PDA

View Full Version : Montreal Supercross 2009

TrapZ400
10-02-2009, 03:07 PM
The race is tomorrow, October 3rd

It should be a good race! I cant wait to see how Wienen will do on the Can Am.

Heres a list of entries. (The quads are on page 6)
http://montrealsupercross.com/data/nouvelles/inscrits%20supercross%20mtl%2020091.pdf

Here a preview video featuring Richard Pelchat. Its in french though.
http://montrealsupercross.com/Video.aspx?en=1&no=161

Tommy131
10-02-2009, 03:39 PM
prolly a dumb question but will it be televised at anytime at all

Pappy
10-02-2009, 03:46 PM
We have a man on the ground at the event:devil:

TrapZ400
10-02-2009, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Tommy131
I dont know if it will be televised. They had a live streaming video of the event last year. I dont know if they will have one this year though

Quad18star
10-02-2009, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
We have a man on the ground at the event:devil:

WTF .. where was my invite?? LOL

Quad18star
10-02-2009, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Tommy131

It's always a PPV event up here in Canada ... so you might want to check with your PPV provider.

TrapZ400
10-02-2009, 06:56 PM
Will you guys be doing Live Race Coverage for it?

Pappy
10-02-2009, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
WTF .. where was my invite?? LOL

I was gonna go but its to close to deer season there:devil: A real man in canada..none of your b!tches would be safe:eek: :blah: :devil:

You just lay up in the hospital and read about it chump:devil:

Trap.....no live coverage for this event

Tommy Warren
10-02-2009, 09:02 PM
I live 35 minutes away so I might go. But the wife wants a new hardwood floor in the kitchen......so thats probably my plans:( but I could tell her i was hired from atvriders.com to take some pics.:devil: she hates you guys anyways because I "spend more time on here than with her" LOL 'i always say "There's a good reason for that....I can figure quads out"

TrapZ400
10-02-2009, 09:15 PM
I wish I could go to it. It would be so sick to watch atv supercross in person.

TrapZ400
10-02-2009, 11:10 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GHJ47GPYcs0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GHJ47GPYcs0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

reconmaster
10-03-2009, 02:00 AM
it will be televised but not live i get to see it in a month or so on tsn (canada's attempt at espn) my friend damon baker is racing it this weekend hopefully he makes the main

TrapZ400
10-03-2009, 06:22 PM
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x216/TrapZ400/IMG_8454.jpg

Yeah Chad!!

He got the fastest lap time in practice.

TrapZ400
10-03-2009, 06:25 PM
You can see some pictures here
http://www.flagworld.com/photos/v/2009/2009-10-03/

TrapZ400
10-03-2009, 06:39 PM
What are your predictions for the top 3?

1. Wienen
2. Creamer
3. Natalie

reconmaster
10-03-2009, 06:41 PM
same but as long as my friend damon baker #152 makes the main or is close to it i will be happy i'm so jealous of him his qualifer is/was wiht wienen and creamer

TrapZ400
10-03-2009, 06:47 PM
Practice Laptimes
http://www.atvriders.com/atvresults/montreal-supercross-2009-pro-atv-race-results.html

02raptor_rider
10-03-2009, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by reconmaster
same but as long as my friend damon baker #152 makes the main or is close to it i will be happy i'm so jealous of him his qualifer is/was wiht wienen and creamer

Looks like he qualified!

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showrun.jsp?id=1334538

660LE
10-03-2009, 07:03 PM
yup thanks to Damon riding the supercross iT gave me the chance to win the Atlantic Canada PRO ATV championship today!! by 2 points.. Cant bag on the guy tho, with out him an his father there would have been alot of DNF's for me this year

Just got a text from him, hes pumpd he made the main. This is his 3rd year trying.

