats true or not honda has not said anything officially.

even though it is still 09 it is still possible but I wouldn't bet till atleast around april or later of 2010.( which isn't that far away).

just a note I ordered my 2010 ford fusion in 2008. and got it in the beginning o 2009.

ThePhantomRider
10-08-2009, 09:06 AM
It should be in showrooms by the September at the earliest. Late October/early November is generally when they start to hit the market, but if they get through the existing stock soon enough, you could see them out as early as September...

We are not talking about a quad that can drastically be better than what's out. There will be some innovations, but more of, see what works best, combine that into a complete package and make it work like a Honda should.

TPR

Speedyman
10-08-2009, 09:36 AM
So possibly sept. 2010 well see this bike?

mad715
10-08-2009, 02:13 PM
If this is all true, looks like a new Honda in my garage, sometime late 2010 or 2011.

Dave400ex
10-08-2009, 04:07 PM
This is interesting. Not sure about it though. Whatever they do most likely I'll get one. Just don't want to jump too soon, they will find issues. It's how easy they are to fix is what makes it worth it or not.

As far as width, they would be better off keeping it around 46"-47" because of trail riders. MX riders will get aftermarket a-arms anyways, no need to be wide.

450rJam
10-08-2009, 06:15 PM
how about a 49" compromise? and a link like gt thunder
stock fox floats would be almost too much to ask

I know alot of people want efi but the carbs now are so responsive
(and easy to work on) I would be happy leaving the carb on

fix the starter gear and put a battery in it that has enough power to start the dang thing if it stalls

stock damper would be great also

how about going back to the old ohtsu 400ex tires too?

RosquistRacer39
10-09-2009, 05:25 PM
I love these threads. TPR always causes a stir you would think he was a secret agent or something ha ha. He used to be big in the can-am thread but I have hardly seen him on here at all lately, where do you go TPR?

ThePhantomRider
10-09-2009, 07:22 PM
I head back to the rumor cave.

TPR

RosquistRacer39
10-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Ha ha would you give me the address?

Only thing that sucks is honda won't be able to bring it out til 2012 or 2013 cause its going to take that long to get rid of the old models ha ha.

400exBro
10-10-2009, 02:33 AM
kick start?
Please tell they will have a kick start model!

racerx573
10-10-2009, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by 400exBro
kick start?
Please tell they will have a kick start model!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Or an available option... this electric start stuff is for wimps and girls... (no offense ladies)

However the electric start is nice for riders with disabilities.

I think there should be options.

desratt
10-13-2009, 10:28 AM
any one see the info on the new yamaha bike..(2 wheels).. intake infront exhaust out the back. it does a loop before the muffler.. filter is infront and above most of the gas tank. throttle body is mounted so air goes down through it.

HondaATC500X
10-14-2009, 10:41 AM
This sounds good...but I've lost a lot of faith in Honda over the years. I don't know if they have it in them to make a totally kick *** product anymore. They've gone too yuppie and content to be on an equal playing field with the rest of the OEMs.

I don't think they have it in them to bring a total revolutionary product to market again like they did 3 times in the 1980s.

ThePhantomRider
10-14-2009, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by desratt
any one see the info on the new yamaha bike..(2 wheels).. intake infront exhaust out the back. it does a loop before the muffler.. filter is infront and above most of the gas tank. throttle body is mounted so air goes down through it.

Some people and I were toying with relocating the airbox up there on a DS 650. Makes sense now with efi, the fuel pump can send fuel from anywhere.

Put the tank that has fuel...which is weight down low, move the airspace up higher where you get a better charge of cool air and get it up further away from any flooding...ideal.

TPR

desratt
10-14-2009, 04:43 PM
fuel pump is in the tank too. like a car...
now what I want to see is closed loop injection. and direct injection..

teddy_82
10-28-2009, 11:05 PM
honda needs to go with an efi but ther thoery is if it isnt broke dont fix it

SHIFTx450
10-29-2009, 09:37 AM
HONDA!!!

joedirt
10-30-2009, 10:25 PM
Does this TPR even own a quad. Last time I read any post on him he didn't. Go back to your hole. 48" EFI,Al. frame, different plastic This quad is going to be f'n wacked crazy smacked up shizzle I don't care to read the nonsense but it sucks me in.

ThePhantomRider
10-30-2009, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by joedirt
Does this TPR even own a quad. Last time I read any post on him he didn't. Go back to your hole. 48" EFI,Al. frame, different plastic This quad is going to be f'n wacked crazy smacked up shizzle I don't care to read the nonsense but it sucks me in.

Hi Joe, I own a Rhino, I have owned ATV's and ATC's going back to 1982. I have ridden virtually every high performance quad ever built and have had a hand in development of various atv products as well as worked with Honda a few years back with regards to their first ever LE 450's. My track record is excellent in this area and I have the people and the posts to prove it. Skeptics are still out there and that's fine. However, I am right and I will be proven right.

TPR

coryatver
10-31-2009, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by ThePhantomRider
Hi Joe, I own a Rhino, I have owned ATV's and ATC's going back to 1982. I have ridden virtually every high performance quad ever built and have had a hand in development of various atv products as well as worked with Honda a few years back with regards to their first ever LE 450's. My track record is excellent in this area and I have the people and the posts to prove it. Skeptics are still out there and that's fine. However, I am right and I will be proven right.

TPR

you worked on hondas LE 450s so you are the one that decided putting a flaming sticker on the hood made it a LE? lol

ThePhantomRider
10-31-2009, 09:19 AM
Actually, I voted against the flame graphics. By the time they decided to do the L.E. models, the whole flame motif had gotten a bit long in the tooth. Flame shirts, flame this, flame that...told them they were about 3 years past the peak...but they did it anyway.

TPR

fhrtrx450r33
10-31-2009, 11:10 AM
So when do you think any real info will be released on the new 450? Well when will Honda announce anything? I loved my 04 and really wish I wouldnt have got rid of it. If everything if going to be like you say then Ill be buy one of the new 450s

RideRaceLive93
10-31-2009, 03:53 PM
i gotta question will it look like the 400ex becouse they redisigned it and i was assuming the new 450 would come out that year but there was a problem but i now know the problem is too much stock

desratt
11-01-2009, 11:08 AM
my local dealers are all pretty much out of stock.. so i'm hopeing...

they did say they can get me kicker which I am amazed cause in the past it has been like pulling teeth.

GoldenRider450r
11-03-2009, 09:14 PM
good to know they are switching over to efi (carbs are easier to work on, of course) this should mean better throttle response. anyone know if they are doing anything special with the colors?

jkiserracing
11-04-2009, 06:11 AM
Yes, the colors should be bold......and new......

hendershot106
11-05-2009, 12:05 PM
only thing i have to add to this thread TPR is the fact that its kinda hard now to find a "new" 09 Trx450r Kickstart bike...leftover Electric start bikes are plentiful tho... and that ive heard first hand from dealers months ago that honda just plain was NOT shipping or selling bikes... which was clearly evident when i tried to find a kickstart bike... it was a big pita.... so i jumped ship to the "blue squad" and have been severely impressed.

