PDA

View Full Version : Girls.. I really need your help here...

QuadJunkies
01-13-2003, 09:49 PM
WEll Im not expecting to get a bunch of replies on this subject since there arent many of us out girls there, and I fell kind of funny asking the guys, but ... Im really needing some new gear,and I have looked in Rocky Mnt and they dont have good styles or colors JMO..I have the Vixen catalog also, didnt care for them either.. Any other idaes where to find some gear, or even some other gear for the ladies that you could suggest.. I want to go with prol mostly Black very lil red and thats it if I can find those colors..Thanks for any advice you have.:)

Narly R
01-13-2003, 09:57 PM
Well Im not female, but if you want a little red but mostly black, Id say go with shift! I like their red-black jersey, and pants! Now I dont think there on the fenamen side, but just tryin to help!:devil

QuadJunkies
01-13-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Narly R
Well Im not female, but if you want a little red but mostly black, Id say go with shift! I like their red-black jersey, and pants! Now I dont think there on the fenamen side, but just tryin to help!:devil THis style was THE only one I found I DID like... never wore the baggie look before,so Im not sure about them ,I appreciate your help too,Thanks:)

MILF_HUNTER
01-13-2003, 10:14 PM
Try LBZ. They have an all black free ride pant. with the red and black jeckyl and hyde jersey. would be a nice lookin combo.
not all of LBZ's stuff is wild and colorfull they have some nice conventional gear too. they have tones of stuff to choose from too. As for baggie gear its hella comfy. there female line of clothes is pretty stylin too. check out the High-Biscus line.
Flesh gear has some nice stuff too. they have an all black cargo pant with some nice jerseys. sorry i don't know too much about regular motocross gear except the baggy gear. hope i helped

QuadJunkies
01-13-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by MILF_HUNTER
Try LBZ. They have an all black free ride pant. with the red and black jeckyl and hyde jersey. would be a nice lookin combo.
not all of LBZ's stuff is wild and colorfull they have some nice conventional gear too. they have tones of stuff to choose from too. As for baggie gear its hella comfy. there female line of clothes is pretty stylin too. check out the High-Biscus line.
Flesh gear has some nice stuff too. they have an all black cargo pant with some nice jerseys. sorry i don't know too much about regular motocross gear except the baggy gear. hope i helped MIFL~~any help is cool. maybe you guys were the ones I should have asked to begin with.. Just thought it seemed a lil funny asking a bunch of guys to help me pick my gear, but I guess you all know me pretty much now so I shouldnt huh..Ill check it out thanks...:D

Nausty
01-13-2003, 10:26 PM
what about oneal apocalypse? Thats what I used to have. http://www.tiresnstuff.com/on-p-a.html

MILF_HUNTER
01-13-2003, 10:29 PM
QJ. i was just browsing www.fleshgear.com and i was lookin at the Gladiator race pant. its hella nice and a race style pant. you can get it in black and red and the gladiator jersey as well to match. check it out if you want a race pant

ThorChick
01-13-2003, 10:30 PM
Tina ~ I wear Thor, but the colors I found were the core 4 purple/gold/white jersey. I could have sworn that LBZ had some cool riding gear out for women, but maybe it wasn't them. Some company has riding gear for women with a hawaiian print stripe going up the side of the pants. I thought they looked really cool.

Another good site that is fairly new is Sick Racing. I haven't ordered anything from them but I like the look they have going.

http://www.sickracinggear.com/

Good luck finding some new gear!!

QuadJunkies
01-13-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
what about oneal apocalypse? Thats what I used to have. http://www.tiresnstuff.com/on-p-a.html thats what I had in mind(or shift,but dang they spendy!)... You think this styles ok for a girl to wear??ever seen on one before? I looked in a few ATV stores and bike shops and none of the have them in stock to try them on for fit either...:(

QuadJunkies
01-13-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by ThorChick
Tina ~ I wear Thor, but the colors I found were the core 4 purple/gold/white jersey. I could have sworn that LBZ had some cool riding gear out for women, but maybe it wasn't them. Some company has riding gear for women with a hawaiian print stripe going up the side of the pants. I thought they looked really cool.

