PDA

View Full Version : inventory software

SRH
10-05-2009, 12:03 AM
i was curious if any of you were exprience with inventory software and could recommend or at least point me in the right direction, i do alot of wheeler salvage and have a pretty large inventory, too much to keep in a notebook, mainly vintage stuff, anyway i need to inventory what i have pen and paper arent going to cut it, although im not quite sure the whole bar code setup is necessary id just prefer to store it all in some sort of program, mainly something where i could throw in key words ...for example say i was searching my inventory for a petcock for a banshee..... the banshee pet cock would be in the yamaha inventory but would also work on a a suzuki lt 80...so i could throw that in the description and if searching for one it would bring it up, im not up on this stuff so any educating would be welcomed

mxduner
10-05-2009, 05:38 AM
Could you do a search? or have you tried? i would think junk yards websites, that have online part's lookup feature's, might have their program advertised, kinda like 'powered by google' etc. good luck. gotta be ton's a program for ya.

Scottt89
10-05-2009, 06:42 AM
If you are willing to read up and bit and can get ahold of a copy of Microsoft Office, you can put your stuff in Access. From Access you can make forms and narrow down searches. It's basically a giant database.

Guy400
10-05-2009, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Scottt89
If you are willing to read up and bit and can get ahold of a copy of Microsoft Office, you can put your stuff in Access. From Access you can make forms and narrow down searches. It's basically a giant database. He beat me to it but Access would probably be your best bet.

SRH
10-05-2009, 06:24 PM
ive researched it some,, this is sort of what im looking for www.inventorysoft.com and i was recommended this template for excel http://www.spreadsheetstore.com/p-21-inventory-tracker-for-excel.aspx i was told access is complicated....im not very computer savy , whats it cost for someone to set me up with a program ...i just want to punch the information into the program and be done with it:p