To your credit TPR, my info can add to your "theory".... plenty of bikes sitting at the dealer.... honda not shipping bikes because of no one at warehouses...letting orders compile for 8 weeks just to fill a damn semi truck.

I hope you are right TPR. Honda needs to step up and step out.
and regain the reason most ppl bleed red, ride red, and race red; because they are losing more and more by playing DEAD.

y2jay
11-05-2009, 01:58 PM
this is what was said from the guys i no
48+ alum frame EFI AND PEP shocks

liljhall09
11-05-2009, 02:01 PM
its not even fuel injected

hendershot106
11-05-2009, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by desratt
my local dealers are all pretty much out of stock.. so i'm hopeing...

they did say they can get me kicker which I am amazed cause in the past it has been like pulling teeth.

odd....dealers around wv...ohio.... all have a *****load of elec starts and no kickers....and we are not even that far from marsyville ohio either...

Dave400ex
11-05-2009, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by hendershot106
odd....dealers around wv...ohio.... all have a *****load of elec starts and no kickers....and we are not even that far from marsyville ohio either...

Ever since 06, the kickers have been hard to find for sure. I know a dealer in Indiana who has a brand new leftover 08 kicker.

Lquad71
11-06-2009, 04:36 PM
is the 2011 going to be a kicker or elec.???

quad2xtreme
11-09-2009, 04:40 PM
You can be 100% sure it will have electric start.

Question is will kick start be an option.

chrisrzz1012
11-11-2009, 04:35 PM
I heard from some sources that the next 450r with will be different then the current one ( 2009) I also heard that the 400x will be different too.

KEVIN132
11-11-2009, 04:43 PM
its so easy to convert dont us this as a excuse anyone!! just buy one and love it!!:devil: ride red till dead!!!

chrisrzz1012
11-11-2009, 04:57 PM
I only ride Red. I got a 2002 400ex, 2003 400ex, building another 400ex race only, and going to restore a 250r.

liljhall09
11-11-2009, 05:24 PM
all i got to say is it wont be out for while , and its similiar to the ones we already got ! thats was said from someone who already has one ;) and no i dont have one

quad2xtreme
11-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by liljhall09
all i got to say is it wont be out for while , and its similiar to the ones we already got ! thats was said from someone who already has one ;) and no i dont have one

Based on info out there already, it wouldn't be out until late 2010 after the current inventory is dried up enough. TPR has proven to be damn near dead on with his "predictions" though about features. I totally doubt it is anything near what we have right now.

chrisrzz1012
11-11-2009, 05:38 PM
I agree with you on that he seems to know alot on info more then my sources ( ex-fact. riders)

liljhall09
11-11-2009, 09:24 PM
lets just say i have a credible source :)

XCRACER26
11-18-2009, 08:37 PM
As a side note, the dealer in my area is letting 07-09 450rs go for $4500 brand spanking new, they went to some whole close out deal and bought like 40 of them suckers

GoldenRider450r
11-19-2009, 04:43 PM
Let me start off by saying I LOVE my trx and wouldnt want to ride anything else. Read on.

I wish honda could/would make a race ready quad right out of the box like the ktm, ltr. even if they did a major suspension upgrade on the R, throw in a steering stabilizer and/or some fat bars or something along those lines. it probably would be more expensive out of the box but less face it, a stock trx450r is a far cry from its true potential. they take alot of money to be competitive but not everyone has the ability to dump serious cash on suspension, axels, beadlocks and so on and so forth. Especially after you spend thousands on the actual quad itself. Maybe honda could offer the race ready quad and the normal R similar to what yamaha is doing with yfz(mx quad, trail quad).

I understand this sport is very expensive and in order to have a truely badass quad and be competitive, your going to have to spend the $$. I just feel honda could be doing SO much more to make that quad better...thats my opinion. please comment and keep the flaming to a minimum because I know there are people out there who will disagree. Thanks for reading.

warr72
11-19-2009, 05:05 PM
I just went and bought a 2009 DS 450 xxc and you can see in my signature I own a 2008 Honda 450 ER set up for the woods. Now the power in my Honda is way better than my Can-Am. But, yeah here it comes, the Can-Am is loaded from the factory and the suspension is sick to say the least. I got my Can-Am for 5,000.00 with the extra mx shocks, tires and rims. Last year i paid a touch over 6,000.00 for my TRX bare bones, but it is a limited edition. :rolleyes: I have only had my Can-Am a few days and the way you have to ride it is totally different than the TRX. In open tracks the TRX kills the Can-Am, but in the tight nasty stuff the Can-Am is the killer. Oh and my race partner has the new Yammi and it stays behind either one of the above two. So I think it comes down to what you like to ride and how much money you got to throw into it to make it suit your needs. So there are short comings to any quad you buy no matter how setup it is from the factory.

Black Sheep
11-20-2009, 08:38 AM
There has been a lot of speculation about Honda and there plans/reasons concerning the 2010 trx 450R and some other models they offer.

Truth is Honda just built a whole new state of the art factory that is the reason behind all this.

In one of there boldest moves the Gold Wing, long produced in America, will now be built in Japan.

Don't count Honda out just yet.

Miguel1994
01-25-2010, 05:12 AM
Is all this truth?

Because I really want some inovation about Honda.
Is this going to be better than any quad on the market?

Miguel Marques

quad2xtreme
01-25-2010, 05:27 AM
I would just be happy if they welded more skidplate mounts to the frame so we didn't have to have aluminum pieces wrapped around the frame.

And would it hurt to put a couple more skidplate mounts on the swingarm to better reinforce the skidplate?

OutlawBill
01-25-2010, 11:50 AM
TR has it that Honda will have an announcement in February

miles Machine
01-25-2010, 07:11 PM
I hope i wanna see something new

161xchonda
01-25-2010, 07:31 PM
I have yet to figure out why everybody is so biased to the kick start. Sure, it starts faster than an electric start when bone stock. But has anybody ever tried putting dual batteries in an electric start? I've seen that set up out start a kicker at many races. And the new 2011 450r sounds like it is going to be a sick quad. I can't wait to see it.

miles Machine
01-25-2010, 07:38 PM
i like the electric start for the simple reason that when you at the end of a race dead *** tired and can barely muster up enough to kick her over.....its nice to only have to push that button....but to each there own

Lquad71
01-25-2010, 07:52 PM
the reason for the kickstart is that you lose a lot of weight..at a high level your do notice the amount of weight you lose

161xchonda
01-25-2010, 08:04 PM
You notice 5 more pounds on a quad that already weighs roughly 380 pounds? I find this very hard to believe. I myself can not tell any type of weight difference between my electric start/kicker quad, and my buddies kicker only quad.

