PDA

View Full Version : thinking on a cobra 50

desratt
10-02-2009, 08:39 PM
right now my son has been riding a drr 50 for alittle over 6 months

if I go to a cobra can he still run the worcs stock class.. and usra peewee class???

yfz450bb07
10-03-2009, 10:30 PM
I don't know on the other series but as far as the worcs series go you can only run the cobra in the classs's made for them, the 70 ss and ss sport. You can run them in the afternoon schoolboy class on saturday also. That might not be the correct name of the class but I think you get the point.

Full Throttle00
10-04-2009, 03:48 PM
Cobra's have to run with their own class @ WORCS except for the
Sport Class 8yrs-15yrs age class 90cc, Saturday afternoon Automatic class.
I will say the 50-70cc single speed set ups currently running WORCS, you would be good to up to at least a 60cc rather than keep it a 50cc.
It will allow you to get you a better hole shot especially if you run the 90cc 8-15 class as the CVT has more bottom end where the Cobra builds it's power mid to top end.

It would be great to see more Cobra's out there running as they are 1st made in America, come with the best suspension, lighter weight, and out of the box ready with no major aftermarket bolt on's.
With only a mild CC change and Off-Road necessary bolt on armor they have been holding up well after working through different set up's for this year of WORCS has been sucessful and will only grow and continue to get better. You can pick one up used for around $4-6k with most times with a few extras.

When you are done with the automatic, convert it into a screamin' super mini shifter. With the COBRA, your rider will be on the quad for many years which will only build confidence and become one with the machine rather than changing every few years.

desratt
10-04-2009, 04:29 PM
he is only 3 yrs old.. turns 4 next month.. he has won 2 arena crosses in toelle utah in the peewee b class.. ( both times there was a 9 yearold on a 200cc bike..

the only works class I see for a 4 year old is the 50cc stock..
how about the itp quadcross it has a 5occ stock and a 50 cc modified for 4 year olds.. do you think he could enter the modified class on a cobra.

my thoughts now are keep the drr for some races and maybe use the cobra for some . if there are some??

Full Throttle00
10-04-2009, 11:48 PM
IMO get him use all to the power of either machine fully with out "Blipping" the gas. Once he's giving it all it
s got, bump it up.
As for modified classes, unless it specifically states CVT ONLY, you should be able to run any automatic. Just check with your local promoter.
I will say though, as long as he isn't afraid of the power the Cobra will be better in the long run and in my experience you most likely not get him back on the DRR.

desratt
10-05-2009, 08:25 AM
he's well past the blipping right now... right now his biggest problem is when jumping he lets off the throttle right on the lip of the jump causing him to endo...

Full Throttle00
10-06-2009, 09:32 PM
That will sure do it, hope he's all armored up!

I know that many parents including myself kept telling their "mini pro's" to not land with the gas on in an effort to save tranny gears.

Sounds like he's definately ready for the COBRA, he can land with the gas pinned wide open and keep on going.

desratt
10-08-2009, 02:35 PM
next question does cobra have a finance plan..

121dad
10-08-2009, 07:04 PM
give Heath Racing a call they stand behind ther product 125% and are very helpfull 24/7

Ryko racing
10-13-2009, 07:11 AM
once they get used to the direct auto clutch vs cvt they will never want to go back.

The cobra gives you a lot for the money. Most kids can race them with the stock suspension i would say until they are 11 or 12.

Cobra finance plan is VISA, MASTERCARD, OR GRANDPA.

Call john Heath and he will make sure it is set up correctly when you get it. 812-622-0138.

desratt
10-13-2009, 10:30 AM
card intrest rates are too damn high...maybe a bank??

Ryko racing
10-13-2009, 10:40 AM
i know chase bank has a reserve line of credit that is 2 over prime.

or at least they used to have it.

most credit unions have a personal line of credit that is revolving which seemed to work for us.

I usually buy my cobras used from top racers as they are all ready set up with the best equipment.

I may be able to help you out if you need one.

mxkids
10-13-2009, 08:28 PM
You can find some good deals on used cobra's this time of year if that is the route you want to go with. Check cobra talk if you have not looked there yet. There is one listed on there that is located in WA for $4000. obo if he has not sold it.

The suggested MSRP on a new 09 is $6998.

Tittle Brothers Racing
www.tittlebrothersracing.com

jakiesdad
10-14-2009, 04:50 PM
Yes, it is still for sale.

253-653-1360 for any ques.

Ryko racing
10-15-2009, 06:31 AM
Troy szymborski has Alex's for sale.

this quad has won 3 national championships and it is a good one.

give him a call if interested 517-749-1766