TrapZ400
10-03-2009, 07:25 PM
Listen Live!
http://webcast.directmotocross.com/

reconmaster
10-03-2009, 08:05 PM
typical canadian mx industry...ignoring the quad race

TrapZ400
10-03-2009, 08:11 PM
I hope they will atleast say who won

reconmaster
10-03-2009, 08:13 PM
hard to say thats i go to the us i get more exposure in one national then i did in the 2 years of the cmrc

QuadJunkies
10-03-2009, 08:29 PM
Been dying to hear how things went all day!!

TrapZ400
10-03-2009, 08:39 PM
1. Wienen
2. Natalie
3. Creamer

According to mylaps.com

Yea Chad!!

hsr
10-03-2009, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by TrapZ400
1. Wienen
2. Natalie
3. Creamer

According to mylaps.com

Yea Chad!!

whooooo , would love to see wienen get a win on his first time out on the can-am.

TrapZ400
10-03-2009, 08:49 PM
Thats the overall.

What a great way for team motoworks to debut the team by going 1 and 2!

CAN-AM!!!!!

hsr
10-03-2009, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by TrapZ400
Thats the overall.

What a great way for team motoworks to debut the team by going 1 and 2!

CAN-AM!!!!!

awesome, has to do alot for chad's confidence on the new bike...he deserves it. 2010 is his year...

TrapZ400
10-03-2009, 08:54 PM
I bet that shut up all those can-am haters lol

Quad18star
10-03-2009, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
I was gonna go but its to close to deer season there:devil: A real man in canada..none of your b!tches would be safe:eek: :blah: :devil:

You just lay up in the hospital and read about it chump:devil:

Trap.....no live coverage for this event

Deer ... Ha !! That's a ladies sport ........ we hunt moose Ken. :devil:

Moose opens next weekend ... deer opens in November for rifle .

And unfortunatly I'm still in hospital going nutz wishing I was at home . Looka like I'm gunna miss the grouse season and the moose hunt this year. :(

TrapZ400
10-04-2009, 02:38 AM
On the podium
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x216/TrapZ400/2009-10-03_1435.jpg

Ex_Rider43
10-04-2009, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by reconmaster
typical canadian mx industry...ignoring the quad race

You are right but there is hope, The fastest ATV riders were only 2 seconds slower than the FASTEST DIRTBIKE riders and guess what : We were riding the exact same track all weekend. I think that they cant ignore the quads after what they saw this weekend. I can say that the people that are going to Montreal each year are more excited about the quads than the bikes , but the coverage from the media is all about the bikes ... just look at Racer X , they never mentionned that there was an ATV race there , but they talk about the boring Endurocross race they had this year ( which should never happend anymore)

At the big Final , Jasmin got the holeshot and was running strong but the headpipe broke during the 2nd lap so I think it was Cody miller that got 1st ... Natalie totally took him out before the finish line jump , Chad was right there and passed him , Creamer was unreal in a technical section of the track right after the sandbox , going to the inside line and jumping the triple .. then Natalie switched lines right into Josh which caused the #9 to flip the bike right into the Berm. It took a while for him to restart the bike but once he did ... Oh boy was that exciting to watch him go. He was the fastest guy out there no doubt but I think that Can-am really wanted their 2 guys on the podium no matter what was in the way.

BLU82
10-04-2009, 07:41 AM
The can-ams only did good because they were in their natural environment of canada. Once they get down in the states they'll be back to their old ways :D

DEVINF450R
10-04-2009, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Ex_Rider43
You are right but there is hope, The fastest ATV riders were only 2 seconds slower than the FASTEST DIRTBIKE riders and guess what : We were riding the exact same track all weekend. I think that they cant ignore the quads after what they saw this weekend. I can say that the people that are going to Montreal each year are more excited about the quads than the bikes , but the coverage from the media is all about the bikes ... just look at Racer X , they never mentionned that there was an ATV race there , but they talk about the boring Endurocross race they had this year ( which should never happend anymore)

At the big Final , Jasmin got the holeshot and was running strong but the headpipe broke during the 2nd lap so I think it was Cody miller that got 1st ... Natalie totally took him out before the finish line jump , Chad was right there and passed him , Creamer was unreal in a technical section of the track right after the sandbox , going to the inside line and jumping the triple .. then Natalie switched lines right into Josh which caused the #9 to flip the bike right into the Berm. It took a while for him to restart the bike but once he did ... Oh boy was that exciting to watch him go. He was the fastest guy out there no doubt but I think that Can-am really wanted their 2 guys on the podium no matter what was in the way.