Lquad71
01-25-2010, 08:37 PM
well thats you..some people notice every small change done to their quad...

and u cant forget about reliabilty...no worries about a kick start not being charged or if you used it too much it wont die on you.

miles Machine
01-25-2010, 08:47 PM
it can break ive seen it happen lol

Lquad71
01-25-2010, 09:12 PM
well yea anything can break

I was just giving some points on why some poeple would take kick over electric...

racer 557
01-25-2010, 09:57 PM
One reason is to save weight my opponion tho is they should do the kick start a option like how it is for yfz and could purchase the conversion kit for kick start but I personnelly have both on my 04

KEVIN132
01-26-2010, 04:30 AM
well 10 lbs is a HP is the rule basically . so lbs def do matter even if its just a few.. thtas why body weight is just as important:D

Ruf Racing
01-26-2010, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by KEVIN132
well 10 lbs is a HP is the rule basically . so lbs def do matter even if its just a few.. thtas why body weight is just as important:D

^^ True Dat ^^ The most inexpensive mod you can install on your quad. Lose the FAT ***! :macho :devious:

motomadman
01-28-2010, 11:06 PM
I was forced to sell my built LTR a year ago due to unavoidable circumstances. I am now in the market for another mx quad and have been leaning heavily towards a KTM 505SX. Do you guys think this new 450R will be worth the wait and will it be a step above the KTM? I know the R will need arms, shocks etc. Aluminum frame and efi sounds good but if I wait for the Honda I wont be able to ride this year. Thanks

Stryker1513
01-29-2010, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by motomadman
I was forced to sell my built LTR a year ago due to unavoidable circumstances. I am now in the market for another mx quad and have been leaning heavily towards a KTM 505SX. Do you guys think this new 450R will be worth the wait and will it be a step above the KTM? I know the R will need arms, shocks etc. Aluminum frame and efi sounds good but if I wait for the Honda I wont be able to ride this year. Thanks

Having owned a KTM, they will be extremely hard to beat. Should be interesting. KTM has def set the bar for others to produce a more race ready quad.

hotrodhonda400
01-31-2010, 09:18 AM
yeah they had a left over kicker at M and E honda in bedford Indiana It sat next to the 700XX I bought :D

quad2xtreme
01-31-2010, 11:18 AM
wouldn't it be nice if a manufacturer could come out with a "race" quad that was missing a-arms, shocks, axle, swingarm & linkages, steering stem, bars, bumper, rear grab bar, wheels, tires?

Be nice and small for shipping too.

racer 557
01-31-2010, 12:46 PM
thats a good idea dude like you said have it in a crate you go buy and add your parts that would be alot cheaper for the racers

bean2080
02-01-2010, 03:02 PM
thats a awesome idea, hopefully one day its like that...

kono993
02-03-2010, 07:45 AM
i have a video of the 2010 honda trx450r on my youtube
www.youtube.com/user/kono993
it will be in the side bar
and subscribe!

miles Machine
02-03-2010, 07:49 AM
thats not a 450r in that video its a 700xx

kono993
02-03-2010, 08:22 AM
i thought i put it in there...

miles Machine
02-03-2010, 08:26 AM
well if you have footage of a new R YOU NEED TO POST IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

Scro
02-03-2010, 10:04 AM
There is no 2010. If there is, it's just a 2009 model with the model sticker replaced.

WesYfz450
02-03-2010, 06:23 PM
Does anyone have a release date or dealer show date?

rollie
02-03-2010, 06:27 PM
i would guess september

Scro
02-03-2010, 06:35 PM
The rumor mill has it that Honda has something to release this month.

Ruf Racing
02-04-2010, 07:58 AM
Where is the PhantomRider, when we need some info?

Miguel1994
02-05-2010, 02:00 AM
Yea you are right.

TPR come here and say somethig about it.

ThePhantomRider
02-06-2010, 02:01 AM
Would not surprise me one bit for Honda to drop some info out of normal announcement cycle since this quad has been ready to go for months now. If supplies of existing models are starting to thin out they could very well do an early release with the new 450. Frankly I've been too busy to talk to any of my moles but will try to do so next week.

TPR

Miguel1994
02-07-2010, 11:41 AM
Do you think that when they have sold the actual 450 Stock they will star selling the new one? Or they will continue producting more old models?

Is gone the new 450 be a beattifull quad, or just a good but not beatufiull ATV?

Miguel Marques

ThePhantomRider
02-09-2010, 11:12 AM
They stopped producing 450's a while back.

The new quad takes what is out there and attempts to improve on it in every way. Obviously we won't know the outcome until it is released but expect a few new things to become standard on this quad that weren't before.

TPR

OutlawBill
02-09-2010, 03:16 PM
my SWAG on Intro ATV Expo this weekend or Bike Week at Daytona

One_Bad_400
02-09-2010, 09:45 PM
I hope she lives up to all this hype, i'd hate to ride a yami http://www4.shoutmix.com/smileys/argh.gif

what doesnt bother me about the wait, is it will be bullet proof just like every other Honda. they beat they're crap and give us the best they have.

miles Machine
02-09-2010, 10:25 PM
thats what ive always said you cant beat the reliability of a honda

racer 557
02-10-2010, 12:00 AM
That's a very good point!!!

Miguel1994
02-18-2010, 05:35 AM
Does somebody know something new?
What motor it will have?

Miguel Marques

OutlawBill
02-18-2010, 05:59 AM
Honda has started to release info on new 2011 but not the 450r yet just utv for now

froggyboy88
02-19-2010, 04:41 AM
any news yet phantom?

rdj450
02-19-2010, 08:07 AM
i'm all ancy in my pancy

OutlawBill
02-19-2010, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by rdj450
i'm all ancy in my pancy TMI :eek2:

racer 557
02-19-2010, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Miguel1994
Does somebody know something new?
What motor it will have?

Miguel Marques

as far as i have heard same design as now

Miguel1994
02-19-2010, 02:10 PM
When you refer to the same design you refer to the fenders or for the motor design?

If is for the fenders is good because it has a good look, but if it is for the motor is bad because it is to hold.

specifie your answer please.

Sory about my English I am portuguese and I have only studied 5years in school.

Miguel Marques

MX450
02-19-2010, 07:00 PM
the guy asked about the motor, and the response was pretty much the same as now, so im pretty sure its a similar motor

Miguel1994
02-20-2010, 01:46 AM
That is not good?

Am I right?

The actual motor sucks.

honda450rpower
02-20-2010, 03:18 AM
TPR....any ideas on a-arms and if we will be able to use the after market a-arms we have now on the new bike or if all new specs?

