PDA

View Full Version : FCR 39 mm jetting

lilpoppy
01-14-2003, 12:12 AM
I just got my FCR 39 mm carb and sparks x-6 exhaust and the carb came pre jetted. I plan on taking out the spark plug as soon as possible to check the color but im sure sparks knows how to jet so it should be ok but my question is when I start it up and it is cold it shoots out a lot of white smoke and as it warms up it still shoots out a verry small amount of white smoke. So little it is almost not noticeable. Is that normal and does that mean it is rich or lean? Also when im at a dead stop and I punch the throttle wide open it will stall and sometimes totally die. That is just the the air screw that needs to be adjusted right? Any help is appreciated.

lilpoppy
01-14-2003, 06:30 PM
Bump

mopar 400
01-15-2003, 01:19 AM
Check the plug, are prejetted fcr39 for the SPARKS X6 was a little lean. after richening the pilot jetand the main, it is dead on. I think we ended up moving the notch down one on the needle, and put a 168 main in, You are riding the same areas as I do, so check these specs out.

lilpoppy
01-16-2003, 06:40 PM
well i got it running pretty good now but i cant get rid of the stalling when I go WOT from a stand still. I tried richening up the pilot and adjusting the airscrew but neither makes much of a difference with the stalling. It basically feals like it is flooding. I looked on sparks site and they said this is normal but it can be adjusted to stop doing this. The only way i can go WOT from a standstill is if i rev it a little bit to kind of clear out the carb before i punch it then it works just fine. This isnt normal right? I havnt had time to try richening the main jet yet but i will give it a shot. How many turns out are you running your pilot screw?

nismo
01-17-2003, 05:32 PM
it could be a rev limiter it stops u from rev'ing it to fast (to prevent u from blowing it up)