PDA

View Full Version : having a problem with my 250r

kayslay
10-02-2009, 05:21 PM
i just baught a 86 lt250r and i was ridding and then it just died and i thought i fauled a plug but i the i took the cover off the timing and the noticed the wole pin or whatever it is soo i put new one in and the ridding around the yard and then it died the took the cover off and thir it was snaped and the i i put it back on with a pice of it to line it up the socket the nut on and then welded it stright to the bolt and that worked then ridding around the yard for 10 mins and then it died agian and sure enough the welds were snaped and now i dont know what to do bc it just keeps snaped everthing i need some help.......

thyman17
10-02-2009, 08:48 PM
something isnt right if it keeps doing that. Is the crank worn or fly wheel worn? did u put a hardned key in it or just a regular one if u cant figure it out id take it to a shop and have them look at it

kayslay
10-03-2009, 06:22 AM
ya i just put areaguler one in didnt know that make harden or do u heat treat it ur self?

rocky_mtn_honda
10-03-2009, 05:14 PM
im surprised you both speak the same language...frankly, i didnt understand any part of your question

LTandRaptorider
10-03-2009, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by rocky_mtn_honda
im surprised you both speak the same language...frankly, i didnt understand any part of your question

Exactly what I was thinking when I first saw his question the other night. I thought I had an idea of what he was saying, but my headache from reading overcame my ability to type! :p

I think the "timing cover" is the magneto he is talking about. And thinking he meant the key snapped in the key way... But it was a wild guess. He then welded the key onto the crankshaft to hold the mag in place, but the weld broke? But I am probably way off... Actually, I hope I am...

rocky_mtn_honda
10-03-2009, 08:53 PM
thanks for the translation....appreciate it, hopefully you are wrong
that would suck

thyman17
10-04-2009, 08:56 PM
I have dealt with some pretty crazy questions at our local shop. But anyways yes they make hardened ones that a specially made for the motor. Go to your local suzuki dealer or look online and u can find a hardened key. They shouldnt break like that tho. Did you torque the nut down to the right ft lbs. cause if it comes loose it will break the key really easy. Check that