TPR?

motomxman450
02-20-2010, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by Miguel1994
That is not good?

Am I right?

The actual motor sucks.

You keep asking the same thing over and over, and you are wrong these motors don't suck, I ride Suzuki and u will admit that. They are super easy to work on can put down great hp numbers and are very reliable, so no you are wrong so just chill out and wait untill somthing is released . Stop posting over and over just to get you post count higher.

kaw45026
02-20-2010, 06:40 AM
My last two hondas were junk. 400ex 450r should never sold my 88,. now I ride a kaw 450 and fits me perfect and doesn't fall apart and break in half.

Scro
02-20-2010, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by kaw45026
My last two hondas were junk. 400ex 450r should never sold my 88,. now I ride a kaw 450 and fits me perfect and doesn't fall apart and break in half.

Kawi section --> you --> go

motomxman450
02-20-2010, 08:03 AM
If you go to the atvriders home page under news Honda just early released the utility atv lineup maybe the sport ones are soon to come.......

Miguel1994
02-20-2010, 12:36 PM
I am not asking over and over to have posts I am just impatient.

Miguel Marques

honda450rpower
02-20-2010, 03:52 PM
TPR can u answer this question will we be able to use the same aftermarket a-arms that we have now on an 06' and up 450r on the new 450r or are the specs diff?

sc400ex_rider
02-21-2010, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by kaw45026
NOT YET WAIT A YEAR the factory headers crack. the the rear sprockets break off, the rollover sensors come lose LOL :blah: :blah:

ThePhantomRider
02-21-2010, 08:46 AM
I don't know if you can use the same stuff, I know that 250r arms can be used on the 4ooEX, but I would venture to guess that you might be able to use them on the new R.

Personally I have been too busy to worry about this much right now. Got much bigger fish to fry, but as I said before, if/when I hear something, I'll post it.

Oh, and there will be new plastics for sure, all new look.

TPR

Juha_Kankkunen
02-22-2010, 03:05 AM
Well, if Honda has just released their Utlity line-up, i suppose we won't have to wait too much to see the Sport line-up, i hope.

Or maybe they release their Sport line-up without the 450r and we have a few months more to speculate.

One_Bad_400
02-22-2010, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Juha_Kankkunen
Or maybe they release their Sport line-up without the 450r and we have a few months more to speculate.

that sounds about right

OutlawBill
02-22-2010, 09:09 AM
just to stir the pot a little 450xx :eek:

OzLinc
02-22-2010, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by OutlawBill
just to stir the pot a little 450xx :eek:

I've suspected that the "new" 450R would be IRS for a while......

It's just like Honda to release a quad with everything people have been asking for and one big thing they haven't.

Linc

joedirt
02-22-2010, 10:24 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ThePhantomRider
I don't know if you can use the same stuff, I know that 250r arms can be used on the 4ooEX , but I would venture to guess that you might be able to use them on the new R.

Personally I have been too busy to worry about this much right now. Got much bigger fish to fry, but as I said before, if/when I hear something, I'll post it.

TPR

Wrong

One_Bad_400
02-23-2010, 08:17 AM
[QUOTE]
[B]Wrong

I have flip flopped 250r and 400ex arms. worked for me

ThePhantomRider
02-26-2010, 09:35 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ThePhantomRider
I don't know if you can use the same stuff, I know that 250r arms can be used on the 4ooEX , but I would venture to guess that you might be able to use them on the new R.

TPR

Wrong

Perhaps some clarification, the 400ex arms I had came from a 250r jig. I do not recall if they were exact or so close that adjustments to the jig were minimal. (I realize that a small variance is deemed big) but you get the point. If the aftermarket is smart in their jig design, they could make 250r and 400ex arms from the same jig.

Rich250RRacer
02-26-2010, 01:34 PM
This is starting to feel like 1989 all over again. Waiting and waiting for a new model.

For those who still have OEM fenders on their 450R's, look on the underside of the left fender for the molding date. Every one I've seen, clear back to '04 plastic, has '09 as the last year. Coincedence? Maybe, maybe not. Looks like Honda knew when it was going to end the production run even back then.

joedirt
02-26-2010, 04:37 PM
Perhaps some clarification, the 400ex arms I had came from a 250r jig. I do not recall if they were exact or so close that adjustments to the jig were minimal. (I realize that a small variance is deemed big) but you get the point. If the aftermarket is smart in their jig design, they could make 250r and 400ex arms from the same jig.

250r a-arms will not fit onto a 400ex frame.

ThePhantomRider
02-26-2010, 05:18 PM
God, never mind...

Here's a better answer....Honda has "Honda" geometry, that winning formula they have used since the 250r...Expect the front end geometry to be very similar though updated with some improvements in suspension action, handling and yaw. It will still be close to the typical Honda formula which in many people's opinion has been the gold standard.

How's that??

TPR

joedirt
02-26-2010, 05:25 PM
God, never mind...

Here's a better answer....Honda has "Honda" geometry, that winning formula they have used since the 250r...Expect the front end geometry to be very similar though updated with some improvements in suspension action, handling and yaw. It will still be close to the typical Honda formula which in many people's opinion has been the gold standard.

How's that??

TPR

Did you figure that out on your own or did your corporate connection tell ya that?

OzLinc
02-26-2010, 07:12 PM
Did you figure that out on your own or did your corporate connection tell ya that?

He didn't figure it out on his own and there is no corporate connection. All the jerk does is speculate and repeat info that is already out there. He did it with other models too.

All of the so called "facts" in this forum have been published in that wonderful piece of "fiction" called Dirtwheels over a year ago.

Everything here is speculation and people (usually Phantom) talking through their date.

Linc

dustin_j
02-27-2010, 06:57 AM
250r a-arms will not fit onto a 400ex frame.

Just so everyone quits arguing...250r a-arms will fit on a 400ex; I have some on mine (it was done before I bought it). You need to shorten the bushing tubes to fit into the shorter 400ex frame mounts. However, I have noticed that the upper ball joints are not angled correctly (on mine) to allow for the down travel I want; therefore, I have to run shorter shocks at the moment.

Please continue...

IRISH-RACER-14
02-27-2010, 08:05 AM
this thread is a load of bull****
i wanna see some proof that there will be a new 450 from honda in 2011. not some bull**** from some stranger.

Smoker
02-27-2010, 12:03 PM
Why not get your panties in a bunch, it's all speculation until they make the announcement, especially regarding how conservative Honda is. Hopefully TPR is spot on, it's about time for Honda to shake things up since the basic 450R design hasn't changed much since 2004. It's been an awesome machine but I think we're all more than hungry for something new. I rarely check exriders daily but since the teaser of a new 450R, I've been checking it daily but you can't get all bent about it!?

benroels
02-27-2010, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Smoker
Why not get your panties in a bunch, it's all speculation until they make the announcement, especially regarding how conservative Honda is. Hopefully TPR is spot on, it's about time for Honda to shake things up since the basic 450R design hasn't changed much since 2004. It's been an awesome machine but I think we're all more than hungry for something new. I rarely check exriders daily but since the teaser of a new 450R, I've been checking it daily but you can't get all bent about it!?