John doesnt usually ride dirty. that surprises me. and the Can-Am thing, isnt Cody Miller on a Can AM?

extremeblastr
10-04-2009, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by DEVINF450R
John doesnt usually ride dirty. that surprises me. and the Can-Am thing, isnt Cody Miller on a Can AM?

i'm 90% sure cody is no longer part of the factory team. sounds to me like john was given an extra responsibility this weekend.

Rootar
10-04-2009, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
i'm 90% sure cody is no longer part of the factory team. sounds to me like john was given an extra responsibility this weekend.

that is F'ed up if that is remotely true, can-am was lucky to have Cody he is an amazing rider.

DEVINF450R
10-04-2009, 12:34 PM
i hate intentional dirty riding

TrapZ400
10-04-2009, 01:11 PM
I cant wait tell they put the video up

xrxmxcx
10-04-2009, 03:15 PM
Rubbing is racing and crossing lines happens. It happened to Creamer and Byrd and now it happens again. Don't see how it was Byrds fault last time, besides the uncalled for famous swing, but is it Johns fault this time? Watch any pro class race and you'll see it 90% of the time wether it's here in New England, Nationals, and especially SX where there's a third of the room if there lucky!

Congradulations to Team Motoworks and especially Chad!

reconmaster
10-04-2009, 03:17 PM
i was told the from my friend damon and carmen that the track was super tight so passing would be a pain in the arse

extremeblastr
10-04-2009, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by xrxmxcx
Rubbing is racing and crossing lines happens. It happened to Creamer and Byrd and now it happens again. Don't see how it was Byrds fault last time, besides the uncalled for famous swing, but is it Johns fault this time? Watch any pro class race and you'll see it 90% of the time wether it's here in New England, Nationals, and especially SX where there's a third of the room if there lucky!

Congradulations to Team Motoworks and especially Chad!

the only thing that was byrd's "fault" was the swing the contact was just them both running all out and running out of room. the big issue with that whole thing is that byrd had the balls to take the swing. and i hear ya on seeing it everywhere, remember when plante took out santaniello at the first race this year first lap of the second moto. i only question johns intentions here as it happened twice in one race.

xrxmxcx
10-04-2009, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
the only thing that was byrd's "fault" was the swing the contact was just them both running all out and running out of room. the big issue with that whole thing is that byrd had the balls to take the swing. and i hear ya on seeing it everywhere, remember when plante took out santaniello at the first race this year first lap of the second moto. i only question johns intentions here as it happened twice in one race.

Yea I didn't see what happened in SX but it's hard to believe Natalie would be head hunting on the track and be reckless. As far as the Byrd gig I remember all of the complaining about how Byrd brake checked Creamer which I thought was a little out there.

All year long in NEATV it's been a battle of rough riding and people complaining. I guess when you have National Pro riders showing up and rubbing with the locals they get the wrong impression. Nationals are a different game as far as the pace and conditioning, but you have to factor in the slamming too!

extremeblastr
10-04-2009, 04:31 PM
byrd did throw a little brake check in there in that corner but if josh hadn't dove into the corner so hard he would have been able to avoid byrd and everything would've been ok lol and yeah been a lot of rough stuff at neatv this season especially in the pro class although i think pilotte has done a helluva job stickin it to everyone that trys to get rough with him.

