PDA

View Full Version : what causes the front end to push

jkiserracing
10-04-2009, 05:25 PM
I went to a race this weekend and noticed I had much more front end push than normal. I fought with it much more than I can remember in the past. What could be the cause?

born2ride14
10-04-2009, 06:29 PM
I would Imagine The steering stem bearing at the bottom might have something to do with it, also check the upper stem mount and bushing, thos ewill go bad too

eastside 400
10-04-2009, 06:33 PM
those 2 things wont make it push at all, what kind of front tires are you using, did you change anything on the front end since or change your alignment? if you have too much caster in the front end it will wanna go straight and fight you to turn

jkiserracing
10-04-2009, 06:54 PM
No...thats whats weird...I didnt change or bend anything...Im using Holeshot 18's now. Isuppose its possible ive never really noticed it before (i guess) but what ever it is I need to try and correct it. I do have another set of fronts with Razr mx's I might give those a try

eastside 400
10-04-2009, 07:07 PM
i mean what front tires do you have, the rears usually dont effect push... holeshot rears do tend to hook up in turns more making it wanna go straight kinda instead of sliding

jkiserracing
10-04-2009, 07:19 PM
Im sorry....I knew what you meant and answred wrong.....Holeshot 20's up front

JessetheKid
10-05-2009, 08:29 PM
do you have an aftermarket frontend, if so i would start by calling them they should have some sort of direction to point you in

10-05-2009, 09:57 PM
interesting thread only because I took my 450r out for a ride 2 weeks ago and noticed it seemed to push more comparing it to my 400ex. I assume its just a whole new machine and I'm not used to the weight distribution when riding. It just seemed I had to shift myself further up in the turns. Then again I was never a fan of the stock tires.

Balaz_73*00
10-06-2009, 06:53 AM
Body position, sit on the nerf n hold it pinned. Ull be alright:devil:

desratt
10-06-2009, 08:18 AM
if the throttle is sticking ever so slightly it will push.

Sjorge450R
10-06-2009, 10:22 AM
Check ball joints...any joint actually. Tie rod ends, a arm ball joints, tire pressure obviously. Also, maybe one of your shocks lost air/oil. That happened to me and i was stumped until Santo Derisi told me to check the pressure and after i did, my one shock was down i think 4lbs. After I got my shocks freshened up i was good to go again.

wckedclownz69
10-06-2009, 01:10 PM
start PUMPING IRON.... lol if not that x2 wht that guy said above me

RIDEREDson
10-07-2009, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
interesting thread only because I took my 450r out for a ride 2 weeks ago and noticed it seemed to push more comparing it to my 400ex. I assume its just a whole new machine and I'm not used to the weight distribution when riding. It just seemed I had to shift myself further up in the turns. Then again I was never a fan of the stock tires.

Stock tires, and compared to the 400, your going alot faster. :p

400ex28
10-07-2009, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Balaz_73*00
Body position, sit on the nerf n hold it pinned. Ull be alright:devil:

10-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by RIDEREDson
Stock tires, and compared to the 400, your going alot faster. :p

I'm not sure about that, I rode slow through most of the woods and what not. Usually i'm flying and right on my friends back bar with my bumper, this time I was a good distance away, I would catch him on the straight but in the turns I was getting whooped. Just a completely different machine. I think a big part was I rode for the 1st time in maybe 4 years without nerf bars and I was being cautious. I ordered nerfs but I still havent received them :( I was hoping that might bring me back up witht he comfort level. I had my suspension tuned but man it beats me up. The stock shocks worked great on my 400ex but on the 450r being like 50lbs lighter i'm not even in charge of the quad anymore i'm just holding on hoping for the best at times. 1st mod nerfs, 2nd skid plates, 3rd suspension for sure. It has plenty of power that cant even be used to its potential with stock suspension.