Great post Smoker.

I notice many "newer" members are the ones questioning TPR. How foolish. Do a little homework and you will see he is the Nostrodamus (sic) of new release sport quad predictions.

I'm just still stoked ya don't have to build a 20 grand hybrid.

racer 557
02-27-2010, 10:34 PM
did anyone see the 750ex in dirt wheels could the new styling be somelike that??

Jersey450R
02-28-2010, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by racer 557
did anyone see the 750ex in dirt wheels could the new styling be somelike that??

That sounds like an early April fool's joke, lol :D

joedirt
02-28-2010, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by dustin_j
Just so everyone quits arguing...250r a-arms will fit on a 400ex; I have some on mine (it was done before I bought it). You need to shorten the bushing tubes to fit into the shorter 400ex frame mounts. However, I have noticed that the upper ball joints are not angled correctly (on mine) to allow for the down travel I want; therefore, I have to run shorter shocks at the moment.

Please continue...

You had to modify 250r a-arms to fit your 400ex and now you have to run shorter shocks? sounds like the perfect setup.:rolleyes:

dustin_j
02-28-2010, 05:54 PM
You had to modify 250r a-arms to fit your 400ex and now you have to run shorter shocks? sounds like the perfect setup.:rolleyes:

Note, the previous owner had to. I was just giving more details to end the argument. TPR was righth, if better ball joint angles were incorporated, the same jig could be used for both sets. Unfortunately, not the case with my arms.

joedirt
02-28-2010, 07:18 PM
Note, the previous owner had to. I was just giving more details to end the argument. TPR was righth, if better ball joint angles were incorporated, the same jig could be used for both sets. Unfortunately, not the case with my arms.

So you're saying the a-arms don't fit

dustin_j
03-01-2010, 06:51 AM

Nevermind. Let's get back to waiting on Honda.

CannondaleRider
03-01-2010, 10:18 AM

He's saying they're not perfect because the balljoint angle on HIS PARTICULAR A-ARMS, are not ideal. Hard concept to comprehend apparently.

If you were smart with your jig setup, you could have a balljoint angle universal to EX/R... along with giving the ability to have two seperate sleeves to mount the same arms into either chassis. Not hard....

Also, I'm with everyone else.... TPR has been pretty spot on with everything I've seen in his predictions. There's been haters with every prediction too, but he usually ends up being right... or at least mostly right.

hendershot106
03-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Nevermind. Let's get back to waiting on Honda.

Thats a Lifelong endurance battle lmao... waiting on honda....

miles Machine
03-01-2010, 01:23 PM
yes it is ive been waiting since 2008

hendershot106
03-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by miles Machine
yes it is ive been waiting since 2008

At this point in time...they would have to build a 60 hp stock bike that actually lasts...has aluminum or chromoly frame...and is actually mx setup.....TO get any more of my money.

miles Machine
03-01-2010, 01:27 PM
id like mx set up stick with steel or chromoly frame not a big fan of aluminum. and deff. EFI im an electronics geek lol

racer 557
03-01-2010, 06:36 PM
i think they should offer 2 versions
this being kick start mx ready stance
and electric xc ready

IF this thing comes out and is narrow im going to try to get it

ThePhantomRider
03-01-2010, 11:04 PM
Yeah, I don't really know where Joedirt's issue lies but that's ok. See when I got my 400ex arms made, the measurements were so close, the jig used was only altered slightly, and one of those alterations was to accommodate the longer shocks I was running. While not ideal, you can swap them...that was the question, wasn't it?

Anyway, to all the Johnny come lately's...I will tell you this, you look here, and on other sites, I have put myself out there more than most and have been right far more than I wasn't. Once released, if you asked a Honda rep when the new 450 was completed, they will tell you that it has been ready for MONTHS now...it's money my friends, plain and simple. Supply and demand was bad, so instead of leaving tons of old R's on the floor, they got rid of them and will announce the new R this year.

TPR

ThePhantomRider
03-01-2010, 11:11 PM
Now for some facts...

When the current Raptor 700 came out, I called it weeks in advance, 700cc fuel injected motor with a hybrid frame.

When Kawasaki was a rumor, I said it was going to be an aluminum frame (wonder why 3 cannondale frames were shipped during development) Hell I even gave the location of where the first spy photos were taken....

DS 450 was in my mill for years, I told everyone that it would be so different no one would understand what I would describe....the only reason it fell short and you heard it here...THE DS 450 was developed as a 250cc 2 stroke and they had to change to a 450 because of AMA rules. You want to know why they have issues with the cast "hips" it's because they were not developed for a heavy, torquey 450...furthermore, the weight originally was near 300 pounds so everything had to get beefed to handle the weight.

Oh, and long before rumors came out in Dirty Wheels or any other mag, I told you all that Suzuki and Kawi were working on 250cc performance quads...know what delayed that? Economics...may not see daylight now.

I think that those here that know me this is just basic fact.

Will Honda be the best? Who knows...but they are trying.

TPR

benroels
03-01-2010, 11:35 PM
My prediction? They will announce this quad in about 2 to 3 months as a 2011 quad. Right after the majority of the R's are gone. Just a guess though.

ThePhantomRider
03-02-2010, 12:34 AM
It's a good guess....

TPR

OzLinc
03-02-2010, 05:46 AM
Now for some facts...

When the current Raptor 700 came out, I called it weeks in advance, 700cc fuel injected motor with a hybrid frame.

When Kawasaki was a rumor, I said it was going to be an aluminum frame (wonder why 3 cannondale frames were shipped during development) Hell I even gave the location of where the first spy photos were taken....

DS 450 was in my mill for years, I told everyone that it would be so different no one would understand what I would describe....the only reason it fell short and you heard it here...THE DS 450 was developed as a 250cc 2 stroke and they had to change to a 450 because of AMA rules. You want to know why they have issues with the cast "hips" it's because they were not developed for a heavy, torquey 450...furthermore, the weight originally was near 300 pounds so everything had to get beefed to handle the weight.

Oh, and long before rumors came out in Dirty Wheels or any other mag, I told you all that Suzuki and Kawi were working on 250cc performance quads...know what delayed that? Economics...may not see daylight now.

I think that those here that know me this is just basic fact.

Will Honda be the best? Who knows...but they are trying.

TPR

The best lie is hidden between 2 truths.......you re-write history to suit yourself.

eg: there is a manufacturer that is making a 750cc v-twin sports quad.

If you wait long enough it will come true OR ecconomics have changed their mind.

