PDA

View Full Version : first mods for kawie

700Xxrida
10-04-2009, 05:06 PM
High i just got a kfx 450 what do you guys think are good for the first mods power/handling kind of mods. i all ready ordered hiphers rims and maxxis razr 2 for the rear.

my ? are:what tires and rims for the front
what kind of full system exhaust
what kind of nerfs and bumpers
and any other good ideas you got

the kind of riding i do is trails sand pits and steep hill climbs also
a little jumping

honda 700xx big 3 fox floats
kfx 450r

hondaracer_34
10-04-2009, 05:31 PM
Hey bro, once u add the big 3, your quad will be a whole different machine. For exhaust, DASA, FCI Intake or the Fuel Intake system, and a PCIII. Go to www.kfx450hq.com theres alot more info on the kawis.

KAWIRYDER
10-04-2009, 08:55 PM
I would definitely go with PRM rear swing arm skid plate. You might want to get the PC-5

MtnEX
10-05-2009, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by 700Xxrida
High i just got a kfx 450 what do you guys think are good for the first mods power/handling kind of mods. i all ready ordered hiphers rims and maxxis razr 2 for the rear.

my ? are:what tires and rims for the front
what kind of full system exhaust
what kind of nerfs and bumpers
and any other good ideas you got

the kind of riding i do is trails sand pits and steep hill climbs also
a little jumping

honda 700xx big 3 fox floats
kfx 450r

Originally posted by KAWIRYDER
I would definitely go with PRM rear swing arm skid plate. You might want to get the PC-5

I am going to second that one for many reasons... the main ones being...

1- The PRM offers more protection and more clearance.

2- I made the pro armor mistake for the swinger skid... less coverage, less clearance.

3- What the stock kawi needs most is protection

PRM swinger skid
Pro Armor belly skid
Pro Armor or PRM a-arm skids

Bumpers... PRM rear... PRM or DG front.

The stock pegs are nice if you came off something else. But there is better to be had. I am a fan of Pro Armor pegs. But I have not been real impressed with their fitment on the Pegs/Nerfs/Etc on the KFX.

With that said... the PowerGrip System if you want the max grip and durability/strength... Fat Peg nerfs if you want near that good and a much better value. (Look at other brands too before deciding)

Front tires... get Razr2's to go with your rears

Power mods... Jardine RT99 exhaust system. If you want more after that, look into the following in order... Fuel Controller --- Aftermarket Intake --- cams

KFX450Rrider490
10-05-2009, 05:31 PM
the guys from up above ar all right 110%

my own likings

tires: GBC x-rexs or razor 2's

protection: prm all the way throught the bike
2nd choice pro aluminum bolts right up but doesnt last

MtnEX
10-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by 300exrider490
the guys from up above ar all right 110%

my own likings

tires: GBC x-rexs or razor 2's

protection: prm all the way throught the bike
2nd choice pro aluminum bolts right up but doesnt last

There was only 2 things that even got me started thinking about trying Pro Armor on mine....

Rave reviews on Pro Armor stuff.
(not my experience with the stuff at all)

And the main reason I didn't automatically order all PRM stuff for mine was the attachment of the belly skid.

It looks like it's held on in the rear with hose clamps, band straps, something.

WHY?

I didn't want to mis-match, fearing something might contact rub. So I decided it was either all PRM or all Pro Armor... and those strapy's were the deciding factor.

What's up with those things?

700Xxrida
10-06-2009, 02:27 PM
thanks for the help guys

MtnEX
10-06-2009, 07:46 PM
No problem.

MtnEX
10-08-2009, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by KAWIRYDER

Real important (to me) question I need to know from an actual owner...

Do you ever hear your chain SLAP/TAP the skid or chain slider on the PRM swinger skid?

KAWIRYDER
10-09-2009, 07:00 PM
I hear the chain slap but, I think its more from the swingarm guide in front of the counter shaft gear. To answer your question I am not 100% sure that it isn't slapping or tapping the skid plate. However it did make the same tapping as when the stock skid plate was on it. On my skid plate the chain slider runs the whole length of it. Hope that helps.

MtnEX
10-09-2009, 09:51 PM
Yes it does... thanks.