Another good site that is fairly new is Sick Racing. I haven't ordered anything from them but I like the look they have going.

http://www.sickracinggear.com/

Good luck finding some new gear!! DANG!! now I like ther epants.. but spendy!! :eek: why is it that womens gear is do much more than mens anyhow?? I do like this.. Ill keep lookin through the catalog..the pants seem to fit good.:D

FourFiftyFour
01-13-2003, 10:48 PM
I have a real hard time finding gear that will fit....... I'm 5'6" and 98 lbs.... a 24" waist...... i have pretty long legs so i defnitely have to have adult length..... but my primary colors are orange.. im gonna go with the Shift camo w/ orange gear... just might have to see if i can get someone to adjust the waist size after i get it. Im not really into the Vixen or the other ladies gear... no offsense.. but the pinkish purple of the new fox gear? come on! we're racin quads! not playin barbies! they need to make womens size clothing..... keep the same colors as the men's clothing! lol but thats just my opinion :)

QuadJunkies
01-13-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by 250xChick
I have a real hard time finding gear that will fit....... I'm 5'6" and 98 lbs.... a 24" waist...... i have pretty long legs so i defnitely have to have adult length..... but my primary colors are orange.. im gonna go with the Shift camo w/ orange gear... just might have to see if i can get someone to adjust the waist size after i get it. Im not really into the Vixen or the other ladies gear... no offsense.. but the pinkish purple of the new fox gear? come on! we're racin quads! not playin barbies! they need to make womens size clothing..... keep the same colors as the men's clothing! lol but thats just my opinion :) well I agree.. too many of those GOD AWEFUL colors out there..who was on drugs when they designed them colors anyhow?:rolleyes:Wow you are a very small gal...Im pretty tall , but not too tall I guess,even some of the mens pants wer too short.. go figurr..I have long legs but generally Men are taller than women..SO its tough to find the right gear...And it fits dif on a girl too.. I bet have a really hard time to find clothes...

01-13-2003, 11:41 PM
I guess you girls are not fond of pink :eek: then again that is a good thing :)

Are you sure you want to be wearing all that much black or any dark color in the desert? I thought you did a lot of dunning and I am thinking you will be "well done" with blk.

For you I might prefer Pink :D ;)

QuadJunkies
01-13-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by 440EX4me
I guess you girls are not fond of pink :eek: then again that is a good thing :)

Are you sure you want to be wearing all that much black or any dark color in the desert? I thought you did a lot of dunning and I am thinking you will be "well done" with blk.

For you I might prefer Pink :D ;) haha:devil pink huh... no comment..lmao..WEll yes gear will be a bit warm, but my gear I have now has alot of black in it too..Ill prol roast,i think alot of the gear is pretty ventilated,i was never too warm in mine,sometimes in the shirt(sometimes go with shotrt sleeves on hot days) ...but when we take all day or over night trips I ually peel them off and wear shorts around camp so I dont sit in my gear all day..

bansheeguy77
01-14-2003, 05:16 AM
fleshgear stealth cargo is the way to go...i got them their all black with some red like you mentioned....their sweet but 125 bucks. a chick i ride with has em and likes them....i think theres a combo special going on for pants and jersey. www.renegaderacing.com

brokeitin3
01-14-2003, 05:31 AM
Vctoria's Secret or Fredricks of Hollywood!:cool: I see all types of gear there for the ladies that looks really nice.

4punksdad
01-14-2003, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by brokeitin3
Vctoria's Secret or Fredricks of Hollywood!:cool: I see all types of gear there for the ladies that looks really nice.

LOL.........
do you ladies ride with the thong, or do you prefer the granny panties?