Your full of it.

stoopidbot
03-02-2010, 06:30 AM
Phantomrider, you're a tool. Don't try and act like you have some inside knowledge. What's next? Did you design the KTM's for them?

Scro
03-02-2010, 06:51 AM
I don't understand why y'all are so bitter about him having info. He's been right on almost every other thread he's posted about this kind of stuff. Why doubt him now?

stoopidbot
03-02-2010, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by Scro
I don't understand why y'all are so bitter about him having info. He's been right on almost every other thread he's posted about this kind of stuff. Why doubt him now? I truly hope he is right. I have no clue about his previous "predictions" but this 450 he is claiming is no secret. The same 450R has been rumored since 2008 when the 09's were being produced. I'm just so tired of people making these claims to have inside info when in reality they are just calling out the progression of the vehicles. So basically from what i can see, he just calls out some upgraded version of a current machine. Then the MFG's wanting to make their machines better go to the new technology and happen to do what would logically be the next thing to upgrade. And that means he made some killer prediction in the ATV world???

ThePhantomRider
03-02-2010, 03:37 PM
Look, the naysayers out there have all come, they've all gone and no one can ever dispute that in recent years, no one has been as accurate (not perfect) as I have in revealing things about new quads that has not been listed in Dirtywheels or any other rag for that matter.

History 101- When Can-Am originally set out to target another sport segment they really looked in 2 directions....the 400ex, Z400 market and the exiting Banshee market. Test mules were built with a 400cc four stroke and a twin cylinder 500. They were seen by a few testing at Glen Helen sporting Honda plastics just for engine testing. They were scrapped when the YFZ came out.

Now the prevailing thought then was you could still run a 250 two smoke in the 450 class, so the DS250R project was born. With that chassis, power plant and all the goodies they developed, it was going to be a killer quad. Around 300 pounds, easily the best handling, most maneuverable quad on the market. Test riders raved about it being almost as flickable quad ever. THEN, the AMA declared 250cc quads ineligible to race in the 450 class, sooo the decide to stuff a new 450 into the existing chassis, make some tweaks and viola, the DS 450 was born.... Still light and revolutionary, but as you've seen, a host of issues had to then be addressed...
That's the reason they used the existing head, they didn't have time to develop a new motor so they Frankensteined one up, got close and said we gotta roll with this because KTM had beat them to the punch.

Now, you can call that BS but it is fact and you get an insider off the record that has been with Can-Am long enough, they will back my statement up.

Now let's see what Honda has done with all their information.

TPR

sparks 450
03-02-2010, 05:18 PM
I also have a insiders on the new 450r and i only can say tpr will prove he is right. we can' t say to much because of legal reasons. So dont be hating cause you dont know

motomxman450
03-02-2010, 06:37 PM
Trp I think you have alot of haters but how muchexactly can you say I can't wait for this to come out, do you know when the release date or anything will be?

Jersey450R
03-02-2010, 06:47 PM
it will have a more narrow frame, stock stabalizer, fatbars, antivibe stem, decent shocks similar to the YFZR's (neither long or st travel), a little wider not much. bold new graphics too. the tank will be redesigned to flow with the bike more and expect decent tires on it.

rollie
03-02-2010, 08:31 PM
Any idea if the oder 450R a-arms and rear ends will work on the new bike?

miles Machine
03-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Jeesus christ this thing is being beat to death with the same questions over and over again........................MODS PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD

Ex_Rider43
03-02-2010, 10:40 PM
No dont !

there are many idiots in this thread but TPR is not !

the 2 stroke DS may seem funny now but it is 100% true and does exist. The 'hips' thing is also true but they invested so much money into this new thing that a complete redesign for the 450 motor was out of the question.

For the one that likes to build the best race ready 450 from the ground up , the 450r is the one to get but every new guy wants something with the latest special feature thats why you see more and more of the other brands now. With something totally new Honda will get more sales but of course they need to get rid of the '09-10 models.

Smoker
03-03-2010, 07:40 AM
Chances are beyond the wheels, most things won't bolt up. When they change designs, I believe it's to help stimulate the aftermarket community. I just hope they have decent a-arms and steering stem, honestly they could have been building that stuff a lot better than they have over the years. How many Yamaha's have you seen with a-arms ripped completely off or Honda bushings that are shot as soon as you put new ones in. Everything is so blatantly overpriced in this sport, they could at least build things with a little bit of durability. I took a new 450r and replaced all the suspension components and finally wore out a front bushing after 5 years of riding and racing. Granted, I'm not a kid anymore that gets to ride daily but still, tinker toy components on a 7K+ machine p*sses me off!

jkiserracing
03-03-2010, 08:13 AM
This has certainly been some good reading.
Well I don't know anything about anything Honda (or anyone else for that matter) is planning on coming out with. When and if they do....most likely I won't be able to buy a new unit just yet anyway. But it does give me something to look forward to (buying used) later!! :p

Jersey450R
03-03-2010, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Jersey450R
it will have a more narrow frame, stock stabalizer, fatbars, antivibe stem, decent shocks similar to the YFZR's (neither long or st travel), a little wider not much. bold new graphics too. the tank will be redesigned to flow with the bike more and expect decent tires on it.

oh yea EFI too, sorry.

ricks450
03-03-2010, 07:45 PM
I sure hope honda does something differant. They can do better then every body else, they always have in the past. the 250R was the king what 4 10 years. And if they do make it as Bad *** as he saying. Im selling my 05 and going 2 get 2011. :D :blah:

racer 557
03-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by ricks450
I sure hope honda does something differant. They can do better then every body else, they always have in the past. the 250R was the king what 4 10 years. And if they do make it as Bad *** as he saying. Im selling my 05 and going 2 get 2011. :D :blah:

that makes 2 of us!!

miles Machine
03-03-2010, 10:33 PM
3 of us

fastrider450r
03-04-2010, 07:05 AM
4 of us

kono993
03-04-2010, 07:25 AM
same if its going to be rellay good ill sell my 06 to get the 2011

rpfeifer11
03-04-2010, 07:29 AM
There is no way I would sell my 05 for a new one.

Scro
03-04-2010, 08:57 AM
The only way I would sell mine for a newer one is

...if all my aftermarket stuff will transfer over to it. I've got way too much money in my setup to start over from scratch.

OR

...the stock stuff is sufficient like all the stock KTM components are.

jkiserracing
03-04-2010, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Scro
The only way I would sell mine for a newer one is

...if all my aftermarket stuff will transfer over to it. I've got way too much money in my setup to start over from scratch.

OR

...the stock stuff is sufficient like all the stock KTM components are.

x2 on what he just said!

Quadevil
03-04-2010, 12:58 PM
They can do better then everybody else, they always have in the past.
Times have changed man...

ricks450
03-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Quadevil
Times have changed man... And they keep changing!

