PDA

View Full Version : how to align my steering

honda01400ex
10-03-2009, 02:03 PM
hey guys my steering is way out of line!

help?

rigger
10-03-2009, 04:19 PM
I have tried a few different ways and I am never happy with the out come.

This is how I do it now.....

Air up all tires and make sure the back tires are perfectly the same. ( This also only works if the tires have the same amount of life left. ) Get on very level ground. Set the bars where you want them and then strap them to the back fenders so they can not move. Stand the atv up on the rear grab bar. Brake the tie rods loose. Use a good straight edge and an angle finder to set the tires perfectly straight. Then set the toe and you should be good to go.

Every time I do it like this, it is dead on and the bars run straight.

Bill Martin
10-03-2009, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by rigger
I have tried a few different ways and I am never happy with the out come.

This is how I do it now.....

Air up all tires and make sure the back tires are perfectly the same. ( This also only works if the tires have the same amount of life left. ) Get on very level ground. Set the bars where you want them and then strap them to the back fenders so they can not move. Stand the atv up on the rear grab bar. Brake the tie rods loose. Use a good straight edge and an angle finder to set the tires perfectly straight. Then set the toe and you should be good to go.

Every time I do it like this, it is dead on and the bars run straight.

How much toe?

rigger
10-03-2009, 06:07 PM
I try to get mine at about 1/8'' or a tad more.

I have heard people say no more than a 1/4" but that seems like a lot to me. But I am not an expert at this either so someone else may be able to chime in a with a little more info.

dalejiw25
10-03-2009, 06:07 PM
do a search on here "camber issue"
You'll find what you need.