QuadJunkies
01-14-2003, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by brokeitin3
Vctoria's Secret or Fredricks of Hollywood!:cool: I see all types of gear there for the ladies that looks really nice. lol.......you bad...:p

QuadJunkies
01-14-2003, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by 4punksdad
LOL.........
do you ladies ride with the thong, or do you prefer the granny panties? lmao...:o :p ..... how about neither!:D ....uh,maybe something a lil in between..;)

Silverfox@C&DRacing
01-14-2003, 08:32 AM
I know exactly what you girls are going through.. When they started making the women's gear it was supposed to be bigger in the butt and thighs, for some that causes a problem when the guys gear is too big in the butt to start off!!! I decided to go with the LBZ High Biscus pant and shirt.. in the black the pants are very comfortable and are the lowrise style. The shirt they need to make bigger I normally wear a small or medium womens I got a large lbz shirt and I wish they had an XL.. This gear is also on the warm side not very breathable...
I do like the apocalypse that is what my husband wears... I like the crusty pants from flesh gear. The msr rage pants in black are ok as far as color goes haven't ever tried any on though The shirts are too wild for my taste..
Good luck finding some gear

QuadJunkies
01-14-2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by SilverFox
I know exactly what you girls are going through.. When they started making the women's gear it was supposed to be bigger in the butt and thighs, for some that causes a problem when the guys gear is too big in the butt to start off!!! I decided to go with the LBZ High Biscus pant and shirt.. in the black the pants are very comfortable and are the lowrise style. The shirt they need to make bigger I normally wear a small or medium womens I got a large lbz shirt and I wish they had an XL.. This gear is also on the warm side not very breathable...
I do like the apocalypse that is what my husband wears... I like the crusty pants from flesh gear. The msr rage pants in black are ok as far as color goes haven't ever tried any on though The shirts are too wild for my taste..
Good luck finding some gear Thanks.. I Will need gear that breathes..As 440ex4me mentiond.. I ride in a desert ares,so I cant have material that does not breathe..So LBZ rns there sizes pretty small huh??shirts will be my only problem in a womens shirt I think,so ae these companies good about if they dont fit you can exchange? thatcould get spendy too wioththe shipping Im sure...

cdalejef
01-14-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by 4punksdad
LOL.........
do you ladies ride with the thong, or do you prefer the granny panties?

cdalejef
01-14-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
lmao...:o :p ..... how about neither!:D ....uh,maybe something a lil in between..;) BOING!!!!

phatswinn
01-14-2003, 10:34 AM
ive always found that jeans are the best riding pants for me, i always rip the mesh stuff on the riding pants quick and when my jeans rip allitle it just means theres more air flow

redrocker
01-14-2003, 11:32 AM
My wife and I have fleshgear cargo
pants they unzip into shorts also
very nice $125.00

QuadJunkies
01-14-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by redrocker
My wife and I have fleshgear cargo
pants they unzip into shorts also
very nice $125.00 shorts huh...hmmm good to know..for down time at camp:)

Tommy 17
01-14-2003, 01:17 PM
i know fox makes girls riding gear... its blue and yellow and pink and white:p

QuadTrix6
01-14-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop

hey jeff is that pic doing what i think hes doing :huh LMAO

QuadJunkies
01-14-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by QuadTrix6
hey jeff is that pic doing what i think hes doing :huh LMAO Jeff has more of them funny smileys...:p :devil

flyin#5
01-14-2003, 03:05 PM
one site for this problem.......... BOBS (http://www.bobscycle.com)

cdalejef
01-14-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by QuadTrix6
hey jeff is that pic doing what i think hes doing :huh LMAO ROTFLMAO! He's rubbing his 2 index fingers together.

Nausty
01-14-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
thats what I had in mind(or shift,but dang they spendy!)... You think this styles ok for a girl to wear??ever seen on one before? I looked in a few ATV stores and bike shops and none of the have them in stock to try them on for fit either...:(

The apocoplypse gear is pretty breathable with it being baggy and the shirt runs half sleeves and is really "plasticy". Its not see through like the football jerseys and shift camo gear but I can hardly tell its on. Also when i ran apocopyse gear I had gotten a new exhaust without the heat sheild and a lot of it melted on the exaust but I don't know if that will be a problem for you or not. The shift camo gear has a zipper half way down the leg for when your in between races or as you said running around camp at night and also I don't have a problem with it melting on the exhaust.

About your ? tho I have no idea how baggy and black look on a girl because I never see many girls that ride. Honestly though I think it would be fine and I don't see what being a girl has to do with it seeing you can't really tell with the helmet and full body gear.