Quadevil
03-05-2010, 07:30 AM
And they keep changing!
What i mean was, the competition is much tougher now than it was then.

motomxman450
03-07-2010, 09:55 AM
Does anyone have April 2010 dirtwheels? On page 35 they show a concept Honda 250 and I think that's what's going to be put in the 450. It will have a crf motor with a lot more power of the floor. Dirtbike inspired plastics, and aluminum mid section frame..... That's just my guess but we will have to wait and see.

miles Machine
03-07-2010, 09:58 AM
april fools

Jersey450R
03-09-2010, 04:23 AM
expect the new 450R to have a chromoly frame.

rpfeifer11
03-09-2010, 09:05 AM
Chromoly? Why?

One_Bad_400
03-09-2010, 09:46 AM
it already has a chromoly frame?

fastredrider44
03-09-2010, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
it already has a chromoly frame?

Not exactly.

rpfeifer11
03-09-2010, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
Not exactly.

x2

motofreak2772
03-09-2010, 04:40 PM
What are the frames made out of now?

Idc what it is made out of as long as it is light and strong. BMX frames are made out of chromoly and can weigh as light as 4lbs. Obviously quad frames will be bigger with more material and need to be a little stronger but I dont see why they dont produce lighter frames.
How much do the honda frames weigh now? and which manufacturer has the lightest one?

One_Bad_400
03-09-2010, 04:57 PM
what do you mean by not exactly?

Rich250RRacer
03-09-2010, 06:26 PM
what do you mean by not exactly?

He means the current 450R frames are mild steel, not chromoly.

fastredrider44
03-09-2010, 07:23 PM
I believe KTM frames are the only stock fourwheeler with Chromoly frames. I could be wrong though. LSR afrtermarket frames are chromoly though.

chrisrzz1012
03-10-2010, 11:09 AM
The Gas Gas has a chromoly frame as well. I heard that the new 450r would be a fuel injected like the dirt bike. Plus other things too.I heard it would be all new. Not only will the 450r be all new. Lets say new 400x too.

troybilt
03-10-2010, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by chrisrzz1012
The Gas Gas has a chromoly frame as well. I heard that the new 450r would be a fuel injected like the dirt bike. Plus other things too.I heard it would be all new. Not only will the 450r be all new. Lets say new 400x too.

Any chance of a cfr250r or derivative winding up in a frame as a production quad anytime soon?

chrisrzz1012
03-10-2010, 01:52 PM
Not from Honda in the near future. Only one I see coming out will be the Apex quad with the CRF-250

troybilt
03-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Not from Honda in the near future. Only one I see coming out will be the Apex quad with the CRF-250

Care to share any "dirt" on the new 400x? just for curiosity.

ThePhantomRider
03-11-2010, 10:39 AM
No mild steel for the 4 fiddy for sure.

400ex? I honestly have not been following it, but I can snoop around.

TPR

fastredrider44
03-11-2010, 12:08 PM
What about Aluminum? Tell me the frames aren't aluminum.:o

And how much longer are we gonna be waiting here? I know of a lot of places that no longer have any 450Rs, or even ERs for that matter.

One_Bad_400
03-11-2010, 01:29 PM
why dont you want aluminum?

ThePhantomRider
03-11-2010, 04:39 PM
The people that don't want aluminum will make a good argument that it's easier to make repairs to any steel frame. You have to find a very good welder to make repairs to an alloy frame.

IMO (this in no way reflects what Honda is doing) that if you manage to make a frame out of steel and keep the weight down like an aluminum frame then go steel.

The problem you can have with an alloy frame is that if it isn't designed right you lose the weight savings to be strong enough to last by adding extra material to the frame.

TPR

fastredrider44
03-11-2010, 04:43 PM
Although I know plenty of good TIG welders that could weld up a frame, it's not nearly as easy to tig a frame as it is to stick a mig gun and run a bead or two without taking everything apart. A chromoloy frame is the way to go IMO.

Quadevil
03-11-2010, 08:09 PM
Chromoly is the way. Keeps the weight down, it's resistant and durable.
KTM got that right...

One_Bad_400
03-11-2010, 09:41 PM
well the way i see it. you will never find a dirt bike frame broke (yes it has alot to do with the suspension, but still, its motocross, every frame takes the same jumps and bumps) and as far as i know, i havent seen any KFX450 frames break.

my 450r frame, i've welded up probably 10+ times. i want a new way out. and dont want to switch brands, i would love a aluminum frame.

i dont know much about chromoly so i cant say yay or nay.

Smoker
03-12-2010, 08:53 AM
I was under the impression most aluminum frames aren't any lighter since they generally use more material to meet the strength of steel? When the YZ450F went to an aluminum frame the bike was a few pounds heavier than there previous steel model. I've read the key advantage of an aluminum frame is that it's stiffer? Just what I've read over the years, feel free to correct me.

fastredrider44
03-12-2010, 08:56 AM
i havent seen any KFX450 frames break.

my 450r frame, i've welded up probably 10+ times. i want a new way out. and dont want to switch brands, i would love a aluminum frame.

I have some pictures of a basically brand new KFX that broke nearly in half.

Once you start welding, your frame is fatigued. Once a frame is as stressed as what you're describing, it's done. You could gusset it, but it would probably break right next to the gussets. I know from experience, as I have a junk frame at home right now. Best thing to do is pick up another frame and put all your stuff on it.

florentino
03-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Smoker
I was under the impression most aluminum frames aren't any lighter since they generally use more material to meet the strength of steel? When the YZ450F went to an aluminum frame the bike was a few pounds heavier than there previous steel model. I've read the key advantage of an aluminum frame is that it's stiffer? Just what I've read over the years, feel free to correct me.
can am frame is super lite. but its junk after a year it will twist or break and its the worse atv ever i have one. the can am will blow the honda stock for stock but a race honda its cheaper,faster and more realiable. you can find a honda frame for 250 all day try 1400 plus tax. the new yamaha frame is a good frame, the kfx frame is strong but some thing dont feal good.
and i dont see any kfxs at the races to see them break.
ktm is a good frame. but no efi for 11k ..

florentino
03-12-2010, 10:52 AM
well the way i see it. you will never find a dirt bike frame broke (yes it has alot to do with the suspension, but still, its motocross, every frame takes the same jumps and bumps) and as far as i know, i havent seen any KFX450 frames break.

i dont know much about chromoly so i cant say yay or nay.
atvs dont take the same abuse not even close. its more like 4 times more. and dirt bikes have been making frames for a long time atv frames are still not perfect. thats for all atvs
yes once you put streess on your frame get rid of it.

florentino
03-12-2010, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by motofreak2772
What are the frames made out of now?

