PDA

View Full Version : another question about something else

nastynotchback1
10-03-2009, 10:06 AM
on the 70 if i put it up on a stand and rev it wide open it cuts back but if i let up to about half throttle it runs wie open.i changed out the plug,coil,cdi,and checked fuel supply and all was good.i dropped it back on the ground and get on it and it runs fine.will run wide open and never cut back.whats up with that or is that just how a 2 stroke does?

10-03-2009, 03:44 PM
Well that sounds like your over revving your motor.They reason being: its not on the ground. The quad with the rider dont let it rev out so far, cause its pulling weight which, wont reach the off the ground rpms. Now remember this is just my opinion.

nastynotchback1
10-03-2009, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by tgcheeseman
Well that sounds like your over revving your motor.They reason being: its not on the ground. The quad with the rider dont let it rev out so far, cause its pulling weight which, wont reach the off the ground rpms. Now remember this is just my opinion.

well i thought that too but if you let up on the throttle back to about 1/2 it picks up and runs great.if you wack it wide open it will not rev up because it cuts back before it gets to that point.

riding4fun
10-04-2009, 05:10 AM
Do a plug chop. It seems like you might have to big of a main jet.

nastynotchback1
10-05-2009, 06:38 AM
I put in a new plug and checked it it out.it was a lite tan color.

nastynotchback1
10-13-2009, 12:29 PM
THANKS TO THE FOLKS ON THIS SITE AND SOME TRACK SIDE ASSISTANCE I GOT THIS ISSUE FIXED.TURNED OUT TO BE THE NEEDLE WAS ON THE BOTTOM CLIP.MOVED IT UP TO THE MIDDLE AND PLAYED WITH THE AIR SCREW AND THE PROBLEM WENT AWAY.I AM RUNNING A 30 P/J AND I AM GOING TO MOVE UP SOME SIZES THERE AND SEE IF THAT HELPS ANYTHING BUT AS OF NOW THIS THING IS RUNNING GREAT.NOW TO GET THE CLUTCHING FIXED.THANKS TO ALL THAT HELPED