Rip_Tear
01-14-2003, 04:14 PM
Sorry to have to do this but... How hard is it to pick out a Bikinni? That is some nice riding gear, might be a little chilly at times :p :D Sorry QJ I just had to add that. Hope you find some stuff you like... I just wear my baggy (skater) jeans and a sweat top... The girl from www.sandtoyz.com has some nice riding gear... :D

Again sorry QJ

400grl
01-14-2003, 05:33 PM
Hey QJ! I know - picking gear is a pain for us girls......I have all kinds, so I can tell you which ones I like and don't like! I have the FOX 180 racepants right now - 28's fit in the waist, but they are REALLY short. If I don't have my boots on I feel like a dork. However, lots of room for knee pads, not too expensive, and they are comfy / breathe good. I also have Answer pants that DON'T breathe and have no knee room. Wouldn't suggest them. I've tried Thor, but they always make my butt look huge and don't fit right at the waist.

I have many jerseys - Fleshgear for when it's cold out (nice stuff), FOX stuff for racing (solid, partially vented, and fully vented for all weather) also have the SHIFT camo 3/4 length sleeve jersey.....very comfy, but your forearms get caked in mud when you race! I'd say the FOX stuff is the most comfy - but I don't by the girlie stuff. Don't like the colors.

I AM going to get freeride pants from someone - the ones I like are Fleshgear, Answer's Pro Berbanger's, Azonic even has kinda cool over the boot pants - and SHIFT has some cool ones - definately want the kind that zip off into shorts - for duning that will be GREAT! Dont' worry about the baggyness or the colors.....I love black. That's what I am shooting for this year, too. You will look great in whatever you get - as long as you like it and it's comfy! ( if anyone knows any offshoot brands that are well made but not many people have them, LET ME KNOW! I hate having the same gear everyone else does!)

Since we are women, just pretty much plan on whatever you order the first time not fitting! :D ;) Too bad there isn't a store where we can just go in and try all the brands on - huh?

Try www.gomxsouth.com for ordering your gear. They have an enormous selection, and their closeout prices are AWESOME.....I always buy stuff from them and get a great deal. They have never messed up an order and even bent over backwards to ship me stuff in time for a birthday.

OK - sorry this is so long - let us know what you get!:D

tants
01-14-2003, 06:02 PM
quadjunkies doesnt fox sell girl riding gear?
i have like 10 catologs ill mail ya if ya want, just PM me your address, or you can suscribe to them for free by emailin em or finding a add in the back of dirtwheels.

01-14-2003, 06:07 PM
I am thinking I am beginning to understand the problem here.

Originally I thought this was about color and some extra room in the front of your jersey, but I hope your not getting overly concerned with looking a certain way or worried about how a pair of riding pants makes your butt look. C'mon be fair if you have a "butt" then all the gear can do is make it look a little smaller/bigger but its not gonna give you one or hide that extra "junk in your trunk".

Its riding gear not a backless gown or leather etc. and like was said earlier no ones even gonna know while your in full gear anyhow.

Look at the guys do they seem to care about this stuff? Ok so most of us just look good anyhow but you girls should be used to that by now :)

I've tried Thor, but they always make my butt look huge and don't fit right at the waist :) maybe there the wrong size :) Wouldnt it be funny if the guys talked like that but maybe theres the problem were more worried about riding then what you think of our butt :blah

01-14-2003, 06:10 PM
PS that link didnt work right.

MX South say hi to jeff and tell to get a quad (http://www.mxsouth.com)

I only search the closeouts there.

QuadJunkies
01-14-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by 440EX4me
I am thinking I am beginning to understand the problem here.

Originally I thought this was about color and some extra room in the front of your jersey, but I hope your not getting overly concerned with looking a certain way or worried about how a pair of riding pants makes your butt look. C'mon be fair if you have a "butt" then all the gear can do is make it look a little smaller/bigger but its not gonna give you one or hide that extra "junk in your trunk".

Its riding gear not a backless gown or leather etc. and like was said earlier no ones even gonna know while your in full gear anyhow.