Idc what it is made out of as long as it is light and strong. BMX frames are made out of chromoly and can weigh as light as 4lbs. Obviously quad frames will be bigger with more material and need to be a little stronger but I dont see why they dont produce lighter frames.
How much do the honda frames weigh now? and which manufacturer has the lightest one?
can am is the ligthes frame, 6 pounds less then the kfx

chrisrzz1012
03-12-2010, 11:01 AM
On the 400ex I seen and found out ( great sources). The 400x will be fuel injected plus have 450r type shocks. But I seen 2 types of 400x's one with the reg. motor and one with a liquid cooled 400 motor. As for the 450r I saw and found out it could be alum. or chromoly. But they are leaning to alum. for cost reasons. But I heard that it will look alot like the 400x style plastic. Plus other things I said in last post.

Scro
03-12-2010, 11:02 AM
I would take a frame that's 15 pounds heavier as long as it's easy to fix. And I say that because they are all going to break eventually.

There are riders that are 100 pounds difference in weight, and we are worrying about a couple pounds lighter on the frame?? Seems kind of silly to me.

chrisrzz1012
03-12-2010, 11:05 AM
These sources said to me that both quads will put them back on top of there cats. Also Honda also saw how the 700xx was a bust. That too will be all new too. Just wait alittle for Honda your wait will be worth it.

03-12-2010, 11:06 AM
I would love to know where this info is coming from. Every year someone does this, in hopes they will be correct and everyone will say wow that person does know there stuff. Without pictures and info from Honda I do not believe any bit of it. The new 250EX will be liquid cooled from their CRF250 dirt bike, twin GT35r turboed with a factory port and polish, 50" wide with Elka Elite suspension 15" of travel up front and 12" in the rear. The 450r will remain the same :D Seriously though pics or ban.

IRISH-RACER-14
03-12-2010, 11:12 AM
I would love to know where this info is coming from. Every year someone does this, in hopes they will be correct and everyone will say wow that person does know there stuff. Without pictures and info from Honda I do not believe any bit of it. The new 250EX will be liquid cooled from their CRF250 dirt bike, twin GT35r turboed with a factory port and polish, 50" wide with Elka Elite suspension 15" of travel up front and 12" in the rear. The 450r will remain the same :D Seriously though pics or ban.

i agree with u. their was rumors about suzuki making a new 250 similar to their ltr..bull**** is what i call it all

florentino
03-12-2010, 11:20 AM
These sources said to me that both quads will put them back on top of there cats. Also Honda also saw how the 700xx was a bust. That too will be all new too. Just wait alittle for Honda your wait will be worth it.
the honda 700 was a bad idea. they went back on that one.
sure they won baja, cause the top riders race it, i rode that was bad.

Scro
03-12-2010, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by florentino
the honda 700 was a bad idea. they went back on that one.
sure they won baja, cause the top riders race it, i rode that was bad.

I'm surprised no one ran these in the U2 class in GNCC. Maybe if they ditched the IRS, more people would ride/race them.

chrisrzz1012
03-12-2010, 01:21 PM
My sources are pretty much truthful. One is a owner of a huge Honda dealership, A couple of people for Honda, and some friends who race Honda's. I seen and rode some of them wanted one of the machines. As for no pics we all know Honda is with pics of new atv's. As for a CRF-250 based atv not right now. I was told of a 230 based one maybe. I was told that economy has alot to say on all of them mainly all new 400x and 230 based one.

03-12-2010, 01:54 PM
My sources are pretty much truthful. One is a owner of a huge Honda dealership, A couple of people for Honda, and some friends who race Honda's. I seen and rode some of them wanted one of the machines. As for no pics we all know Honda is with pics of new atv's. As for a CRF-250 based atv not right now. I was told of a 230 based one maybe. I was told that economy has alot to say on all of them mainly all new 400x and 230 based one.

ahahahaha because of course owners of Honda dealerships, thousands out there mind you have direct ties with R&D and are informed on everything! Dealers dont know **** until its very soon to release.

Miguel1994
03-12-2010, 02:30 PM
Dealers know it.

My cousin sells many Hondas here in Portugal and he told me that there will be a new 450R. It was supose to be realased this year but they needed to sell the actual one.

miles Machine
03-12-2010, 10:04 PM
ive worked at 2 dealerships and when a new product comes we get tols at the same time the customers do lol like stated before dealers dont know ****

motomadman
03-12-2010, 10:38 PM
The 700xx is not the best woods quad stock(XC KTM?), but with front arms, shocks All The Way Around, exhaust/programmer and a serious diet(I have already shaved over 20lbs of junk with more soon) it is IMO the BEST woods quad available. It just needs some goodies then it is a completely diffrent animal altogether and feels slightly heavier than a LTR to me once its lightened up. Its about 460 dry not 505. For MX I am real anxious to see the new 450r, aluminum frame and efi would seal it, if not the KTM SX is probably at the top right now.

Smoker
03-15-2010, 02:35 PM
The 700xx is not what everyone was hoping for because a Honda 700cc swingarm sport quad would be insane. They were trying to break into the IRS market which I still feel in time, if IRS sport quads evolve, they will be something to talk about.

Rich250RRacer
03-15-2010, 05:24 PM
I was speaking with a very reliable source, with many ties to the ATV and motorcycle industry, at a race yesterday. I brought up the "new" Honda, and I was told "don't hold your breath". The fuel injection for this quad has been finished for almost five years, and that's about all that's set in stone. Apparently, there are still warehouses full of left-over models, and Honda has no plans to release anything until stock is depleted. This person said the same thing I posted a few weeks back, it's starting to look like 1989 all over again. Which, if you can figure out what that means, you'll know we could be in for a long wait. Hopefully my source has been misinformed, I would really like to see something new.

Smoker
03-16-2010, 12:11 AM
Honda is a super conservative company business wise, they won't do anything unless they are going to make money. Given the shape of the economy and sales slumps, it would make sense that they won't release anything until they sell there stuff at full market value. The thing is, with all the Honda loyalists, we'll keep buying there dated stuff with tinker toy components while the other companies become more moto worthy. It sucks.

boosted3g
03-16-2010, 08:20 AM
I think they will release it in september since there are so many 450s still on the sales floor. I dont think that they are going to sell like crazy when they are released either because you can still be competitive with the current models. I still see every manufacturer with sales floor full and its not because people dont want them. They are going to need to be really good to even make me consider trading mine in or buying a new one.

wild250rman
03-17-2010, 06:56 PM
Food for thought;I remember in 1990 when everyone was talking about and looking forward to and rumors were going around about a new 250r but it ended up being the 250x in 1991. so is this a repeat of 1990 and the end of the 450r and should we be out buying up all the 450's we can find. Honda has definitly flooded the market with them was it because of the economy or the end of another era of sport/race atv's for Honda.

Smoker
03-17-2010, 07:15 PM
They won't stop making the 450R, the sport has gotten way too big for that.