PDA

View Full Version : Keep your rides looking good.

sparkyjoe81
10-02-2009, 04:46 PM
Just wondering how you guys keep your rides looking so good. After a ride I usually hit mine with a power washer, a little soap and water, then another power wash session. Then when she dries, a good coat of WD.

I’m interested to hear what you guys do to keep your mean machines clean.

Blazin400
10-02-2009, 08:51 PM
i use a simple green mixture for the engine and for the plastics i just give it a normal bath with armor all wash and wax. i use a preasure washer to clean the engine then i just spray the soap off then hand dry it. once its all dry i use original armor all spray on the plastics and it gives its shine all back

RTJ
10-04-2009, 11:30 PM
powerwash,armoral tire foam on plastic , mothers polish on somethings & alot of elbow grease

bobizzle
10-22-2009, 10:51 PM
i use a degreaser from a local detailing distributor on the engine and muffler, turtle wax shine wash on plastics and everything else, then spray sc1 o the plastics after they dried, for a shine, and silicone spray on the rest of the bike.

sab24711
10-24-2009, 12:01 PM
there is a soap i use on the heavy equipment used to get the grease off the moving parts. but this stuff is extreme if you get it on your finger tip it feels slimy but that's just the soap melting your skin. you want to talk about quick and easy this stuff works on anything and everything and i mean it ill find the name for it Monday, but we get like 10 gallons for 32 bucks.

bobizzle
10-24-2009, 07:24 PM
damn, thats cheap, i get like 5 gallons for 60 bux, its expensive for the degreaser i use, it would be nice to get the name and try it out.

Ryan
11-12-2009, 11:22 AM
I was searching for another thread, but this is a good topic. Always important to keep your machine as clean as possible. Heres my proccess. Atlease before my powerwasher toke a crap on me.

1. Hit it with the power washer
2. Use regular car wash soap on fenders and whatnot
3. Use Fresh Start 2000 degreaser (Purple Power is good to) on motor, eletrical, and other greasy parts.
4. Use the power washer one more time
5. Get the leaf blower and blow it dry
6. "Spray" everything down with WD40. (Plastics, Motor, ect) . Just don't spray the brakes and forget it ;) .
7. One final wipedown, and she is shining and ready to get dirty again.

honda400ex2003
11-13-2009, 12:16 PM
super clean from castrol works decent to get the grime off with a bit of scrubbing. otherwise there are a few guys on here with their own concoctions on what to use. steve

sputnik1416
11-18-2009, 04:53 PM
what works to get the water spots off and bring out the shine on a black grizzly the mud is killer on it spots show everywhere.

chevys&honda$
12-02-2009, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by honda400ex2003
super clean from castrol works decent to get the grime off with a bit of scrubbing. otherwise there are a few guys on here with their own concoctions on what to use. steve

Super clean- good stuff

sab24711
12-04-2009, 05:08 PM
compound but you need a buffer too. that will get your water spots out. i know i regular paint you need to be on top of it otherwise they stay there for the life but plastics it might be different, but watch out so you don't burn the plastic.