Look at the guys do they seem to care about this stuff? Ok so most of us just look good anyhow but you girls should be used to that by now :)

:) maybe there the wrong size :) Wouldnt it be funny if the guys talked like that but maybe theres the problem were more worried about riding then what you think of our butt :blah Whoa Lenny..:eek: its not all about looking good(but it helps:D ) but im more to just knowing what out ther for women gear in the vcolors I like and that truly"fits " good for comfort,durability,good pricing that kind of stuff..;) heres a good example.. chest protestors... now I dunno know about most girls who ride, but they just dont fit a girl with a chest right:mad: so they make some goofy and I might add"overpriced" ones for girls that dont fit right either..But really, I just didnt have many ideas where to find a variety in gear and boy.. now I have LOTS:blah I really like the thought of having pants the open up to shorts ,good for at camp cause it does get really hot here. Tants~~ That was relly nice of you to offer you mail them to me, ill get online and order some freebies RIptear...no problem..hehe 400 grl`` wow thanks for all the leads.... You all have been very helpful, ill let ya know what I end up getting...;)

2fastandfurious
01-14-2003, 10:59 PM
Hey QJ! Go with SHIFT or FOX. They have models that look just like you. Man, i love that SHIFT catalog. :blah :blah :macho
In fact you could take pics and send um to us!

QuadJunkies
01-14-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by 2fastandfurious
Hey QJ! Go with SHIFT or FOX. They have models that look just like you. Man, i love that SHIFT catalog. :blah :blah :macho
In fact you could take pics and send um to us! Ben..you are too much man...;) I aint gonna model my gear here!!lmao......:o but I thknk Im going to go and order me the Shift gear, I like that idea for the shorts and all for cool down time.....I see that they do come in Blk and some red on them too..

400grl
01-15-2003, 08:04 AM
oops! Sorry about the link!!! Thanks for fixing it!

QJ - you must be talking about the Lady Fusion chest protector - it's the only one I know that is for women. You don't like it? I have one, it's VERY comfy - definately better than any guys or youth ones I've tried. I keep hoping someone else will come out with one for women, too - nice to have that extra room up front - but would be cool to see some variety! :) BTW - I have some girlfriends who have the black/red SHIFT pants- they love them!

440EX - When you are trying to fit a female body into clothes made for men, fit is definately an issue :D. When you have pants that are falling down or a waist closure system poking into you while you are riding, it can be distracting at times. I hope I didn't give the impression that just because I attempt to find pants that fit well in every aspect, that all women riders share my concerns. ;) Please don't lump us all into one vain group just because I try to keep the rear end fitting well, too. :D ;)

YLW400
01-15-2003, 08:26 AM
Chicks in MX gear rock......period :D

QuadJunkies
01-15-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by 400grl
oops! Sorry about the link!!! Thanks for fixing it!

QJ - you must be talking about the Lady Fusion chest protector - it's the only one I know that is for women. You don't like it? I have one, it's VERY comfy - definately better than any guys or youth ones I've tried. I keep hoping someone else will come out with one for women, too - nice to have that extra room up front - but would be cool to see some variety! :) BTW - I have some girlfriends who have the black/red SHIFT pants- they love them!

440EX - When you are trying to fit a female body into clothes made for men, fit is definately an issue :D. When you have pants that are falling down or a waist closure system poking into you while you are riding, it can be distracting at times. I hope I didn't give the impression that just because I attempt to find pants that fit well in every aspect, that all women riders share my concerns. ;) Please don't lump us all into one vain group just because I try to keep the rear end fitting well, too. :D ;) That is the one thing I HATE about my Oneals pants..the waist closure pokes you when riding.. huh... I thought that was just me...:huh :)

DirtDiggler
01-15-2003, 09:45 AM
Jeff is disturbed...lol:devil

YZROOSTINYA
01-15-2003, 10:39 AM
i know fox has a womens line up to accomodate for your special needs!!!!!

like room for the breasisis and hips and all that good stuff

i have shift squadrons with the 3/4 vented jersey

my fleshgear is too small now

QuadJunkies
01-15-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by YZROOSTINYA
i know fox has a womens line up to accomodate for your special needs!!!!!

like room for the breasisis and hips and all that good stuff

i have shift squadrons with the 3/4 vented jersey

my fleshgear is too small now YZROOSTINYA~~I didnt know you was a girl??:huh :confused: :huh

02exchic
01-15-2003, 01:17 PM
I wear shift stuff. I think it's great. Comfy and good for all types of weather! Plus you can go with no color or lots of color. Depending on how you like it. :D