PDA

View Full Version : ATV Handlebar

lsrenovations
10-03-2009, 06:07 PM
What is the best or most common should I say atv bar bend. I wanna get some pro taper bars and there are so many bends to choose from. What are the difference with these bends?

Bill Martin
10-03-2009, 06:38 PM
It's all about body passion and personal preference. If you’re tall you might want to have them a little higher so you’re not so hunched over. Less bend would have you reaching farther forward, more bend would do the opposite.

lsrenovations
10-03-2009, 06:56 PM
So should I only be lookin at only atv high, mid, and low bends? There are woods bends, different rider bends, and cr bends......what are those? I have a 400ex

Bill Martin
10-03-2009, 07:19 PM
If you like the 400ex bend then stay with that. If not then sit on your bike and loosen your currant bars and move them back and forth a little you mite find a better passion with the ones you have.

There some things to consider if you are replacing your bars.
The stock bars don't have a cross bar on them and this is good and bad. There not as strong but if you turn it over it may just bend the bar and not the stem. If you have a stock stem and heavy duty bars it may bend the stem or both. With out the cross bar it will flex some and that will take some of the vibration out.

When you turn it over something’s got to give. One tip is to just tighten the bars and levers just tight enough to keep them from moving while you ride. That way if you do turn it over they usually just pivot and don't bend or break.

I like the 400 bend but I ride MX.

You probably should stay with the atv type bars. But again that a personal thing.

Pipeless416
10-05-2009, 12:20 AM
this is what cr high bends look like... very straight across. i would not recommend them without an extended stem.