DEVINF450R
10-04-2009, 07:03 PM
Any class in nationals other riders will take you the F**K out! I got bounced of the track 3 times in one moto this year... it happens. and in AX or SX, you have to rub to get by. If a rider is blocking, its warranted, but if another rider uses you as a berm or tries to bump you on a jump face, you have a right to get mad

TWISTED DINLI
10-06-2009, 06:15 PM
any videos of the quad races yet?

TrapZ400
10-07-2009, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by TWISTED DINLI
any videos of the quad races yet?

Keep checking www.montrealsupercross.com they should be putting up the videos any day now.

RIDEREDson
10-07-2009, 06:40 PM
I figured ATVriders would have some video coverage. I was wrong.

TrapZ400
10-08-2009, 02:28 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OJdBqWf5IYU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OJdBqWf5IYU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

KOG
10-08-2009, 03:54 PM
funny vid haha

TrapZ400
10-09-2009, 10:11 AM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/efUNwSrdQwo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/efUNwSrdQwo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

TrapZ400
10-09-2009, 05:19 PM
Watch this one, you can see what happened between Natalie and Creamer.
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MURd4DEhdsA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MURd4DEhdsA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

TWISTED DINLI
10-09-2009, 06:14 PM
creamer needs to stop crying. it was accident its not like he meant to do it. accidents happen..

FHKracingZ
10-09-2009, 09:27 PM
I see creamers view totally. You gotta know josh, hes like that after every race, hes always fired up. Just shows his passion for racing. John made to dumb moves in a row. almost jumping on chad then not even looking when coming back on. Thats racing though, stuff happens. everybody makes bad decisions every now and then.

RIDEREDson
10-10-2009, 12:09 PM
I wish ATVriders would have got some video coverage.

One_Bad_400
10-10-2009, 03:25 PM
every one is mad after somthing happeneds to THEM. thats just racing. when your in the heat of the moment like that you dont really worry about what could happen. you just GO! good race though!

BLU82
10-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Natalie didn't cross into creamer's line on propose, but he defiantly cut right back into the racing line going way to slow. You would think that a pro caliber rider would realize that after you lose all your momentum like that there's probably someone coming up on you pretty quick. He should've checked what was back there and then safely re-enetered. He didn't even look back. Creamer couldn't see him on the other side of the jump and wasn't expecting a quad to be going so slow in the race line. and that's why he threw his hands up after he fell. I can see why he was frustrated.

hsr
10-10-2009, 07:36 PM
I am a big creamer fan, but it's funny to see how he reacted when getting the short end of the stick, kind of how byrd felt at Pleasure Valley? none-the-less these type of things happen and luckily no-one was hurt. Natalie doesn't have a history of dirty riding like byrd , these things are bound to happen in racing.

TrapZ400
10-10-2009, 07:55 PM
Natalie put a nice block pass on Cody Miller at 5:09 in the last vid. :D

I bet Cody wasnt too happy about that one.

RIDEREDson
10-11-2009, 12:55 PM
Thanks alot for the posting the vids man. Maybe you can take the place of atvriders.com. Since they can post some pics but no vids? :(

TrapZ400
10-11-2009, 01:13 PM
I just found those vids on youtube. lol
All the credit goes to Mark Freeman. Check out his channel and other vids. Dudes vids are sick! http://www.youtube.com/user/markfreeman408

QuadJunkies
10-11-2009, 01:34 PM
From what I saw on video, it looked like a **** happens moment,nothing on purpose and Natalie not at fault on anything.
It all happens so fast but I bet alot was going threw there minds when they are out there.
That race was SICK! Weinens passes reminded me of a quad version of Bubba ! lol

HHMM... I wonder how far Montreal is from me ? I dont think its that far , I have went further for WORCS events.

TrapZ400
11-29-2009, 09:08 PM
Anyone in Canada watch the race when it was on TV? How much of the quad race did they show?

reconmaster
11-29-2009, 09:44 PM
i missed it was workin..check montrealsupercross.com should be on soon with seperate videos usually races are equal..unfortuntly like i posted way back those guys at directmotocross.com didn't do any coverage and called us couch racers...