PDA

View Full Version : TRX90/110 4-valve motor

WOLFPACK
10-02-2009, 12:18 PM
I started this motor about 4 years ago and just never finished it up. The motor is together but there was more i wanted to do to it.

What is it?

I started out with a brand new motor out of a brand new 2005 TRX90. I tore it down, dismantled to trans and had it hardened and polished. Then I reassembled the motor. Then i ordered a Polini 4-valve head and cylinder from Italy and installed it. After looking at it a bit closer i seen there was quite a bit more power to be found in the head. But being swamped i set it aside until I could find the time to port it. Well, I never found the time and the motor has sat all this time.

The bore/stroke is: 52.4x49.5

According to Polini the motor puts out 15hp. With a little head work i'm sure there are a few more hp to be found.

I've been moved to devote all of my free time to fighting human trafficking. More specifically, helping girls that are sold into sexualy slavery around the world.

So, i'm selling off the all my unfinished projects and extras laying around.

I'm not sure exactly what i'll take for the motor, i just know what i won't take. The top end alone cost me $1800. If your interested send me a PM or give me a call (219)313-1424.

I'll fill the new owner in on all the posiblities for this motor. It can be made into a 125cc and will likely be the fastest TRX out there if it were.

miniquaddad90
10-07-2009, 10:36 AM
Shawn,
That looks like a killer project, I would love to toy with it and make it a 125cc. A tad too rich for my blood right now, but someone will end up with what would appear to be a killer set-up.

Patrick

WOLFPACK
10-08-2009, 09:04 AM
Thanks Patrick!

I'd love to finish it up but i'm pretty overwhelmed with the Human Rights work that i don't see it getting done anytime soon.

I have little doubt that with a little work this will be the fastest TRX125 motor to date. The power delivery and flow of a 4 valve head will not be matched by a 2 valve. There is a Daytona head out that is 4 valve but what it gains in power is lost in the drag of the additional chain drive. This head is a uni-cam so there is no additional drag.

Maybe i'll find time to finish it up and put it in a chassis over the winter.

Shane

miniquaddad90
10-08-2009, 09:37 AM
Yeah, we talked about it quite a bit a few months ago. PM me your number again, I would like to talk with you again.

Patrick