PDA

View Full Version : Pro Production PROPOSAL

Extremeracer167
01-13-2003, 10:46 PM
Ok ppl listen up. At the annual meeting sunday morning after the GNCC banquet a few pros brought up the fact that they wanted to run aftermarket chassis in the Pro Production class. Now they would have to remain stock geometry, but can be made of cromoly, or i assume aluminum. Now the reason they want this is becuase the stock frames just arent holding up and SUPPOSEDLY its costing them more to keep buying stock frames, then going and buying aftermarket. but really how many stock frames can u buy in place one one aftermarket.....prob. anywhere bwtween 5-7. Now im no pro, but do u really think they go through that many stockers a year.......i dont. I know for a fact they dont. So what do u think, u really think that this would destroy the meaning of the Pro Production class? I know i do!If u want to check out my complete thoughts, check out what i wrote at ATV Scene. I spilled it all out there. Under the GNCC Section. Check it out and let me know what ya think!!

JOEX
01-13-2003, 10:59 PM
I know very little about the rules and regs of organized racing...but it seems to me if a racer can't fit into the rules of a certain class they should change classes.

Joe

Extremeracer167
01-13-2003, 11:09 PM
well the rules are pretty much as follows. Any 4 stroke production model can run in the class. Must use STOCK FRAME, and stock engine cases. U can run aftermarket Axle, swingarm, a-arms, suspension etc. But the Frame MUST REMAIN STOCK! Now, u can reinforce the frame(gussets) and paint it, but that is it! hope that helps to clear it up.

01-13-2003, 11:35 PM
From what your saying it sounds like the pro prod guys are trying to beat the pro class, and thats not what pro prod is about.

Too bad no one is ever happy, and now a new idea (the pro prod class) has taken off very well and is gaining fans but the riders want to change it.

I hope the AMA doesnt go along with this and keeps a distinct seperation between pro and pro prod.

just my .02

01-14-2003, 06:43 AM
Extreme did you hand out any tissue's to the pro's while the tears were fallin???

Screw that,,, they SHOULD run stock frames period...if they don't like the rules...sorry sucka run the 1st year class then ya big cry baby... I"m not gonna rant on forever about this,,but the rules should stay the same..if they do change it..whats the difference between pro and pro production besides stock engine cases???

I'll be sure to add my .02 to the ******** forum too..;)

exriderdude
01-14-2003, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Extreme did you hand out any tissue's to the pro's while the tears were fallin???

Screw that,,, they SHOULD run stock frames period...if they don't like the rules...sorry sucka run the 1st year class then ya big cry baby... I"m not gonna rant on forever about this,,but the rules should stay the same..if they do change it..whats the difference between pro and pro production besides stock engine cases???

I'll be sure to add my .02 to the ******** forum too..;)

i totaly agree;)

cdalejef
01-14-2003, 07:52 AM
And they are allowed to gussett their frames! I just can't see them going through that many frames either.

660bigdaddy
01-14-2003, 07:59 AM
i was waiting to see this topic come up on here. someone needs to move this to ex racing forum. after seeing curtis crumps raptor at mt morris, i dougt he's changed a frame all year or even washed it. when they came out w/ this class i thought it was a good idea. see what a stocker can be made into. but now it's turning into what i didn't like about the pro class.

Predator36
01-14-2003, 08:02 AM
If we the consumers are lucky, there will be some DNF's due to frames breaking in the Pro Production class. Then maybe the OEM's will take notice and build better.

MrP
01-14-2003, 08:09 AM
I dont think they should ever allow aftermarket frames in the Production class. What the he!! would be the point of even having it if they did.

cdalejef
01-14-2003, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by 660bigdaddy
after seeing curtis crumps raptor at mt morris, i dougt he's changed a frame all year or even washed it. Hehehehe...I've noticed that too!

660bigdaddy
01-14-2003, 08:29 AM
ya gotta admit, the guy is fast though... hey jeff can you guys make my tripple works w/ rezzies into ssd? just wondering. you can do it to the back stocker, right?

MEL
01-14-2003, 09:36 AM
big daddy, they can't do that to your shocks, quit asking.hehe, pm me about that. back to subject, a thought that the name of the class was PRODUCTION. if they're breaking that many frames they need to get someone that knows how to gusset to work on their frames. maybe they can start picking better lines, or quit hitting trees. or maybe suck it up, and quit whining.

cdalejef
01-14-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by MEL
big daddy, they can't do that to your shocks, quit asking.hehe, pm me about that. UMMMMM....Yes we can!!!

MEL
01-14-2003, 09:43 AM
jeff, don't tell him that. hes fast enough already.

cdalejef
01-14-2003, 09:45 AM
Ya, I know. I keep an I on him when he starts in the row behind me!

MEL
01-14-2003, 09:53 AM
maybe this year i'll be lined up right next to him at a couple gncc s.

MEL
01-14-2003, 09:54 AM
then we have to see if you can look in two different directions at the same time.

cdalejef
01-14-2003, 10:18 AM
You going mod?

Bart
01-14-2003, 10:44 AM
Not that it should matter (if it's a PRODUCTION class, use a PRODUCTION frame), what is the new GNC MX Pro Production class rule on frames?

If the GNCC decides to stick with its original rule (ie, must use a production frame), does this give the Cannondales an "unfair" advantage? Would this help Honda since it is much cheaper to replace a 400ex frame than a Z400 fame?

01-14-2003, 11:21 AM
Glad to see everyone is agreed on something, maybe a first :)

does this give the Cannondales an "unfair" advantage? If Cdale building a better stock machine or frame is an advantage then I cant see how that would be "unfair" and the other mfg's could start building better stuff if they wanted to represented in this class.

But by the results I have seen so far no it doesnt look unfair at all. :)

MEL
01-14-2003, 11:43 AM
jeff i thought you ran jr. ? you switching this year? if i go i'll run the old and bald class.

01-14-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by MEL
jeff i thought you ran jr. ? you switching this year? if i go i'll run the old and bald class.

Since I started racing GNCC's and decided to run the JR class,,Jeff got skeert i think and moved over to the 4 stroke mod class..:eek:

cdalejef
01-14-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Since I started racing GNCC's and decided to run the JR class,,Jeff got skeert i think and moved over to the 4 stroke mod class..:eek: Dang, he figured me out!

Since someone on here gave me a fro, I qualify to move out of the bald class!

660bigdaddy
01-14-2003, 12:31 PM
i want a job at the quad shop. besides busting ba11s on here, what do you guys do?. how long of a turn around would i have on my shocks jeff?:)

cdalejef
01-14-2003, 12:53 PM
LOL.... no more than a week then I ship them back to ya!

cjpoole1
01-14-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Fred
If the GNCC decides to stick with its original rule (ie, must use a production frame), does this give the Cannondales an "unfair" advantage? Would this help Honda since it is much cheaper to replace a 400ex frame than a Z400 fame?

No, If anything it gives them a "fair" advantage. One of the main reasons for a pro production class is to get the manufacters more involved.