PDA

View Full Version : Clear Rad Tubing

rossfnwalker
10-05-2009, 03:04 PM
OK I SEE THAT SEE THRU RADIATOR TUBING FOR BANSHEE'S AND DIG IT BUT IN A HYBRID APPLICATION THIS WILL NOT WORK BUT I FOUND ALL OF THESE TUBING'S THAT LOOK LIKE THERE RATED TO DO THIS ANYONE TRY THIS IS IT THIS SIMPLE OR AM I MISSING SOMETHING?

AND THERE ARE SOME THAT LOOK LIKE THEY WOULD EVEN WORK FOR MY OIL LINES HERE IS A LINK AT WHAT I WAS LOOKING AT THERE ARE HUNDRED'S OF OTHER TUBES ON THIS SITE TAKE A LOOK TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK

http://www.mcmaster.com/#tubing/=3xk39o

rossfnwalker
10-20-2009, 04:02 PM
ANY ONE ? I'M GOING TO TRY IT ANYWAYS BUT WOULD LIKE SOME INPUT

jcs003
10-20-2009, 04:41 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=401001

hybrid.mx.11
11-04-2009, 08:21 PM
i found some clear braided but the temp only goes to 175 so somethin bad would prolly happen if i throw them on my built crf motor pm me if ne1 thinks different

kodymx13
11-06-2009, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by hybrid.mx.11
i found some clear braided but the temp only goes to 175 so somethin bad would prolly happen if i throw them on my built crf motor pm me if ne1 thinks different

tried that. melted in 5 minutes.

thedeatons
11-08-2009, 08:29 PM
I bought the braided vinyl from Lowe's. Ran it many times. Multiple times in the dunes the coolant temp coming out of the cylinder head on my 265R was 250 degrees from running it too lean.... The tubing never melted at all... In fact I tried to stick a fork into it then and it wouldn't go.

The short answer is that the Lowe's braided vinyl works just fine.

James

hanzito
11-22-2009, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by thedeatons
I bought the braided vinyl from Lowe's. Ran it many times. Multiple times in the dunes the coolant temp coming out of the cylinder head on my 265R was 250 degrees from running it too lean.... The tubing never melted at all... In fact I tried to stick a fork into it then and it wouldn't go.

The short answer is that the Lowe's braided vinyl works just fine.

James

well the braided vinyl for lowes dont work worth crap. really rained on my parade last night at the season opener. my cr500 kept melting and blowing the lines apart. pissed my off. not following internet advise again on cooling issues.

kodymx13
11-24-2009, 07:02 PM
soooo you just put them on, went and raced and didnt try them?

hanzito
11-25-2009, 12:45 AM
No. I tried them out at home under idle and short sprints down the street. But never up to race tempo.

Zakradu398
11-26-2009, 11:58 AM
Would this work on say a 450 motor? I don't see why not since it works for the other bikes. Its for my yz450 if it makes a difference.

hanzito
11-26-2009, 02:14 PM
it might. but i wouldnt try it. the money i wasted. the only person i have seen say that it has worked for long term had them on a 250r atv. if it was me i wouldnt waste the money on the gamble. but if it worked it would be cool.

thedeatons
11-28-2009, 12:06 PM
It worked on my TRX250R... for quite a while with no problems whatsoever... Dunno why it didn't work for you.

I have seen my temp gauge pegged at 250 with the hoses on it, working just fine. I even poked the hoses to try to get them to rupture....

I have also seen AMA superbike teams use them in the past....

James

TORNADO
02-28-2010, 11:41 PM
I actually run the clear braided vinyl 1 1/4" & 1 1/2" hose at about 4' length each on my buggy with a 2.0 L Ford Pinto motor in it with no problems at all. BUT, it really isnt worth it. Because after a little while, the clear hose just starts to get discolored and hazed over on the inside. After a couple of months, it just starts to look like crap. So, I wouldnt waste my money on that if I were you, unless you wanna keep replacing the hoses every couple of weeks. Braided stainless steel lines look great and last a hell of a lot longer than any other.